Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the distrubution of skins for gods.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran

Let's talk about the distrubution of skins for gods.

Here's a list of gods that haven't gotten anything above a T2 that wasn't exclusive or limited since 2012: Anhur, Bakasura (if you don't consider laughing skull to be above T2 considering how lacking it is in the looks department), Cupid, Ra, Sobek, Ymir.

2013: Arachne, Ares, Freya, Guan Yu, He Bo, Hercules, KukulKan, Neith, Thor, Vamana, Vulcan, Zeus.

2014: Agni, Ah Muzen Cab, Anubis, Apollo, Chaac, Fenrir, Geb, Hades (Only because of the remodel he received otherwise he would be in the 2013 list), Hun Batz, Isis, Kumbhakarna, Nemesis, Sun Wukong.

Gods without deluxe skins that aren't exclusive or limited during their entire time in the game (release dates of the gods will be next to their names and characters from this season are excluded) : Ao Kuang 2014, Kali 2012, Khepri 2015, Nu Wa 2013, Osiris 2014, Sylvanus 2014.

I've excluded skins since 2015 and 2016 to give Hi-Rez the benefit of the doubt because I know this stuff takes time but locking a majority of skins behind the "Exclusive" and "limited" wall is getting really annoying when you throw chests into the mess it already is.

I might have missed some so if I did please tell me and I will add it into this post with credit to you for correcting me.
    Last edited by KasaiFox; 06-27-2017 at 01:33 PM.
    I think its about time we give Afrodite and Neith some HiRez Hires makeup

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    chests get easier as you collect things. if you got the god pack just pour your favor into Emotes and T1 recolors, it makes the enigma chests almost exclusively gem skins and voice packs, which is what most 55 item chests are plus 3 exclusives, over time it'll just get to the point that only the new exclusive isin the box.

As for who's getting skins it's mostly based on who's newer and who sees the most play. Granted though Nu Wa's entire skin catalog is exclusive aside from her T1, she could stand to get a 250 Gem T2 and 400 Gem T3.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    chests get easier as you collect things. if you got the god pack just pour your favor into Emotes and T1 recolors, it makes the enigma chests almost exclusively gem skins and voice packs, which is what most 55 item chests are plus 3 exclusives, over time it'll just get to the point that only the new exclusive isin the box.

As for who's getting skins it's mostly based on who's newer and who sees the most play. Granted though Nu Wa's entire skin catalog is exclusive aside from her T1, she could stand to get a 250 Gem T2 and 400 Gem T3.
    To me the biggest part is the gamble of chests and not getting what you want majority of the time but I understand where you are coming from. I think Kali is the most disgusting part of the limited and exclusive skins, she hasn't gotten a single non-exclusive or non-limited deluxe skin in her 5 years of service of this game. The only skin that isn't a recolor is a T2 that gives her a cone head.
    I think its about time we give Afrodite and Neith some HiRez Hires makeup

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,499
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Nuwa's complete skin exclusivity is a bit absurd...

Member Worshipper Lagministrator's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GongsunYiru View Post
    To be fair, one of those is just a free recolor that takes about 45 seconds to get. But, the point remains valid.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead tootalicious's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by GongsunYiru View Post
    I mean to be fair most of nu wa's "exclusive skins" were initially either purchasable or obtained through events.

- water dancer anyone can get for free now
    - nu horizons was directly purchasable in the 2015 odyssey
    - the 2 beach skins were direct purchase 2016 summer of smite
    - old was was pretty much gifted for free to anyone who just did several quests in 2016 odyssey
    - nu horizons recolour came with the (i believe) 2016 season ticket (which was 400 gems i believe.?)

I suppose it is only really annoying though for new players.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    I think Neith and Ymir need more skins.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    There is no obligation for them to make direct purchasable skins for every god. They will come eventually.
    Rip & Tear

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by tootalicious View Post
    I mean to be fair most of nu wa's "exclusive skins" were initially either purchasable or obtained through events.

- water dancer anyone can get for free now
    - nu horizons was directly purchasable in the 2015 odyssey
    - the 2 beach skins were direct purchase 2016 summer of smite
    - old was was pretty much gifted for free to anyone who just did several quests in 2016 odyssey
    - nu horizons recolour came with the (i believe) 2016 season ticket (which was 400 gems i believe.?)

I suppose it is only really annoying though for new players.
    Her skins were direct purchase FOR A LIMITED TIME. So it doesn't really fall into the direct purchase category since they were attached to an event or chest. Her Amethyst skin is the ONLY TRUE DIRECT PURCHASE skin. Skins that fall under this category should be available to purchase at any time and without EXCLUSIVE or LIMITED attached to them. And having almost 89% of her skins falling under the EXCLUSIVE category is really absurd. Not to mention she received 5 skins in a year's time while other gods have to wait for years to get a new one.

Kuzenbo and Susano are another example of gods getting several skins in a span of 3-4 months. Ymir, Neith, Apollo, Chaac, Kali, Kukulkan, and Scylla all have lots of skins and most of those are exclusives.

They really need to show some love to other gods like Hun Batz, Awilix, Cabrakan, Ne Zha, Zhong Kui, and Ah Puch.
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 1,716
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Nu Wa has like... what 4-7 recolors?

I wouldn't really count lazy 10 second photoshop recolors 'unique' skins worth fretting about personally.