Thread: Phoenix Jing Wei

New Member Cupidhead JoeyZeeee123's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Phoenix Jing Wei

Imagine beautiful flaming wings souring through the sky as Jing Wei approaches the battlefield. Embers shooting behind her leaving a trail of flames overhead. Jing Wei lands, her glowing crossbow ready to incinerate any opponent in front of her. She creates a flaming whirlwind under her opponent, launching them in the air. Jing Wei dashes closer in a flaming spectacle, fire spouting from her feet as she runs forward. She fires her crossbow. Glowing bolts shoot forward and explode on her target. Her opponent tries to run away, but Jing Wei is already charging up her ultimate. She takes to the sky in a raging inferno, transformed into a magnificent phoenix and rains down fire onto her enemy. Jing Wei hovers above the battlefield leaving her teammates and opponents alike in awe.

Stage 1: Levels 1-4 Jing Wei resembles the ashes of a phoenix. Her armor and crossbow are gray and white. Her wings are gray with smoke rising from them.

Ability 1: Her whirlwind is a gust of smoke and ash that lofts her opponents in the air

Ability 2: Her buff causes her crossbow to glow a light gray color and fires white bolts

Ability 3: Her dash leaves behind a streak of ash and smoke as she flies forward

Stage 2: Levels 5-9. Jing Wei's armor changes color. Her breastplate and skirt are now red with black and gold highlights. There is a symbol of a phoenix in the middle of her chestplate. Her shoulders match her breastplate and now have gold wings coming out of her armor. Her boots similarly have gold wings on the back. Her hair is now a dark red color. The wings on her back are now red, orange and yellow. Her crossbow matches her armor in color and now resembles the shape of a phoenix.

Ability 1: Her whirlwind now has fire at the base and embers mixed with smoke above

Ability 2: Her crossbow now glows a red-orange color and shoots orange bolts

Ability 3: Her dash now leaves a red-orange streak and drops embers as she flies forward

Ultimate: Jing Wei flies forward high in the air and rains fire onto the ground. The ground is left with a line of ash until the ultimate is complete

Stage 3: Levels 10-14 Jing Wei's hair is now a glowing red color. The highlights on her armor begin to glow and embers are now coming out of her feet when she walks. Her wings are now burning and embers are now visible. She now has a golden winged crown on her head.

Ability 1: Her whirlwind is now a fiery inferno.

Ability 2: Her crossbow now shoots bolts in the shape of a phoenix.

Ability 3: Her wings burn brighter and now leaves fire on the ground for a short time.

Ultimate: Her wings grow larger and are now completely fire.

Final stage: Levels 15-20 Jing Wei's hair is now on fire. The phoenix symbol on her chestplate glows like a fire at night. Her wings are now large and are completely made of fire similar to that of her stage 3 ultimate. Jing Wei's passive now turns her into a phoenix as she leaves the fountain. With fiery wings, she lifts into the air completely transformed. She has a long fiery tail and screams a like a bird when descending into battle.

Ability 1: A phoenix now flies out of her fiery vortex

Ability 2: Her crossbow is now completely made of fire and resembles a phoenix

Ability 3: Similar to stage 3 (can't think of anything)

Ultimate: Jing Wei transforms into a phoenix and flies forward. She drops fire balls that cause large pillars of fire. Jing Wei remains in her phoenix form until she lands.

TL;DR Jing Wei goes from resembling the ashes of a phoenix to actually becoming a phoenix in her final stage ultimate and passive.

Thanks for reading. I believe Jing Wei is the most deserving god to receive a tier 5 skin because she is very fun to use and has a high skill cap. Her wings make for excellent visual effect too.

http://i.imgur.com/GIKeVZs.jpg

Credit to Xelgot with the idea for the stage 2 concept art

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead WetSalad21's Avatar
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points
    Wow, okay I'm gonna admit, whenever i saw a "pheonix jing wei" concept I mentally shot it down pretty quickly thinking that it wouldn't work but damn you've done a pretty good job of illustrating this. (but i don't agree with jing being a high skill cap god , shes just a mobile Artemis when you really boil it down but that's not the point of this thread.) really good work , hope to see this in the finals.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Holy shit this is actually good! 1 of the top 2 jing T5 for me!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead CelestialxAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Love the skin idea, love the artwork. If this doesn't win, we need to at least have that stage 2 art be a skin in the game.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Probably the best Phoenix T5 Jing Wei skin idea I have seen so far. For sure in my top 5 favorite ideas for a skin for her. I'm just dying for a great T5 Phoenix skin for Jing Wei and would love to see this one win. Now just make it where you don't change form until you use her passive from base when she hits the right level for it and I'm down to pay whatever for it! Love it a lot! And I agree, she's a blast to play!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Zarevak's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    The progression is amazing, it's a tier 5 for sure (looks even above the standards of t5 we've seen so far). There are however a few things that I don't like in this concept, which are all related to the final stage. It went a bit too far over there imo. First off, I don't like the idea that her passive and ultimate turn her into a phoenix. I also don't like that her hair goes on fire in this stage, which would make her resemble a lot like Sol. And I don't like her second ability, which when it's activated "her crossbow is now completely made of fire and resembles a phoenix", in my opinion, it would suit mages more than it would suit hunters. Everything else seems great, that stage 2 artwork is well done and makes me wish we'd be able to see the other stages, especially the stage 3 and the final stage (just without the hair being on fire...).