Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: JING WEI - Sacred Phoenix

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Zarevak's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    I like the general idea of the concept, but to be honest, I don't like the whole reborn - return to stage 1 thing. And I don't like the first two stages. However stage 3 and 4 look badass. Why not just have the whole concept as a grown up Jing Wei (like in stage 3 and 4)? She could have basic equipment in stage 1, and improved equipment in stage 2 and just leave the stage 3 and stage 4 as it is. That would, in my opinion, make this truly an amazing concept (and the one that I would likely vote for).
    Last edited by Zarevak; 06-22-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead halfday16's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarevak View Post
    I like the general idea of the concept, but to be honest, I don't like the whole reborn - return to stage 1 thing. And I don't like the first two stages. However stage 3 and 4 look badass. Why not just have the whole concept as a grown up Jing Wei (like in stage 3 and 4)? She could have basic equipment in stage 1, and improved equipment in stage 2 and just leave the stage 3 and stage 4 as it is. That would, in my opinion, make this truly an amazing concept (and the one that I would likely vote for).
    I'm glad you find final stages badass

I had to do stages 1 and 2 as "flats" because I was running off of time (deadline was June 19th on Smite website) but I still wanted to make them. So yes, they are less good than 3 and 4, unfortunately. I can do them illustrated, like stages 3/4, but I don't know if it's too late or not

Also, I didn't post this skin as a definitive idea. So if a lot of people prefer to stay at stage 3/4, why not ! I do prefer to reborn at stage 1 because it really suits the idea of a phoenix slowly being reborn, but it's a community skin so, if this skin is selected, I don't mind if they change the mechanics to suit people's will.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Zarevak's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    The worst thing about reborn mechanic is that there's a chance that some players won't be able to even reach the stage 3 because they might get focused a lot by the enemy team. I've got an idea how to make it viable though: Ultimate will still temporarily "upgrade" these stages. At level 10 she'll proceed to stage 2 and if she dies she'll revert to stage 1. At level 15 she'll proceed to stage 3 but if she dies she'll return to stage 2. And at level 20 she'll stay the stage 3 all the time. And the other thing is that I don't like the idea of gods growing up as they progress trough the stages, it just doesn't make sense to me (that's why I'd want the concept to keep the stage 3's age). Doesn't matter too much if the stage 1 and 2 are shown as flats tbh. I don't think it's too late to make edits and adjustments.
    Last edited by Zarevak; 06-26-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    A tip: Don't die every few minutes xD Also a little double kill can get you there. I like that it motivates the player to play with better awareness, die less, play aggressive when needed. Gave thread 5 stars! Love the idea although I don't like Jing wei too much

There should be more skins with this idea in mind to motivate players to play better, but also not just camp in safety but go for kills and assists.
    Last edited by Coucoo; 06-28-2017 at 09:15 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead tootalicious's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    wow this is pretty amazing!

Junior Member Cupidhead halfday16's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Coucoo View Post
    A tip: Don't die every few minutes xD Also a little double kill can get you there. I like that it motivates the player to play with better awareness, die less, play aggressive when needed. Gave thread 5 stars! Love the idea although I don't like Jing wei too much

There should be more skins with this idea in mind to motivate players to play better, but also not just camp in safety but go for kills and assists.
    Yes, I agree with you. I think it's way more interesting and satisfying to play a challenging skin (even a little)

Quote Originally Posted by tootalicious View Post
    wow this is pretty amazing!
    I'm very glad you like :3