Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The hate against silver/bronze and so on

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 282
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Party Person 1 year registered Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points

The hate against silver/bronze and so on

So what is with the hate around silver and bronze players?People act like what they say means nothing or that their rank means they are dumb or something.Do these players not have a brain and understand how ranked works?

Okay now some of these players are legit trash and deserve bronze v but some of them including me are or were in those ranks for so long cause of bad teammates.I quit SMITE in the beginning of the summer split cause of these bad teammates.I got out of qualifying and was in silver iv or v whatever.Started playing SMITE again recently and got 2 lucky games where my teammates wasn't 100% trash and I was allowed to play jungle and carried both games all the way from silver v to gold v.

Not everyone gets this luck though.Just cause a player is in bronze or silver doesn't automatically make them bad at the game.Here are some reasons why they could be good but are forced into low ranks by forces out of their control.

Trolls

We all know these kids that play bad or pick bad for some dumb reason.They either feed on bad gods or think pick order is a good system and force players into roles they are bad and complain when they do bad.(shocking right?)

Legitimate bad players

We also all know these players.The kinds that are actually bad at the game and build wrong, pick wrong, play wrong and so on.

Players with technical issues

Sometimes this is out of their control and their isp all of a sudden didn't want them to have internet or something.Maybe they know they have bad connection and decide to play anyway thus ruining games.

There are more reasons but these 3 are probably the most common ones.It isn't always the players fault for being in bronze or silver cause this is SMITE.Solo carrying in SMITE is next to impossible if one or more people on your team is feeding or if the enemy team is semi competent.SMITE is also a team game and it only takes 1 bad player on your team to lose the game for you.
    You don't understand.Edgar is the one in the hole.

"Tell me again little Lamb.What is mine to take?"
    "All things dear Wolf.

"Never one."
    "Without the other."

Jing Wei is the best goddess in, SMITE, in everything. <3 #Notbiased

Jing Wei stats: 15 Godlikes 2 Penta's 4 Quadra's <3

Member Follower CorruptSovereign's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 280
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    I believe its because of the stigma typically you'll associate low elo with lack of knowledge or skill whether or not it is true is a whole other story. Personally I think everyone should have a right to speak their mind regardless of rank but I also believe that those who are in low ranks should have their opinion taken with a grain of salt

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Rank/League placement is more of an aesthetic feature. It sometimes incorrectly reflects your actual gaming experience.

But, seriously, I have friends at diamond who say that a lot of players at Diamond should never be there and belong to Bronze-Silver tier.

Ranked for me is like Casual but with bans/picks. Honestly speaking, I don't see a difference. There are same instalockers, same afk/leavers, same trolls just like in Casual Conquest but it makes things worse because in Ranked you are losing ranks/elo/whatever it can be thus creating even more toxic behaviour.

I am talking about it based on personal experience AND based on streams of different other games with such rank system.

---

I honestly love games where there is one queue (for example Conquest) but it's both casual and ranked. I mean, such games have their own leaderboard/rank/placing system into casual queue and based on how you play, you progress up and down. If you wanna ask, Dead By Daylight and Awesomenauts have such system. They have one "queue" for everyone but if you win and carry, you rank up and if you lose and don't care about winning, you stay at low ranks. This is really something that I like a lot. It keeps casual mind players at their levels and allows high level players to compete on a different competitive mind with another high level players (ofc if matchmaking doesn't screw it ).

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 785
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    you lost me at "im only bronze/silver cus of bad teammates". first, your enemy team has as much chance as you to get bad teammates. second, if you cant carry your rank, you belong in your rank.

yeah sure, rank doesnt mean everything but this whole "bad teammates" excuse is just stupid.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

Hail 9 headed kkk so he can make Machu Pichu great again!

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 728
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Honestly playing Ranked is similar to gambling to me.

You are not only betting against how good your skill is, you are betting on if your team isn't gonna be a potato (so 4 others so far), betting on the enemy team being beatable (so that's another 5), and on top of all that the technical issues that can happen suddenly.

Some people win the lottery, other's walk away with money wasted on a ticket. This might sound really pessimistic and some people can carry out of their "pleb" tier rank but then you might run into a game with 3 afks on your team. The whole system is counter-intuitive.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 282
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Party Person 1 year registered Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by zecleria View Post
    you lost me at "im only bronze/silver cus of bad teammates". first, your enemy team has as much chance as you to get bad teammates. second, if you cant carry your rank, you belong in your rank.

yeah sure, rank doesnt mean everything but this whole "bad teammates" excuse is just stupid.
    No it isn't.I am a good player.I consider myself far above average.But even I can't carry a 3v5 or 2v5 against semi competent enemies.I had a game where we had a troll neith that built tank and I got lucky enough that our solo laner was good enough that me and her was able to snowball hard enough to make the enemy team surrender.I even had a hercules that dc'd in one game and many other issues with my teammates.SMITE isn't a solo carry game like League of Legends.As far as the enemy team I have had countless normal matches where my teammates are not even level 30 and the enemy team is plat and diamond.Literally impossible to win that.
    You don't understand.Edgar is the one in the hole.

"Tell me again little Lamb.What is mine to take?"
    "All things dear Wolf.

"Never one."
    "Without the other."

Jing Wei is the best goddess in, SMITE, in everything. <3 #Notbiased

Jing Wei stats: 15 Godlikes 2 Penta's 4 Quadra's <3

Forum Moderator Chosen Slaycrol's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    "I got bad teammates"
    "i dont belong in silver/bronze/other tier"
    "why is MM so shitty"
    "Its all gamble"
    "Pros are just lucky"
    "i only get trolls/Dcs/my teammates suck at teaming"

Dont mind me, just collecting typical Bronze/Silver excuses i heard over time :3
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Forum Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 994
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeC9 View Post
    No it isn't.I am a good player.I consider myself far above average.
    If you were far above avarage you wouldnt have problems getting out of Bronze/Silver and if you are going to tell me you are unlucky and only in your team are trolls and never in the enemy team then you are simply lying
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 392
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    If you were far above avarage you wouldnt have problems getting out of Bronze/Silver and if you are going to tell me you are unlucky and only in your team are trolls and never in the enemy team then you are simply lying
    Yeah, this. I'd probably be out of Silver by now if I just played Ranked more often, since pretty much all my losses were because of my team not understanding the concept of warding; so I wouldn't call it a stretch to think that Silver and below aren't exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 785
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeC9 View Post
    No it isn't.I am a good player.I consider myself far above average.But even I can't carry a 3v5 or 2v5 against semi competent enemies.I had a game where we had a troll neith that built tank and I got lucky enough that our solo laner was good enough that me and her was able to snowball hard enough to make the enemy team surrender.I even had a hercules that dc'd in one game and many other issues with my teammates.SMITE isn't a solo carry game like League of Legends.As far as the enemy team I have had countless normal matches where my teammates are not even level 30 and the enemy team is plat and diamond.Literally impossible to win that.
    far above average? yeah keep sucking yourself mate.

ps. you are very wrong btw.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

Hail 9 headed kkk so he can make Machu Pichu great again!

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.