Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What Do You Think of These gods?

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I really would love the Dragon King/God (Chinese Pantheon) in SMITE.

The only problem is that we already have Ao Guang who is one of his forms in SMITE. So it would confuse alot of people because the Dragon King/God basically also is all of the Dragon Kings of the four seas. So if Hi-Rez puts the other 3 Kings in the game there would be a huge balance problem for the Dragon God because he could use all the abilitys the other four have.

So my wish god most likely will never come. And they already ruined Fafnir for me because they made him a Wyvern but in lore he is a Lindworm....and thats a big difference.
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    1. Shiva
    and what his avatar you mean? Shiva have a lot of different forms. actually we got him allready, because Kali is one of his avatars

if you mean Shiva himself, then no, we never get him in Smite, because of same reasons why we won't get Jesus - he is allmighty, same as Brahma and Vishnu.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Every god is allmighty in the eyes of his worshippers. But their facts would say otherwise. Chronos is not... hmmm a bit allmighty ? He is the time itself.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 816
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I'll stick to the gods proposed here and furthermore to the Norse ones as I don't have the knowledge to comment on the others.

1. Baldr - The Norse god of justice. Basically very few gods in Norse mythology has only one "area of expertise" so to speak, Balder is one of them though, being exclusively associated with justice. The problem here is that Tyr (who is also a war god) already has that title in Smite. And while other Norse gods has been changed, limited or downright given wrong titles to better shoehorn them into the game, Baldr is one of those gods that should either be done right or left alone altogether. Lore wise there is some hurdles aswell, first off Balder is dead. This can be worked around though, so its only a minor problem. The real problem is that Baldr can't be harmed by anything save mistletoe (which killed him in the first place). Baldr should be left unused in my opinion, there are plenty of Norse gods up for grabs that doesn't cause as many problems within the lore.

2. Freyr - The norse god of fertility (and brother of Freya). Not really any problems here lore wise. It is going to be hard to come up with some good mechanics to make him interesting though.

3. Jormungandr - The world serpent (brother of Fenrir and Hel). Most likely amongst the top 3 most wanted additions to the Norse pantheon (my own top pick I even made a concept for him). Besides his size there is no real problems for an inclusion into the game lore wise and we already have gods that are way bigger.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Jormungandr
    Huang Di
    Xi Wangmu

approved to be in smite by my humble self..!

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Playfunplax View Post
    Jormungandr
    Huang Di
    Xi Wangmu

approved to be in smite by my humble self..!
    I forgot to add Fuxi. Though, Fuxi would be hard to implement since he's mostly a peaceful god. But then, Hi-Rez can always do something creative with him. A male with snake legs would be something new.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Armaroz View Post
    I'll stick to the gods proposed here and furthermore to the Norse ones as I don't have the knowledge to comment on the others.

1. Baldr - The Norse god of justice. Basically very few gods in Norse mythology has only one "area of expertise" so to speak, Balder is one of them though, being exclusively associated with justice. The problem here is that Tyr (who is also a war god) already has that title in Smite. And while other Norse gods has been changed, limited or downright given wrong titles to better shoehorn them into the game, Baldr is one of those gods that should either be done right or left alone altogether. Lore wise there is some hurdles aswell, first off Balder is dead. This can be worked around though, so its only a minor problem. The real problem is that Baldr can't be harmed by anything save mistletoe (which killed him in the first place). Baldr should be left unused in my opinion, there are plenty of Norse gods up for grabs that doesn't cause as many problems within the lore.

2. Freyr - The norse god of fertility (and brother of Freya). Not really any problems here lore wise. It is going to be hard to come up with some good mechanics to make him interesting though.

3. Jormungandr - The world serpent (brother of Fenrir and Hel). Most likely amongst the top 3 most wanted additions to the Norse pantheon (my own top pick I even made a concept for him). Besides his size there is no real problems for an inclusion into the game lore wise and we already have gods that are way bigger.
    Didn't Baldr resurrect at Ragnarok? He can make some really good tanky kit.
    Freyr is my top pick for most wanted god in the Norse pantheon though.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    I think the reason they are not adding Hera or Demeter is because they are peaceful women, I mean apart when they are throwing tantrums (and destroyed half of the world with famine, madness and all), but yeah. Athena fights because she is the Goddess of War, she is supposed to fight.. Aphrodite goes to war for purpose of accompanying his boyfriend, Ares. Artemis fights for the purpose of hunting.

As for Horus, idk what Hirez is thinking by not adding him XD and Set is pretty much dead if i recall.. idk not a huge fan of egyptian myth

Baldr, Frey, and Jormugandr.. Just finished reading Magnus Chase, and i don't see a reason why not hirez add these 3

Baldr has a great potential to be a warrior, Frey can be a pretty neat guardian as he is a god of youth and summertime as well, also vitality..
    Last edited by Sissyum; 06-14-2017 at 02:12 AM.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Vesta or her Greek counterpart would be cool. Vesta is thr goddess of hearth, home, and family. Easy guardian pick

Ōkuninushi is the Japanese god of farming, building and medicine. A male mage/guardian healer/team buffer.

Ix Chel (Ixchel) Mayan goddess of the moon and Earth, patroness of weavers and pregnant women. Mage again, probably.

Ankou, the Celtic personification of death. He's also known to be the grave keeper. Protecting and collecting the souls of the dead on his land. At the end of every year, the last soul collected becomes the new Ankou. Awesome concept. He could be any class of god.