Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T5 Skin Ullr "Nordic Hero's Journey to Godhood" resubmission (W/ artwork)

Junior Member Cupidhead Axthrax's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 246
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Lightbulb T5 Skin Ullr "Nordic Hero's Journey to Godhood" resubmission (W/ artwork)

Ullr's Journey from Nordic warrior to Lord of the Aesir

Thank you for reading, please leave feedback!

Information on Ullr and his importance in Norse Mythology
    Ullr's lore in the mythology has mostly been lost, but what we've gathered from the different Edda's and uncovered shrines we have uncovered a tale of how Ullr took up the position of leadership, replacing Odin during his banishment after having been convicted of a horrendous crime

Rape
    Ullr was also one of the gods to whom's rings you would use to swore an oath evidence which can be found in the old Norse poem the Atlakviða which features a scene involving the swearing of oaths wherein the last and most solemn oath is sworn on the ring of Ullr. this is further believed with evidence such as rings found buried with shrines meant for Ullr.

As he was an important figure in Norse Mythology, and I feel that giving him an Odyssey skin which shows different stages of his 'life' with added fluff would help in cementing his importance as one of the noblest gods in Norse mythology.

Odyssey skin concept

Triggering the transformation event for Ullr's skin:
    • Ullr's skin transformation triggers upon kills, increasing in status as a Norse warrior and Einherjar as he grows stronger
    • Ullr's skin triggers upon leveling his ultimate, although seeing as his ultimate tends to not always be favorable to max out as a priority, this seems inappropriate for the Odyssey skin
    • Ullr's skin triggers based on time spend in game, say every 5 minute a new ascension triggers
    • As state above, Ullr's skin triggers based on time spend in game, although the ascension may only happen after returning to base where he recieves a blessing from Odin

Ullr's Odyssey skin will show the life of a Nordic hero ascended amongst the ranks of Odin's trusted Einherjar and eventual godhood

(Artwork created by Wetsalad21/DominionArts On DeviantArt)
    http://dominionarts.deviantart.com/a...cept-686323130

His first form will start off as a Nordic inspired soldier, holding possibly two axes or two ulfberht swords and a bow somewhat akin to that of the default Ullr, although wearing a traditionally Nordic styled helmet, a chain brynje (Hauberk) with a sleeveless cloth with assorted vikingr runes

Second form will be that of a fallen hero. A soldier fallen on the battlefield, taken across the rainbow bridge, Bifrost leading to Valhallah by the Valkyries of Freyja, he has gained the favor of Odin and has been granted entrance into his gilded halls. Befitting any Einherjar he is given the finest Lamellar armor ingraved with runes, his helm fitted with raven wings, new, better rune ingraved axes fitting of a hero of old and a bow with each end of the bow fashioned from wood into the likeness of the heads of dragons holding the string between their clenched jaws

His third form. Ascended from the rank of Odin's chosen Einherjar to Godhood Ullr's armor becomes akin to that of Odin in a sense. Strong steel replaces most of the leather of his armor and fur is ornamented on his armor befitting that of a respected God. The wings on his helmet is replaced with a set of white wings, signifying he is no longer just one of Odin's personal soldiers, but his own free entity. He is given a cloak of cloth with a thick leather strip down the middle starting from the back of his neck midway down the cloak, ontop of that leathery garb is engraved his own name in old nordic glyphs "Ullr" His bow and Axe futher improved with added aesthetics.

Fourth, Final form.
    Replacing Odin and taken up the mantle as leader of the Aesir, Ullr's shoulders are fitted with the same shoulders akin to that of Odin with ornaments protruding from his shoulders, his cloak hanging from underneath the plates shoulders draped over his back, animal fur adorning his armor, his helm swapped with a crown befitting the Chief of the Aesir. his axes adorned with metal fashioned into the likeness of wolves and runes adorning the blade, every single cut leaving behind a trail of light from the glowing runes. The draconic figureheads of his bow widely open, arrows fired from the bow set ablaze in an orange hue of flame.

Abilities used in the different forms:

First Form:
    Most abilities in his first form will look similar to that of the default ullr, but with slight color change to some abilities
    • Bladed Arrow: in this form will show an Arrow being fired, only slight visual change from default Ullr such as a hint of orange in it's coloration
    • Thrown axe: Just like Bladed Arrow, this will look like the default ability, but with a slight blue tint
    • Expose Weakness: Will give Ullr's bow a reddish tint and his arrows will be lit on fire
    • Invigorate: Ullr's Axes begin to glow Blue and a frosty aura will cover the blades
    • Hail of Arrows: An arrow lit on fire will splash onto the targeted area
    • Glory Bound: Ullr will leap into the air and land on the targeted area, dust blowing away as he makes contact more or less alike the default Ullr

Second Form.
    In his second form, abilities will start taking on more fantastical in nature appearances
    • Bladed Arrow: is now an arrow enveloped in a small ball of fire as it travels through the air
    • Thrown axe: more blue in coloration, whenever used a wolf's growl is replacing Ullr's usual grunt/roar
    • Expose Weakness: alike in the last form his bow starts to glow in a reddish-orange hue of flame, runes brandished down the bow begins to glow
    • Invigorate: lets out a howl, weapons beginning to give off a blue glow, the howl of a wolf can be heard.
    • Hail of Arrows: Barbed arrow engulfed in flame splashes onto the targeted location, this time creating a small column of flame in the targeted area
    • Glory Bound: Ullr jumps into the air onto a targeted area, landing, creating a shockwave of blue coloration

Third Form.
    having proven himself more than just a mortal hero he has been given a place amongst the Aesir as an equal
    • Bladed Arrow: His bow begins to glow, the draconic figureheads begins to emit fire through clenched teeth and the fireball engulfing the arrow has grown in size and tail length
    • Thrown axe: As Ullr throws his axe the axe itself is enveloped by a transparent visage of a blue tinted wolf
    • Invigorate: Runes glow brightly upon his bow, the arrows fired will be engulfed in a larger ball of fire compared to previous forms. his quiver begins to glow with runes as well as his bow.
    • Hail of Arrows: Like previous forms a fiery arrow strikes the targeted location followed by a column of fire, this time larger and more distinct.
    • Glory Bound: As Ullr jumps into the air, letting out a war-cry an icy chill of the northern winds envelops him, as he lands the winds blows from impact, damaging anyone in it's path.

Final Form:
    Ullr is now the lord of the Aesir, he has taken over the position of leader of the Aesir, taken the mantle of the allfather.
    • Bladed Arrow: The open maws of the draconic figureheads on his bow breathes fire along with a deep roar, a ball of fire without an arrow to guide it tears through the air and anyone in it's path
    • Thrown axe: as Ullr throws his axe, the axe itself transforms into the visage of a blue wolf, howling as it searches for prey to bite into and hold in place for it's master
    • Expose Weakness: runes on Ullr's quiver glows as every arrow is enveloped in fiery fury, the draconic figureheads leaving trails of fire from their open maws. Every arrow guided along with draconic fire.
    • Invigorate: Ullr releases a deep roar, his axes guided by the fury of the icy tundras, tearing through anything they find, every cleave leaving behind an icy trail.
    • Hail of Arrows: Draconic visage is shot from his arrow and lands on a targeted area, creating a fiery blitz-inferno on the targeted area
    • Glory Bound: As Ullr jumps, his body is once again enveloped in the icy chill of the northern tundras and followed by howls of wolves. Landing with a powerful battle-roar.

Last edited by Axthrax; 06-14-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Achievements:
    Hope people enjoy this Odyssey skin concept, Both the art and concept differ in some ways, but both are part of the core idea of the Odyssey skin.
    Last edited by Axthrax; 06-14-2017 at 11:36 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead WetSalad21's Avatar
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points
    Looks like this could turn out well glad to have been of service and P.S I've messaged you on how to get the image to work

Achievements:
    Giving concept a bump, please leave some feedback, critique or whatever thoughts you might have.

New Member Cupidhead SadPanda5192's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I really hope you get this skin to win best skin ive seen so far!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SadPanda5192 View Post
    I really hope you get this skin to win best skin ive seen so far!
    Damn dude, thanks! Was starting to worry nobody liked my skin idea. the comment is appreciated

Achievements:
    If you have any ideas to add to the concept please do tell, I'm taking thoughts into consideration, especially suggestions that would help make the concept a bit flashier when it comes to evolutionary stages!

Junior Member Cupidhead Getsuga7ensh0u's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Achievements:
    Its a worthy skin for a nearly forgotten god. In the text you still use axes which fit better with his Axe Throw, but I see Wetsalad made them into swords (probably due to time constraints). Maybe if you could find someone to add axes over the existing swords it'll boost the feel of your visual

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead WetSalad21's Avatar
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Getsuga7ensh0u View Post
    Its a worthy skin for a nearly forgotten god. In the text you still use axes which fit better with his Axe Throw, but I see Wetsalad made them into swords (probably due to time constraints). Maybe if you could find someone to add axes over the existing swords it'll boost the feel of your visual
    Actually i made them swords because Andy Timm smites concept designer almost put swords on the assassins creed skin but couldnt due to budget restrictions i figured since its a T5 the budget would be bigger so id do something different from all the axe skins.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Getsuga7ensh0u View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WetSalad21 View Post
    Actually i made them swords because Andy Timm smites concept designer almost put swords on the assassins creed skin but couldnt due to budget restrictions i figured since its a T5 the budget would be bigger so id do something different from all the axe skins.
    I didn't ask Wetsalad to change it because A: It was free. and B: I liked the second opinion, a second look at the character. If you look at the concept art and the concept idea not everything is the same, the bow differs as well and so does the armor in some aspects, such as the feathered helmet being actual bird feathers in the concept idea on the 2nd and 3rd skin whereas they'd be gold on the last, there are many minor changes, but I appreciate all of them since it gives me insight on what people would want from a skin like this.
    Thank you for your opinion though, If anyone would like to I'm sure Wetsalad wouldn't mind if someone made an alternate version of his concept art but with axes and the draconic figurehead bows as long as they credit his base : ) I certainly wouldn't mind if someone wished to give their thoughts, ideas and especially concept arts. I will most likely add all sort of concept art that I might get from people interested.