Thread: Ullr - Thrall Prototype V9.3

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380

Ullr - Thrall Prototype V9.3 (w/ bad artwork)

I was going to submit this on Saturday, but the website was experiencing technical issues all weekend and wouldn't let me create a forum account. Anyway here's my submission.

links to my crappy concept sketches at the bottom, but I recommend reading first. It will help you to understand the sketches.

Here's the concept: There is a viking warlord that has always served himself and wishes to dominate the Viking lands and rule with iron fist. More than anything, he wants this because he refuses to bow down to anyone and serve anyone other than himself. He prays to the Odin and the gods for strength, but it is not the gods that answer him. The last thing he remembers before waking up on the battlefield is being abducted by strange otherworldy creatures (aliens)

What he does not know is that the aliens have already implanted micro-cybernetic nanobots into his bloodstream. These nanobots will change his skeleton into a titanium skeleton as well as take over his brain, eliminating all of his free will, forcing him to serve his masters that have granted him his new found power.

He wakes up on the battlefield confused, angry, and unsure where his weapons are. There are very precise and fresh cuts all over his arms and legs, on his chest, around his face, and from his lips to his jaw. These cuts reveal a glow that is either red or green depending on what stance he is in. While in his axe stance, his cuts glow green. While in his bow stance, his cuts glow red. When the game first starts, one of his eyes also has a glow to match whichever stance he is in.

Upon first attacking, his hands and arms brutally transform into weapons, tearing skin and flesh while doing so. While in his bow stance, his left arm transforms into an energy cannon that fires red lasers, while he aims and stabilized the cannon with his right arm. In his axe stance, the entirety of his forearms and his hands transform into very large axes with lightsaber style edges. If Ullr goes a few seconds without using basic attacks, his arms/hands will transform back into their standard appearance.

Now for the transforming over time portion of the concept: over time the nanobots in Ullrs body take over more and more of his body, while this happens his skin becomes weaker and weaker and his flesh and skin begins to fall off... revealing blood drenched titanium with complex design and engravings that reveal the corresponding glow. This continues until about 15 minutes into the game, where the nanobots have taken over his entire body and all of his free will, however about 40% of his skin is still attached. The only skin left is his on most of his right arm, part of the right side of his chest and back, part of his left leg and a small portion of his face. The only part of his face that still has skin is from about half way down from his forehead to his upper lip, which creates a creepy fleshy mask.

Over time Ullr's dialogue and VGS also starts revealing his loss in free will as well as slowly sounding more and more robotic. He becomes very conflicted, for he wishes to serve no one but himself, yet he can feel himself slowly start becoming compliant and a servant or thrall to his otherworldly master's.

His abilities are pretty straight forward:
    1 (bow) - a lazer blast that travels through enemies
    1 (axe) - a green lazer blast from the lazer edge one of his axes.
    2 (both) - the glowing heavily intensifies
    3 (bow) - fires a lazer blast that falls at the target location
    3 (axe) - as he jumps green energy blasts from his legs and feet and as he lands at his location a green blast shoots out from all his energy crevices.

Now my art skills aren't great but I tried to demonstrate the very basics of the concept.keep in mind that I envisioned him with tattoos all over his head, chest, and arms... but I'm bad at drawing tattoos (and drawing in general).

I hope you guys like it and consider my submission!

http://i64.tinypic.com/s689c2.jpg
    http://i65.tinypic.com/uv7za.jpg
    http://i64.tinypic.com/23iil2c.jpg

---edited to fix a broken link---
    Last edited by 93LukeKB; 06-20-2017 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Edit the title of the thread to include "(w/ bad artwork)"

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380
    There's quite a bit of typos I didn't catch, but I don't know what the rules are about editing after the submission date, so I guess ill leave it. Sorry for the awful typos.