Thread: Tier 5 Comeback (Consoles)

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Tier 5 Comeback (Consoles)

I'm new to the forums but not to Smite. I started playing Smite on the Xbox as soon as it was available. That being said I also love playing Thanatos. Unfortunately, console players did not have a chance at this skin. I came up with an idea where there is a "Tier 5" comeback and these skins could be bought in a way that keeps their exclusiveness but allows players who missed skins to get them. I was thinking of something like gold keys and vaults but you have to purchase enough content to obtain enough points for a key. So similar to the Odyssey's functionality the event would only let the committed players get the skin and keep the skins rare and not played by every common Smite player. As a console player I have never even seen the skin in play and I would gladly drop the money to obtain it; however, that remains impossible. I understand the skins are supposed to be hard to get but I barely see Anubis and Thor as it is so I think an extra shot at those skins for equal or greater value would be an awesome event. Also the event would be on PC of course, I just came up with the idea since Archon was never available to console.
    Last edited by Cknese; 06-29-2017 at 11:48 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Stolids504's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    I wish I could get the t5s I miss as well. If they come to console Id expect a prettyheft price tag on them.

On one hand it isn't fair to people that never did pc gaming, but on the other hand it wouldn't be fair to the people thats been around. That had to drop serious money on odyssey and such to get those skins.

Its very double edged.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead tootalicious's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    If they did allow console players to get archon, they should do what they did with poolseidon with a charity event. donate 100$ to charity and you get the skin.

Achievements:
    I'd do that.

Still remains though that is a big fuck you to Smite PC players that been here since day one and went through the bullshit needed to get the skin.

Achievements:
    Sorry for double post.

Buying all those odyssey chest and the time it takes to get to the tier 5 is well over 100 dollars. Time and money wise.

Its a cosmetic. We'll live.

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by tootalicious View Post
    If they did allow console players to get archon, they should do what they did with poolseidon with a charity event. donate 100$ to charity and you get the skin.
    They have done that. Except it was $1,000 (US). Don't expect it for anything less than that any more.
    Remember The Manticore

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Archon has been made available for the Spring Fling charity event (twice now i think). it's an expensive as hell swing but if you've got it to spare it's charity and tax deductible. I can't drop that kind of cash but it'd be something I'd do if I could.

I'm totally lying I'd go pick up shallow women and have a weekend of debauchery that'd make Zeus proud.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I actually don't mind not owning the Archon Thanatos and Ragnarok Force Thor T5 skins. I'm fine with the Demonpact Anubis even though I don't really like it that much. What I really want to get though are the Poolseidon Poseidon and Dr. Vanus Sylvanus skins. But I'm resigned to the fact that I'll never get those. at least I got the Sea Maiden Medusa and the Grim Shadow Nox skins.
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.