Thread: the matchmaking system for advanture hard mode is so annoying..

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Thumbs up the matchmaking system for advanture hard mode is so annoying..

it combines me with people who will pick the weirdest gods that will fail 100% and with barely any items.
    this happens way more than it combines me with decent players..

Member Follower xDarksacrificex's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 532
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    I barely think there is any matchmaking when it comes to adventures. It just puts 3 people in queue into one match. Solution, make a party of 3 and queue.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 213
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    There really isnt anything to matchmake. I got fed up of playing easy mode after I unlocked 90% of items only but hard mode is like wtf. I pick merc and then people lock in as pos Mage or a hunter or both and have no lifesteal and just run out there and die.. I had a guy pick Loki then put all Mage items on. Not sure how reporting worked but Jesus I just need to reach the swamp On hard mode.

Such a mess.. You get people on hard mode with hardly any items too. Like 3 tier 1 items a starter and maybe a tier 3

All I'm going to say is don't que solo, try party up.
    I like turtles

Forum Moderator Chosen Slaycrol's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Tell me, how will you make proper matchmaking for a dungeon finder game? Like seriously, you dont even have set roles to choose in it. Complaining about the matchmaking there is more of an issue of the playerbase, not because the matchmaking fails -.-
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,279
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Party Person Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Well i got a nice random aphro and along with a clan mate we did hardmode and succesfully got the rewards, try to do or find a clan it's better with people that are cordinated.
    The one and true senpai Bacchus Senpai!!

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 657
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaycrol View Post
    Tell me, how will you make proper matchmaking for a dungeon finder game? Like seriously, you dont even have set roles to choose in it. Complaining about the matchmaking there is more of an issue of the playerbase, not because the matchmaking fails -.-
    I would imagine the only real way would be throw everything down a well and the first three that float up first get to go first. Because that is literally all they could do. Which, in all likelihood, is exactly what they do. It is unfortunate that turds also sometimes float, but as you say, its a dungeon crawler, outside of a parameter that shows that player A died by mini harpy slap on numerous occasions while attempting to beat the shit out of a shrub that they earnestly believed was attacking them, the issue is not matchmaking, but a community that on occasion is so thick it makes triple reinforced walls look like tissue paper
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Member Follower xDarksacrificex's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 532
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    It would be nice if it would check the items, like if someone has unlocked all items would put in game with others that have the all items. Also if someone managed to kill boar in hard should have get allies who did too, and so on, but I guess it would be too hard to implement for 4 weeks mode.

Junior Member Senior Minion mrmadafakonas's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I have wasted way too much time to beat hard mode so I became matchmaking myself:

1. Never pick a god first and wait for others to make their picks. If people are hesitating they usually are following the same rule (and therefore you have higher chances with those) - call out your role but wait for the picks;
    2. If you see all that anubis/sol stuff in hard mode just don't pick any god - it is better to drop it in god selection screen than waste your buffs and die at boar IF you get lucky;
    3. Never play with people who have more than 4 digits in their nick name;
    4. Never play with people who insta-lock in even if they pick a decent god;
    5. Never play with people who first pick scylla, then decide to switch to some dungeon meta god for some reason;
    6. If you see that people have really bad gear - drop it as soon as you can;
    7. If you see that people can't handle the boar, drop it there (since you know... you can basically solo the boar).

I followed these rules and my success rates in terms of team composition were much much higher and eventually we won. Another tip is to group up with decent players even if you fail at some point (everyone makes mistakes) - you have much higher chances than to just queue up with randoms all over again. And if you can, communicate with your team.

I personally have really mixed feelings towards this mode since its weirdly hard for randoms to beat. If its a hard raid, then matchmaking should NOT even be there (the way Destiny took). Another things is that you basically get 0 benefit from it unless you beat hydra. So you grind and grind easy mode to get your gear and then have to experience this matchmaking nightmare and a risk of staying empty handed. However, I met new people and had some fun experiences as well so... It worked for me.