Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New pantheon next year?

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points

New pantheon next year?

place your bets! personally, I think that the mesopotamian and slavic mythologies deserve a spot in the game, at the very least. there's still so much so to explore with those. it would be a shame if they weren't included at some point.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    It's up in the air at this point, since we have no clues like Drybear's "Irish tea" remark or that interview where someone at HR said they were pumped to add Japanese gods. For geographic diversity's sake, I'm kind of hoping for Yoruba or Hawaiian gods; the latter because we need a shark god*, and the former because I'm curious to see what HR will do with it.

*voiced by Punk Duck
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Repped! First Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    the latter because we need a shark god
    okay but like...we have Land Shark Sobek...

but on a serious note, I think that if Hi-Rez had any intentions of releasing a new pantheon, we would have a clue by now. who knows, maybe one is coming soon. i'm hesitant to say that they'll do it, though, because the fact that they released japanese and celtic so close to each other was out of character for them. then again, maybe they wanna make a habit of that. like Keks said, it's up in the air as to what's happening with the next pantheon.

i agree with Keks though on wanting a Yoruban pantheon, it'd be really interesting to see what Hi-Rez does with African gods
    List of God Concepts (most recent concept: Tarpeia, the Betrayer (Roman/Assassin). I also review concepts; shoot me a PM if you want an honest review of your concept.

Idiot's Guide to the Smite Gods: A New Series For Beginners

You're pretty cool.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

ENOUGH with the new pantheon/gods/events/skins!

Fix your goddamn matchmaking, balance gods, items, fix bugs.

Don't you understand what's going on?! How old are you? 12? Lowrez is distracting you from the game breaking issues SMITE has with new shiny gods and skins. Yet, week after week, new god after new god, skin after skin, they trap you again and again blinding you from the real problems of the game.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wefal View Post
    ENOUGH with the new pantheon/gods/events/skins!

Fix your goddamn matchmaking, balance gods, items, fix bugs.

Don't you understand what's going on?! How old are you? 12? Lowrez is distracting you from the game breaking issues SMITE has with new shiny gods and skins. Yet, week after week, new god after new god, skin after skin, they trap you again and again blinding you from the real problems of the game.
    I'd understand this sentiment if the balance and bugs were anywhere near as bad as you make it out to be. The game is not crippled by its admittedly mediocre balance, and personally, I've probably only gotten a bug somewhere around 10 times over 2 and a half years. There's not a trap, there's not a rouse, they're just doing what any sane developer would do: adding more content to keep the game from getting stale.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

King of the Piplups Chosen inferno18's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 901
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    I don't see why they cant, other than the fact that the Japanese and Celtic collections are low, but considering we're only halfway through the year they have some time to change it.

I expect the Slavic pantheon to be added next or possibly Yoruba.
    IGN in Smite is SamurottsFury. Friend me if you want cancer.
    I identify as Piplup's sassiness; Don't ask questions
    I is also a three time God Concept contest winner ~~
    My Concepts

Junior Member Cupidhead MutzThaPrah's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    I'm usually all for new stuff being added, but I'd like to wait another year or so to add a new pantheon. More focus on filling out the ones we already have. But it's a matter of preference, i guess

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Please no new pantheon for the next 2 years.

Hi-Rez already has to bring the Japanese and the Celtic pantheon on the same level with the other pantheons.
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Just gonna echo the sentiment of others and say build on what you have first before adding more pantheons. I have no problem with more pantheons being added, I just believe some of what is currently there is threadbare at best, and while new content can be argued it must be said a new pantheon is new content inasmuch as a new god is. New avenues to explore are only useful if you can remember where you came from.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SpanglyBalls View Post
    Just gonna echo the sentiment of others and say build on what you have first before adding more pantheons. I have no problem with more pantheons being added, I just believe some of what is currently there is threadbare at best, and while new content can be argued it must be said a new pantheon is new content inasmuch as a new god is. New avenues to explore are only useful if you can remember where you came from.
    I don't want another pantheon yet - I just want to keep focus on the smaller pantheons, if we're lucky we get one Mayan or Hindu an entire year but Chinese, Norse, Egyptian and Greek keeping sneaking in... To much celebration yet people moan about Celtic additions.

Biggest issue with Celtic, Mayan etc is unfamiliarity - all popular requests are for bigger known names like a Hera or Achilles, Set or Horus etc. To be blunt the boring gods who they've heard of Vs far more interesting niche options. New pantheon would have same issue - whinging about smaller pantheons featuring whilst everyone demands Egyptian god number 3532 lol