Thread: God leaderboards mess since 4.10

New Member Cupidhead M4verick83's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 438
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

God leaderboards mess since 4.10

Since the beginning of the split and even before, the community noticed that some players were doing irregular practices to boost themselves into some specific gods leaderboards. Those facts were sent to Hi-Rez staff asking for a solution.

Three weeks ago, PonPon wrote a reddit post where asked players for help to find those players that were "win trading" or "intentional dropping" to boost themselves or friends on the leaderboards, reporting them via support ticket. Here is the link to that post:

https://no-cc.reddit.com/r/Smite/com...intentionally/

Since then, no more info has been released, it’s understandable because the internal process is not instantaneous and requires time, but the fact is those players are still on the leaderboards.

Exposed that, here is the real problem:

Before patch 4.10, at least in duel, the gods ranked leaderboards had more or less sense, in the best case 3-4 diamond players per god, but in general the platinum and gold proficiencies filled those boards. The records were arguable, but at least made some sense.

Since patch 4.10 the leaderboards are a complete mess, not only duel ones, conquest and joust are affected too. In 1 week appeared more diamond proficiency players than on the rest of the split, with records that are ridiculous. i.e: Several players with 8-2 records entered into the leaderboards as a diamond Top 5 with that god, being silver and gold players, when a Grandmaster player with a record of 41-7 isn't even on the Top 100. It makes no sense.

Why is this happening? It's a bug? It's an attempt to clear the "cheaters" from the board? Because if that was the intention, the results are atrocious, demoting all the players that had been playing and trying to grind their leaderboards during all the split. Can anyone with real information explain what is happening?

New Member Cupidhead SirLanQuao's Avatar
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 349
    I agree with you. I was really angry after having lost my top 1 medusa because people on low tiers were able to get more win %.

Maybe the ELO could fit an equation together with the win% to make the top better

New Member Cupidhead M4verick83's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 438
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    In my opinion, they should take in consideration at least % rate, division and matches played. For me is a much better record a 20-4 than a 9-1.

Someone screwed up the leaderboards during last patch, that's a fact, but what really annoy me is the lack of information and awareness of that fact, or at least is what looks like. At this moment the diamond Anubis’ duel players are 37, and growing, from 3 that were pre patch, and AMC’s are 44 from 1 pre patch. A joke.

I'll still waiting for an answer; I hope someone could shed light on this matter.