Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Osiris Sickle strike could use a cripple

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points

Osiris Sickle strike could use a cripple

cupid: cripple and a slow in a giant area with a stun that follows. he is a ranged hunter with a dash on a short cool down for goodness sake why is this a thing. supports are supposed to provide cc but this goofy looking archer can do it all by himself. This is more cc that some gods have in their entire kit with one move.

Poseidon: whirlpool is way to much cc for a burst mage with his damage output and mobility.

Nox: shadow lock deals a broken amount of damage otherwise its ok

All of these gods have somewhat good mobility either a passive movement speed buff or a dash in their normal kit also all of them are ranged they do not need to put themselves into bad places to get things done. However sickle strike (Osiris) is not a cripple why not cupid has one and a dash and just about everything else and he is ranged but Osiris cannot have a move that will at least give him something to hold on to his slows are nice for about 2 seconds ant then mobility is up and they are long gone this thwarts your plan to beat them to death. His ability has low enough damage, is single target and only lasts 3 seconds unless he lands his whip on it. plus his kit has only one mobility which is his ult he gets some movement in his passive but nothing that will close a dash gap. It is right to assume that his slow is effective if he is alone with one target and has the length of an entire lane to chase them down.

I like the current unique play style of Osiris, but his kit cannot compete with the messed up things that other characters can spit at him.

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    "Each time Osiris uses an ability he burns away a fragment of his body, gaining Magical and Physical Damage Mitigation for each missing fragment. After losing 8 fragments, he becomes his spirit form. He may walk through enemies and enemy blockers, and his Basic Attacks do not incur a movement penalty. This effect lasts for 6 successful Basic Attacks."

>Literally the only god with fatalis still in his kit
    >"He can't compete"

:thinking:
    Enigmatic is a friendly clan that is welcoming to newcomers.

You can private message me if you want details, or post here.

PM me for a temporary discord link.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ketsie View Post
    cupid: cripple and a slow in a giant area with a stun that follows. he is a ranged hunter with a dash on a short cool down for goodness sake why is this a thing. supports are supposed to provide cc but this goofy looking archer can do it all by himself. This is more cc that some gods have in their entire kit with one move.

Poseidon: whirlpool is way to much cc for a burst mage with his damage output and mobility.

Nox: shadow lock deals a broken amount of damage otherwise its ok

All of these gods have somewhat good mobility either a passive movement speed buff or a dash in their normal kit also all of them are ranged they do not need to put themselves into bad places to get things done. However sickle strike (Osiris) is not a cripple why not cupid has one and a dash and just about everything else and he is ranged but Osiris cannot have a move that will at least give him something to hold on to his slows are nice for about 2 seconds ant then mobility is up and they are long gone this thwarts your plan to beat them to death. His ability has low enough damage, is single target and only lasts 3 seconds unless he lands his whip on it. plus his kit has only one mobility which is his ult he gets some movement in his passive but nothing that will close a dash gap. It is right to assume that his slow is effective if he is alone with one target and has the length of an entire lane to chase them down.

I like the current unique play style of Osiris, but his kit cannot compete with the messed up things that other characters can spit at him.
    I thank you for mentioning Poseidon. Everyone either ignores his OP whirlpool or refused to admit it's OP. But on the note of Osiris, I don't think he needs a cripple. He's good enough with the fact that his abilities can prevent healing completely.(I can't remember if it was two of his abilities or just his ultimate).

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,039
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPokebrony View Post
    I thank you for mentioning Poseidon. Everyone either ignores his OP whirlpool or refused to admit it's OP. But on the note of Osiris, I don't think he needs a cripple. He's good enough with the fact that his abilities can prevent healing completely.(I can't remember if it was two of his abilities or just his ultimate).
    Poseidon's whirlpool is only that OP because of Iso, if people stopped using that item no one would complain about Pose's whirlpool. Anyway, I don't think Osiris needs a cripple, he has a really strong slow that you can spam pretty often and movement speed buff besides of having a free fatalis.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 476
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    There is nothing weak about Osiris except the fact that he doesn't have any healing, which he doesn't need. He's fat Kali.

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GogetaAR View Post
    Poseidon's whirlpool is only that OP because of Iso, if people stopped using that item no one would complain about Pose's whirlpool. Anyway, I don't think Osiris needs a cripple, he has a really strong slow that you can spam pretty often and movement speed buff besides of having a free fatalis.
    I think it's more that they just need to take iso out of the game. It's one of those items, ya know? If its stats are average then it's broken, if it's stats are bad then it's shit.
    Enigmatic is a friendly clan that is welcoming to newcomers.

You can private message me if you want details, or post here.

PM me for a temporary discord link.

Senior Member Honoured RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 658
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    There is nothing weak about Osiris except the fact that he doesn't have any healing, which he doesn't need. He's fat Kali.
    Hmm makes me think gladiators could be really nice on Osiris. He has super low cd on 1, could make good use off it.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured Sasquatchias's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I somewhat disagree, I think Sickle Strike alone shouldn't Cripple.

Instead maybe it should be a new combo Osiris could choose to do in the vein of the Sickle Strike + Spirit Flail combo, making him choose between the increased slow or a cripple to lock people down instead of having both at once.

Like maybe Sickle Strike + Judgement Tether swaps the Slow for a Cripple, or Sickle Strike + Lord of the Afterlife Cripples the target hit by both.

Senior Member Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,443
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Osiris is arguably fine, but I wish his ultimate was made a little faster OR he gets simple 1s root+cripple.

Shadow Lock only deals 280 + 80% after 2 seconds which is perfectly normal mage damage considering it can only affect a single god. Try harder.
    Last edited by Enigmatisty; 06-20-2017 at 10:26 PM.
    I'm maining Hel in Conquest exclusively because I want to live a hard life.

Don't listen to me unless on days when I drink coffee. I'm a retard when my brain isn't chugging.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 642
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    i feel like his auto chain is pretty odd and it think that why i feel like he hit like a wet noodle when i play him
    with .5 /1/ .5 /1 i think if the change his attack chain it you might be all he needs
    not sure what to change it to but i reckon if it was 1 /1 /1,5 it would be pretty good
    or .5 /1.25/ .75/ 1.25