Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think of These gods?

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points

What Do You Think of These gods?

This thread is for mythology enthusiasts. What do you think of these gods that are not in the game (yet or ever? Hopefully, yet).
    Do you want them added? Not? Are you neutral? Why??
    Pick one of them, a few of them, all of them, in general. State your thoughts.

Greek/Roman
    1. Hera/Juno
    2. Demeter/Ceres

Egyptian
    1. Set
    2. Horus

Norse
    1. Baldr
    2. Freyr
    3. Jormungandr

Chinese
    1. Huang Di
    2. Jade Emperor
    3. Xi Wangmu

Japanese
    1. Izanagi
    2. Tsukuyomi
    3. Fujin

Hindu
    1. Shiva
    2. Indra

Mayan
    1. Hunahpu

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Maeve, Celtic Goddess of the Earth, fertility and war. (Celtics have a lot of war gods)
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods
    Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Discordia - Artio - Ymir - Cernunnos - Ganesha - Sun Wukong
    Hachiman

Sacrificing Ajax to fuel the arrival of Jormungandr.
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Jormungandr is my number 1 wanted character in Smite and I hope he just doesn't suffer the same fate as both Apophis and the Lernaean and become a boss.
    Gimme more of them Norse, Celtic, Slavic and Arthurian gods and we'll be gucci bro.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    This is a really narrow list that doesn't even include all of the pantheons in the game. It would be better to ask what people want instead of asking them to pick from a select list because this would more accurately gauge what they want.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Any gods viable but its often star power vs potential kit - likes of Juno, Fu Xi and Set big names but would they be interesting. Still id say same about Ganesha and he came out good.

I prefer Celtic gods and thus want to see Dagda, Medb and Balor. Otherwise id like to pad out pantheons most where needed like a 2nd Mayan warrior and guardian (Buluk Chabtan and Ek Chua) etc

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Ehh... More gods is all I'm concerned about.

Provided they have good kits. Or rather, let me re-phrase that; provided they have interesting kits.

I don't want to see any more Cernunnononnons'es who's kit is relatively simple (Honestly, his 1 is his only interesting ability. But at the same time it's sort of like just an extension of Ama's 1 mechanically)

More gods like The Morrigan would be cool. Break the game (Literally... The amount of bugs she had...) to put in interesting kits to shake up the different roles.

That is my priority for what I want from Smite. I mean, yes, I do like the lore of all the pantheons, but at the end of the day, its a game I want to have fun playing rather than a deviantart page for Hi-Rez's artists interpretations of notable figures from said pantheons.

There's plenty of interesting deities and noteworthy characters from all the pantheons which are fair game (Though, there are some issues regarding the Hindu pantheon, due to it still being an active religion), it all comes down to can they think of a kit that fits the character and plays well.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead RandoriKitty's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 508
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I've always thought that Juno/Hera should be present in the game, and should have been early on, especially just because she's Zeus' wife and she's top lady. I was a little disappointed that Cern got a polymorph AOE ultimate, because I always thought something like that on Hera would have been amazing, just turn everyone into cows instead. I'd like to see her be a mage, though. Demeter would be another neat one, but she's the goddess of the harvest, I guess she could throw loaves of bread at people and that could be fun. Personally, over Demeter, I think Persephone would be a cooler choice. Could do a spring/underworld mage with her, using moves like wilted flowers or something. Something that deals with life and death (but different than Hel). Idk this is just me farting in the wind with ideas though, I've never sat down and concretely put together a nice god suggestion.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by RandoriKitty View Post
    Personally, over Demeter, I think Persephone would be a cooler choice. Could do a spring/underworld mage with her, using moves like wilted flowers or something. Something that deals with life and death (but different than Hel).
    Totally agree with you, I'd love to have Persephone in the game, not only was she really important lorewise, she can also bring very interesting ideas gamewise. If not I'd be happy to have Demeter as a guardian, even though she is a little more limited as far as ideas go compared to her daughter.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,151
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    The Jade Emperor is one of those Chinese gods where people go "hey, I'm not familiar with Chinese mythology, but I've heard of this name" for a large part. Thus he gets mentioned a lot, but no one ever tells why... well, most.

He's usually like some sort of distant and detached omnipresence in the stories of others, such as Chang'e, Erlang Shen, etc. I don't find the Jade Emperor particularly exciting in itself, thematically or narratively. There's other characters who are interesting to a greater degree.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    For a while Set was one of the bigger ones everyone wanted.