Thread: Conquest vs Joust and duel (opinions)

New Member Minion SilveryonFlame's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 391
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Lightbulb Conquest vs Joust and duel (opinions)

Hello!
    So, i feel like have to say something. Recently i've seen so many people complaining that joust and duel are casual and unimportant game modes and should be removed. I see this all the time by popular conquest players. I understand that the existence of those two gamemodes bring several balancing problems to the game, however i think that those two gamemode are why a lot of people play smite. Personally i am a joust player. Not because im "casual". I have a lot of experience in conquest too but i prefer joust.

In conquest its you and a friend (2 people) teamed up with other 3 people. Each lane is almost like a "distinct" game that is connected with the others. If you get teamed up with players that for whatever reason don't do well in their lanes (it happens) even if you and your friend are really good it is really hard to carry the game against 5 enemies. In joust however if you have a really bad teamate or even an afk you can still carry the game if you are really good. It happened to me before and it happens every day (im plat in this acc btw and diamond in my other). That is why i love joust.

Now i am not a huge fun of duel mostly because i think it is a little bit unbalanced and it has many bugs.

I am not saying that one mode is inferior than the other. Yes maybe conquest requires more strategic thinking but joust requiers other skills. Smite has a few mechanics that differentiate it from other mobas and those mechanics do really well with joust and make it what it is. If joust were to be removed i (personally) wouldn't see the point of playing smite. If i were to play a 5v5 game id rather play something that is more balanced and i can carry even if my tean is not that good. The reason i am saying this is because other joust that i have talked to players feel the same. Now you might be thinking "so why do you play joust then and why not some other game?" like i said smite has some mechanics that do extremely well in joust.

I didn't come here to start a fight nor to offend anyone. I want to know your opinions so please be polite.

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I play all three. Duel is nice as a (relatively) easy source of wins for end-of-season rewards, and it can help you get better with specific gods, early game sustain, or boxing in general, but otherwise doesn't teach you much about Smite. Joust is fine if you have teammates, but solo queuing it's no better than Conquest in terms of whether you can carry a game. Conquest really is unlike anything else Smite has to offer, chiefly because you generate gold so slowly and start at level 1, not to mention the size of the map. You can camp your tower to full build in Joust. When I was new to Smite I avoided Conquest like the plague for that reason, but the better I got at Smite, the more fun Conquest became.
    PS4 Player
    Favorites: Kumba, Xing Tian, Bastet, Medusa, Skadi, Anubis, Chang'e

I am not a robot. I selected ALL the images with a storefront and ONLY the images with a storefront.

Junior Member Senior Minion Moonie's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 558
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    uh r u srs? conuest is a 30-1hr game and joust is 10-20 mins.

i mean some of us work for a livin?

Lol?
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedFrost
    Every time Moonie posts a new thread I take a shot. I haven't been sober since 2013.

Junior Member Senior Minion Moonie's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 558
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    and TBH if ur good enough it shouldnt effect u
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedFrost
    Every time Moonie posts a new thread I take a shot. I haven't been sober since 2013.