Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The hate against silver/bronze and so on

Member Follower xDarksacrificex's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Elo hell is not a myth. It's more like legend, and every legend has some seed of truth. I've noticed that new players after winning some first games get insane amount of ELO(around 100 per win, while I get 10). This makes them playing with better players faster and ruin everyones game tho(but they are losing only 10 ELO). I believe same thing could happen to every single player at the beginning of season 4. If someone got lucky he got ELO boosted and this way he get higher than others. While others are stuck somewhere at 1500 and since matchmaking is about to make players have win ratio 50:50 you gain and lose ELO at around same rate and you are stuck(meanwhile these uber noobs aka new players because of this can't lose their ELO because they need 50:50 win ratio).

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by xDarksacrificex View Post
    Elo hell is not a myth. It's more like legend, and every legend has some seed of truth. I've noticed that new players after winning some first games get insane amount of ELO(around 100 per win, while I get 10). This makes them playing with better players faster and ruin everyones game tho(but they are losing only 10 ELO). I believe same thing could happen to every single player at the beginning of season 4. If someone got lucky he got ELO boosted and this way he get higher than others. While others are stuck somewhere at 1500 and since matchmaking is about to make players have win ratio 50:50 you gain and lose ELO at around same rate and you are stuck(meanwhile these uber noobs aka new players because of this can't lose their ELO because they need 50:50 win ratio).
    How can you notice an increase in that when you cant see ELO?! are you a wizard? Oo

Matchmaking doesnt do anything of that on purpose, it just tries to average out matches which obviously fails somewhat
    Regardless, that has nothing to do with ELO hell at all. Elo hell is literally just a bland excuse of people to bitch on Hirez MM and make them balance it even slower because they cant adress actual MM problems
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 3,351
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Elo hell is a myth its an excuse for people who are stuck in low tier
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Stolids504's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Linl your 1 vs 5 team carry or your opinion is trash.

Half people on thos fprum got carried or actually had a good team game.

Not to mention if your under diamond your not good. And smiteguruing most of this foeum most of yall are trash.

Queing as a 5 man team and getting diamond is 100 times is easier than clawing your way solo.

Still want to see all these people that say its easy. Linl when your whole team was negative and built wrong and you made the win. Dont worry. Ill wait.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    I don't understand the people that say just carry your way out of low ranks. First off you can't always carry on every role, you're better at some than others and you don't always get your best ones. Secondly you can't carry idiots, I've had many games as a jungler where I've dropped 20 something kills and we still lose because you can't force your team to focus the right things. I just lost a game tonight because my team refused to defend the Phoenix that just respawned when the enemy had FG and they decided to try to attack left lane instead. They don't listen and they aren't smart. You can't carry your way out in a 5v5 team based game

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I would say it can be more difficult to get out of Bronze/Silver depending on the position you play.

For example, I would say it's much harder for a support to be able to carry a game compared to a Mage or ADC. It also doesn't help that supports naturally get less TP per win compared to other roles, especially if you are running a team orientated build instead of a damage build.

Sometimes you will get players with no idea and no matter how hard you try you wont be able to get that win - Loki & Cupid (one against Bellona, the other against Osiris), in solo are 2 that I've had the joy of experiencing whilst qualifying this split).

If you think it's bad on PC..try PS4. The amount of players that have no idea on strategy is laughable. I've seen people try and take the titan when T2 Towers and all the phoenix's are standing. No amount of carrying will get you the win when you are playing with these people.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead ShirentheSiren's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Actually was coming to the forums to say literally this myself OP. I was gold 1 last split and this split with the same starting placement matches (6/4) I was placed in silver 2 and I have literally had to forcibly stop myself from slamming my head into the wall because of the pure insanity that is silver. How do these players even remember to breath!? Slamming my head into a wall would grant me better progress then continuing to play ranked. It has nothing to do with any stigma for low elo its plain and simply theres just to many bad players in the game but all it takes is one slightly better player getting fed to destroy your entire game. The only thing keeping me playing was honestly the money ive sunk into the game but now, I can not physically force myself to play the game. Its not fun, its enraging. Matchmaking is none existant. why am I a silver 2 being paired AGAINST platinums and WITH bronze? that doesn't make sense unless hi rez is physically out to ruin my gaming experience. but that's fine. They wont see a cent from me ever again while they choke for air. If they weren't choking, their servers wouldn't be such shit.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 3,351
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by ShirentheSiren View Post
    I was gold 1 last split and this split with the same starting placement matches (6/4) I was placed in silver 2
    Last split placements were too easy becuz you could get Diamond just from Qualifiers so they made it that you get only max to Plat from Qualifiers and thats IMO still too high it should be Gold 5 with 10-0 in Qualifiers

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead ShirentheSiren's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    As someone who climbed to plat in league from bronze, elo hell is absolutely a thing. It is started by higher ranked players because they have this fancy saying "its easy to carry yourself" which is a flat out lie. Complete lie and they don't understand it. just because its easy for YOU doesn't mean its easy for someone else. Elo hell is a place and yes its lower elos because in those elos 1 person is not able to make as big an impact in a higher tier game. one pro getting fed can do massive damage, but one silver player getting fed isn't able to do as much because they are still just an unskilled player. The only way I managed to climb myself out was by getting a 5 man group. Solo q is hell and unless you are significantly stronger then every other player in the game you will not climb period end of conversation. Take it from someone who has lived in every spot from bronze to plat it exists and saying it doesn't only solidifies its existence.

@rainbowsplat I would agree it was to easy if not for the fact it was my first time in ranked so I had a set elo. I started in gold 3 and climbed to gold 1 so with my elo theres no reason what so ever I should have been in silver but now that I am theres no way I'm going to get out. Past 3 games had both teammates as feeders and one of them didn't even have a clue what chasing was. So I repeat, elo hell exists.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaycrol View Post
    How can you notice an increase in that when you cant see ELO?! are you a wizard? Oo

Matchmaking doesnt do anything of that on purpose, it just tries to average out matches which obviously fails somewhat
    Regardless, that has nothing to do with ELO hell at all. Elo hell is literally just a bland excuse of people to bitch on Hirez MM and make them balance it even slower because they cant adress actual MM problems
    Eh I wouldn't be surprised that elo hell exsist. I think I'm in bronze or silver for ranked conquest, but that's probably because I don't play ranked conquest much at all. No a perfectly logical explanation as to why some can't carry games is the infamous surrender vote. If your the only F7 warrior in that match, you won't be able to stop the surrender vote and will have to take the L. That's what I have noticed that is. Sure there are other logical reasons as to why your stuck in that elo, but people giving up way too early is probably the main cause.

But thats just my theory