Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Artwork] Seasonal Druid Skadi - Spirits of the season

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 356

[Artwork] Seasonal Druid Skadi - Spirits of the season

The idea is that as the gods battle during a match, several seasons pass for mortals, but to the gods it's nothing. Skadi will start the match on a random season, and through it slowly transition into the next. Each season would last 3-4 minutes in game, and various animations will occur between them - the snow from winter slowly melts leaving her cloak wet, for moss and flowers to start growing in spring etc.

At Skadi's side are her seasonal companions, the Swift rabbit of Winter, Curious stag of Spring, Cunning fox of Summer, and Mourning raven of Autumn. When inactive they appear as just smoke with strange masks as their only feature. Skadi shares their mask decorations. I will upload a reference of these guys when they're active in battle tomorrow, to save my hands for today. xD

Sadly I took too long before concepting and couldn't draw her weapon or abilities, but I can describe them to my best.

Weapon

Winter wields a dark, branchy pinewood spear. At the center of the head of the spear glows her core/the glowing, blue spiral seen on her stomach.

Spring carries a white birch spear, less wild and more cared for than winter's. Like winter's, though, it has a core in the center of the spear head - this time Spring's.

Summer's spear is a gilded gold branch, fancy and bejeweled with emerald maple leaves. It has summer's core decorating it as well.

Autumnbrings to battle a bone spear, cracked and branched - it is adorned lovingly with strings of feathers and orange leaves, and the core of Autumn.

Abilities

These are mostly open for interpretation, themes that I'd like to see go into them are snowfall and swirls for winter, and really work in the bright, magical side of winter with northern lights possibly. Spring leaves flowers everywhere - they fall from the branches protecting her core and grow from her foot steps, so implementing those into abilities is a must, but also the mysterious green glow that she and her stag emit. etc etc. They're kind of self explanatory!

___
    For those concerned by Autumn being more halloween themed: if it's a problem and more people want a lighter, truer autumn feel for her I can accept that change. I was starved for inspiration and ended up drawing her as a spooky lady, but the only thing im REALLY attached to here is the ribcage guarding her core!

Thanks for looking and reading, let me know what you think! <3
    -LJ
    Last edited by Familiar; 06-18-2017 at 10:20 PM. Reason: clarity
    LATERZ

Junior Member Cupidhead AllNamesAreGone's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Holy sh............eets of paper! This is really cool. Autumn is a bit confusing, but still hawt and really interesting. I get a Halloweeny vibe from that. Summer could a flowly, transparent skirt thing or something, but really cool and gives me a beach vibe. Would love to see the weapon and ability art, but I understand that deadlines exist. A really unique and interesting way to change the skin throughout the game without relying on leveling or ability usage. Would LOVE to see this in-game!

New Member Cupidhead straymonkeys's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Beautiful concept, I love the art on it (specially the spring skin and the mix of energy and branches in her body)
    Last edited by straymonkeys; 06-23-2017 at 04:52 AM.

New Member Cupidhead Shirokurou's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    This'll be getting my vote.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Hey guys, (I know it's awkward but Familiar is me, login wasn't working the day i wanted to post unless I made a new account, and then I couldn't get into either when I wanted to update on the 19th) Thanks for the feed back! I didn't manage to finish the Raven, but you get the general idea with these three.

Last edited by Deertaur; 06-23-2017 at 02:42 PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead AllNamesAreGone's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Deertaur View Post
    Hey guys, (I know it's awkward but Familiar is me, login wasn't working the day i wanted to post unless I made a new account, and then I couldn't get into either when I wanted to update on the 19th) Thanks for the feed back! I didn't manage to finish the Raven, but you get the general idea with these three.

OMG, these are so cool! I love how you didn't use a wolf and went with really interesting and unique seasonal animals. The floating masks are spoopy and awesome. Would be interested to see how they change in game. Wishing you well!

New Member Cupidhead robertengle's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    This is a really coll concept for a tier 5. i like the idea of the skin instead of building upon itself turns into a different skin that are drastically different just like the 4 seasons. i would love to see the skins in development to experiment with transitions into each different season. Overall I really love this concept and would love to see it in game.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead syrenadragon's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Omg this skin is so awesome

New Member Cupidhead Deadsteel52's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Omg this is a really cool idea. Definetly the coolest one I've seen yet.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 352
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    This skin is just to Unique!
    I am so amazed by everything, yet I would love to see the animals stay in the fogy look while they are out of combat and after Skadi uses "Rune of the hunt" then the animal turns into a whole thing.
    I hope this skin wins!