Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If we Could Re-Cast Smite

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points

If we Could Re-Cast Smite

This is just a "Just for Fun" thread. What if you were given the choice to remove some gods and re-do the Smite god casting altogether? How would you repopulate Smite?

If it were up to me, I'd remove Rome. Remove some other gods and add some famous names.
    As you can see, Smite will truly be a Battle of gods All-Star style, very few to no randoms.

Greece
    1. Zeus
    2. Poseidon
    3. Hades
    4. Athena
    5. Ares
    6. Apollo - he now has a bow and a more well-rounded set of skills, not just music
    7. Artemis
    8. Hermes
    9. Dionysus
    10. Hephaestus
    11. Aphrodite
    12. Chronos

new
    13. Hera - wife and sister of Zeus. She'll be a support/explosive mage
    14. Prometheus - titan god of fire. He's a warrior with lots of return-damage.
    15. Atlas - the titan who carried the world. He'll be a warrior with Hercules-like kit but with head that's proportional to his body.

Norse
    1. Odin
    2. Thor - assassin Thor just doesn't make sense in a mythology standpoint. Therefore, he'll be a warrior and not assassin.
    3. Loki
    4. Tyr
    5. Ullr
    6. Freya
    7. Skadi
    8. Ymir
    9. Hela
    10. Fenrir

new
    11. Baldur - support warrior with skills that benefit ONLY Norse pantheon gods. Yes, and don't sway me to have him support other pantheons. His purpose is to encourage people to pick all-Norse. He's a better support than gods who support multiple pantheons like Aphrodite and Chang'e (but hey, they support a wider variety of gods).
    12. Freyr - warrior
    13. Jormungandr - assassin
    14. Bragi - god of music. support mage

Egypt
    1. Ra
    2. Osiris
    3. Isis
    4. Neith
    5. Anhur
    6. Bastet - now with a more cat-look
    7. Sobek
    8. Anubis
    9. Thoth

new
    10. Set - guardian
    11. Horus - warrior
    12. Hathor - support mage

Mayan
    1. Chaac
    2. Kukulkan
    3. Ah Puch
    4. Xbalanque
    5. Hun Batz
    6. Cabrakan
    7. Ah Muzen Cab
    8. Camazotz

new
    9. Yum Kaax - mayan god of agriculture and wild animals. Hunter!
    10. Ixtab - mayan goddess of suicide. She'll be a hunter and has the capability to kill allies who has low health or herself. This way, you'll deny opponents of kills and gold.
    11. Hunahpu - brother of Xbalanque and god of the sun. He'll have his severed head as his weapon. He is yet another mayan Hunter. Notice how Mayans have a lot of hunters.

Chinese
    1. Nuwa
    2. Guan Yu
    3. Sun Wukong
    4. He Bo
    5. Nezha
    6. Erlang Shen - now with a cool Chinese-looking armor
    7. Hou Yi
    8. Chang'e
    9. Zhong Kui
    10. Da Ji

new
    11. Fuxi - He will be voiced by a Chinese guy with a Chinese accent. Fuxi is the husband of Nuwa and the lao shi of the basic needs of civilization. He will also be voiced by a Chinese guy with Chinese accent. He's a guardian who has CC and stuns that can last a very long time the more Chinese gods there are in the game. Not just allies but enemies as well (unlike Baldur and Izanagi). Did I mention he'll be voiced by a Chinese guy with a Chinese accent?
    12. Xi Wang Mu - wife of the Jade Emperor. She will be a fragile guardian focusing more on her teammates' survival with Peaches of Immortality and Elixirs of Life skills making her more of a team player.
    13. Longwang - notice how Ao Kuang is no longer here. That's because he's now part of Longwang, the combination of the four dragon kings. He'll still be a mage like Ao Kuang.

Japanese
    1. Amaterasu
    2. Susano'o
    3. Raijin
    4. Izanami

new
    5. Fujin - kami of the wind. He'll be a tough mage hard countering hunters as one of his skills makes him immune to physical range attacks for a certain time.
    6. Tsukuyomi - god of the moon and brother of Amaterasu and Susano. He'll be a shinobi-inspired Japanese assassin.
    7. Izanagi - creator of Japan and husband of Izanami. He'll be a fierce Japanese warrior. Weak early game and not really a threat late game if he's the only Japanese in his team unless his player is very skillful. The more Japanese teammates there are other than Izanagi, the more threatening he becomes late game. At full Japanese team and fed, he's basically unstoppable. Perhaps the strongest god in the game at full capacity.
    8. Ungyo - Japanese kami of strength. He'll be guardian. I like Kuzenbo's play-style but Kuzenbo just doesn't feel godly enough to be in Smite. Ungyo will have most of his skills.
    9. Ebisu - fat Japanese guardian who will throw fish at his opponents (to annoy them) or allies (to heal them). He can hook opponents or allies like a true fisherman and bring them closer to him which either saves allies or harass enemies.
    10. Hachiman - Yet another Hunter with a bow! He'll be a combo-based hunter who can shot multiple targets at once.
    11. Sengen - goddess and guardian of Mt. Fujiyama. Her skills involve buffing allies with her flowers and cherry blossoms. Lots of good auras to aid allies. She can either be a support mage or support guardian.

Hindu
    1. Rama
    2. Ravana
    3. Kali
    4. Vamana
    5. Ganesha
    6. Agni
    7. Kumbhakarna
    8. Bakasura

new
    9. Indra - king of the heavens and god of rain. Guardian.

*I like to add more but since this is an active religion, I don't know which gods to avoid
    Last edited by LiamX; 06-28-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    The ability or passive you gave Ixtab would be such a troll move. Someone one barely lives and almost home free then died. Well thought you were going to die. Does sound fun if you get one of those teams you hate.

As for the topic I would remove Erlang Shen and rework Loki. Loki definitely is well known enough to be in the game but I am starting to hate him on my team then against my team. Most Lokis don't do a thing to help with fights until it is time to get a kill and sadly this is actually good Loki play. Most Lokis that try to to actually help out get stomped.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,499
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Add Jiutian Xuannu (translates to The Dark Lady of the Nine Heavens). She's a sword-wielding phoenix-riding war goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    Erlang Shen - now with a cool Chinese-looking armor
    Pretty much that too, or just remove him. The current design is ridiculous, void of any allusions to culture.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    You can't "cut" Rome since it has deities that aren't in the greek, like Bellona (Enyo is her own god in Tactics fo a reason, they're "similar" but Bellona is NOT Enyo), rather it should be Greco-Roman Pantheon and instead of recolors their T1 skins should be 1 Greek style 1 Roman Style with the respective proper name.

I'd make Hera an Assassin, with her skillset focusing on her history, attacking with her twin snakes, summon crab pets that ankle bite to slow, betrayal poison like Serqet, etc.
    I wouldn't give Prometheus return damage, i'd give him Kumba's passive.
    Set should be an assassin.
    Hathor would have to be like Hel because she's also Sekmet
    Tsukuyomi should be a guardian
    Shuten Doji, Kaguya, and Uzume deserve spots before Ungyo, Sengen or Ebisu
    Indra wields a Lightning Vajra and is god of ALL things storms, Thunder Lightning AND Rain, he should be a Mage or Magic ADC.

I don't think any god should only benefit their pantheon, but a bonus for playing as 3+ members bering the same pantheon sound reasonable (think Nike passive)

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    I would like to open up the rosters to include "legendary" figures, Guan Yu's deitification is a nice excuse but I'd say Achiles and Ajax deserve more than just a name drop from Scylla. We have gods demi-gods demons and monsters, why not Heroes (and Lu Bu because IT'S LU BU!)

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Wouldnt mind having Garuda as a carrier gaurdian. think like a nox hopping into a ultin apollo. And Karna as a hunter who can give gold to his ally for a buff.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 378
    I would remove Nox as she is balanced but complete anti-fun.

For God changes I would put fenrir and thor back in the warrior tab.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Vulcan as Hephaustos, merc should remain as merc but we should add hermes too, would be funny having two messenger gods and then i agree why isnt prometheus a thing?

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 816
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post

Thor - assassin Thor just doesn't make sense in a mythology standpoint. Therefore, he'll be a warrior and not assassin.

13. Jormungandr - assassin
    While I do share the sentiment that Thor should be a warrior, as it would be a more "accurate" depiction of him, you are suggesting that the largest living creature in Norse mythology should be an assassin... How did you come about that choice?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead tootalicious's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    I'm still anticipating the day that we get set. I mean a desert & sand based mage/guardian would be so cool (i hope hes magic since visually they could probably incorporate sand better into his kit that way)