Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Cu Chualinn Is Here.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points

Cu Chualinn Is Here.

Well.... almost here. For those who watched the patch 4.11 show, they introduce Cu Chualinn, the Celtic Beserker Warrior class. He's hulk out mode looks fun. What does everyone else think of our new incoming god?
    Last edited by ArsenalIV; 06-14-2017 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Oops
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods
    Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Discordia - Artio - Ymir - Cernunnos - Ganesha - Sun Wukong
    Hachiman

Sacrificing Ajax to fuel the arrival of Jormungandr.
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Considering the Celtic pantheon is my favourite along with the Egyptians I welcome Cu Chulainn with open arms. That being said, now I shall patiently wait for a certain lovely bear lady in 5 weeks time.
    Gimme more of them Norse, Celtic, Slavic and Arthurian gods and we'll be gucci bro.

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,095
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    He is very unique. - HiRezAjax.

If we exclude him having 2 stances and he is pretty much "manaless" god, we have Hercules 1 without stun, Skadi 1, Mystical Mail, a jump like any other jump, Sun Wukong 2 ability (as his ult) when he had knockup instead of slow and bacchus ult with lower damage.

U
    N
    I
    Q
    U
    E.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    I missed pretty much almost everything about the patch notes, but I saw a fair bit of Cuchulain. I would actually have to play him in order to get a feeling for him, but as far as I can tell right now, here is some brainstorming:

1. That bloke looks stupid. I like his base form, but the animations look eh while the berserker just looks plain terrible. I also dislike that they went into a Hulk Direction with his design even though I can understand why for the most part.

2. His kit is way too slow and, at times, unpredictable. His base kit is bland and has nothing going for it while meeting the conditions for reaching the berserker stance are way too conditional. Getting to the point where he has enough mana + having to actually wait for 3 seconds to actually get to berserk mode is a lot of work to make that possible. It may not be as terrible in actual gameplay, but concept wise, judging by what I have seen during the patch notes, there is no point in picking him over other warriors who offer the same or similiar benefits with much less risk and prep time.

3. Some of his abilities get worse?
    This one actually confused me quite a bit.

A jump is superior to a dash when it comes to movement, yet his 3 basicly downgrades in that regard.
    A knock-up, at least to me, is superior to having the enemy run around uncontrollable.

The design choices for those two abilities in that regard are rather strange.

4. Rehashed content.
    The passive and resource system being put aside, his kit is almost exclusively rehashed content.

Base kit:
    1. Any line target ability without any extras.
    2. A damaging aura? Mystical Mail exist, but I feel like we had a god at some point who used to have something similiar. Maybe I am just mixing it up with Dragon Age though, so don't mind me here,
    3. A jump that deals damage. Targeter looks fancy but thats about it.
    4. Old Sun Wukong 2, but bigger and better.

Berserk Kit
    1. A line targeter that roots.
    2. Still Damaging Aura?
    3. Hercules 1.
    4. Bacchus Ultimate.

5. Item Builds?
    So if you do want to play him, CDR and ATK Speed apparently will be super important because you need to be able to spam those abilities in order to make proper use out of your passive because without it, you basicly run on an empty kit, Ultimate aside.

6. Allies and himself taking damage?
    This may be the point that makes or breaks his kit. They did say that he gets rage whenever he or his allies get damage. Of course, I haven't seen anything during patchnotes to give me an idea how significant said rage gain is and/or if allied getting damaged does affect this. The answer to this question are crucial.

Forgot that his 1 can "stun" minions. Big whoop.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    So as usual, there are no detailed numbers in the Patch Notes Form because thanks, HiRez.

Passive – Berserk

Cu Chulainn’s Mana Bar functions differently than other gods. His Mana is capped at 100 and only regenerates up to 25 Mana. Hitting Abilities, Basic Attacks, or allies and himself taking damage cause Cu Chulainn to gain Mana. After being above 85 Mana for 3 seconds, he goes Berserk. While Berserk, Cu Chulainn gains Power and Maximum Health and his Abilities change.

barbed-spear-1Barbed Spear / Ground Slam

Cu Chulainn thrusts his spear forward, damaging all enemies in front of him and stunning less powerful minions. Successfully hitting an enemy with this ability restores 6 Mana(to a max of 18). Barbs from his spear stick in opponents and reduce their Healing taken for 4s. In his Berserk Form, Cu Chulainn instead slams his massive arms down, damaging and rooting all Enemies in front of him

vent-anger-1Vent Anger

Cu Chulainn vents his anger as superheated steam, increasing his Movement Speed and draining his Ferocity. Every .5s while in this state, all enemies within range are damaged by the heat.

salmons-leam-1Salmon’s Leap / Furious Charge

Cu Chulainn vaults over his spear, leaping to a target location and slamming it down to damage enemies around and in front of him. Successfully hitting an enemy with this Ability restores 6 Ferocity (to a max of 18). In his Berserk Form, Cu Chulainn instead charges forward, damaging and driving all enemies back with him.

spear-of-mortal-pain-1Spear of Mortal Pain / War Cry

Cu Chulainn swings his spear in a circle around him, Damaging and knocking up all enemies. Successfully hitting an enemy with this Ability restores 12 Ferocity (to a max of 36).

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 2,052
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    PTS is within the hour (Source), so that's neat.

Achievements:
    Looking at the stream, berserk seems to give him 45 power and 10% Movement Speed at level 20.

Achievements:
    Passive
    Transforms at 85 Rage
    Duration 20 Seconds
    Health Conversion 10% of mana
    Bonus health 40 + 23*Level
    Bonus Power 5 + 2*Level

9 Rage
    75-315 per from rank 1-6 (60 base damage more per rank
    45% Scaling
    Healing Reduction 40%
    Minion Stun 2 Seconds
    Berserk Root 1 second

Generates 6 rage per enemy hit, up to 18

Cooldown 16-12 seconds, scaling down

10-30 damage (5 per rank)
    5% scaling
    10% MS

Cooldown 6 seconds

automaticly activates while Cuchulain is berserk

9 Rage
    65-285 Damage (55 per rank)
    60% scaling
    Generates 6-18 rage

16 Second Cooldown

15 Rage
    Normal Stance Damage 175 - 475 (75 per rank) (65% Scaling)
    Hulk Stance Damage 100 - 360 (65 per rank) (50% scaling)

Lists a 30% slow?
    Tremble Duration 1 Second

Generates 12 rage (up to 36)

Cooldown 90 seconds

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    They could have done a lot more with his kit. I personally believe his ult should have been a toggle, wherein he goes berserk, but drains mana every second; and his passive is instead just how his mana works. That way, he has control over when he goes berserk, which would remedy Rodin's problem with how his kit kinda downgrades when he transforms. I'm expecting him to be really tedious to play because of that lack of control.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    His name is too hard to pronounce so il call him cc
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*