Thread: Are you kidding me Hi rez?

Hybrid View

New Member Cupidhead xWOLF_IMPERIALx's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 263
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Forget about it XD (Sorry)

This post has been edited due to the fact it was made with common sense not being apart of the Procedure!

Sorry Hi-Rez
    Last edited by xWOLF_IMPERIALx; 04-21-2018 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Bad day

Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Theres a Rolling Stones song that is quite fitting for this, and unfortunately sometimes the skin you would like is in a chest. There have been plenty of good direct purchase skins lately, and I'm sorry to say but just because the one you want isn't directly purchasable is no reason to lose your shit, especially considering Hi-Rez need to monetize the free game you're playing somehow. If your complaint was levelled at a game like Overwatch or a similar full price game with rng microtransactions, then I would absolutely be agreeing with you, but not in a free to play game.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 2,551
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    It's a skin. It doesn't affect gameplay, and it's not a big deal. If you don't want to support this business model, don't buy chests. Simple.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    SirKeksalot tell me.. who in the right mind would support this kind of business model? Only 13 year old boys that doesn't have a clue what makes the world spin. This is a fu cking scam MATE

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 501
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    again we reiterate this

SMITE IS A FREE TO PLAY GAME

Hi-Rez needs some way to make money, to pay their employees, to pay the bills.

Many Gods are still new, and as such Hi-Rez needs time to come up with a skin that will look good on the God.

You can't expect them to come up with 4-5 skins for every God they release right off the bat.

They also have held back skins for Gods because;

1) The God was on their update list [visual update, rework, etc]

2) They are waiting for a certain time of year [Valentine's day, Easter, etc]

3) They had other Gods higher on their queue of needed a skin
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    "SMITE IS FREE TO PLAY" is that really an angle you want to debate from? Take a look around SON majority of MOBA games are free to play yet not all have this so called business model. But business includes deals, this my friend is a zero deal - full scam kinda situation. You keep telling yourself that they need this for their survival. We see through it and realize that there is never enough for them..

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 501
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by mayoD3 View Post
    "SMITE IS FREE TO PLAY" is that really an angle you want to debate from? Take a look around SON majority of MOBA games are free to play yet not all have this so called business model. But business includes deals, this my friend is a zero deal - full scam kinda situation. You keep telling yourself that they need this for their survival. We see through it and realize that there is never enough for them..
    It's the only way to debate this from. Would you rather we pay $30 or more to get the game in the first place and then have the microtransaction stuff on top of that?

Don't whine just because a God you like doesn't have a giant list of skins (cool or otherwise).

IT TAKES THEM TIME TO MAKE THE SKINS!

And as I stated, they have a myriad of other Gods, many of which are well overdue for a new skin that are older than Camazotz.

The one thing they tend to focus on, when making skins is, God popularity.

Why make a skin for a God that isn't that popular? Sure people might buy it, but they can get more money to fund the game THAT IS STILL FREE TO PLAY BY THE WAY by making skins for Gods that are popular.

All in all, if you don't like how they work their business, you are more than welcome to not support it.

It isn't like they are forcing you to buy the Gods or Skins or anything in the game.

You are also more than welcome to stop playing and never look back.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

New Member Cupidhead mightyc3po's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I've been paying and supporting the game for a while now though I haven't alway for quite a while I was a ftp player but I noticed smite gives a lot of free shit and so many enigma chests you see most of the chest items overlap with other chest and since you can't get something you already have your chance always go up whether or not you spend money and if you do it'll increase your odds next time I find this to be a nice system nicer then many triple A payed systems