Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Glorious History Ullr

Junior Member Cupidhead Devintage's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Hunter Evolution Ullr (Previously Known As Glorious History Ullr)

Alright, so, the concept for this skin is that his equipment progresses with the technological advancements of Earth. Due to the timely nature of the skin, the transformations occur every 5 minutes the game goes on (thank you Galeigh for this suggestion). In other words:
    Stage 1: Start -> 5 minutes
    Stage 2: 5 minutes -> 10 minutes
    Stage 3: 10 minutes -> 15 minutes
    Stage 4: 15 minutes -> End of game
    The skin progresses every 5 minutes so that there is enough time for it to advance on shorter length gamemodes.

I'm in need for suggestions on how to give flair to his abilities. I don't know where to begin with his 2, so some assistance would be nice, thanks.

Stage 1
    At first, Ullr is just a caveman, wearing the classic cheetah spotted hide. His "bow" is actually a sling, and his axes have bone handles and crude, cracked, stone axe-heads; notably, the axes also have a coil of rope at the bottom. For the skill-shot guides (not sure what to call them - the arrow and the circle for the 1 and 3), they have a bone pattern, with a blue or red tinted background depending on ranged or melee stance respectively.
    Ability 1
    Ranged Stance: When the attack is executed, Ullr shoots 2 glowing rocks at once with his sling.
    Melee Stance: When the attack is executed, he throws the axe, and then to retrieve it, he pulls on the rope at which is tied to the bottom of the axe handle.
    Ability 2
    Ranged Stance:
    Melee Stance:
    Ability 3
    Ranged Stance: He holds his sling in front of him as a small meteorite crashes down on the location.
    Melee Stance: He "throws" his arms backwards leaping into the air. Small rocks fly up when he lands.

Stage 2
    Then, he becomes a medieval archer, wearing Norse hauberk chain-mail and helmet. He also wears a short cape, just for style. Fitting with the theme, he uses a longbow (and using some creative license, perhaps a crossbow instead) and uses tomahawk axes. This is the stage closest to the current Ullr. Similar to stage 1, his skill-shot markers have changed. This time, the marker is the Norse pantheon symbol for the snipe, or scattered triangles for the first abiltiy, in blue if in ranged stance, or red if in melee stance. I'm using that symbol because this stage represents a Norse archer.
    Ability 1
    Ranged Stance: Similar to the base Ullr 1, but he knocks 3 arrows into the bow and fires them all at once.
    Melee Stance: Also similar to the base Ullr 1, he throws the glowing tomahawk, and on its return,
    his hand glows red (as if were magic), which pulls the axe back.
    Ability 2
    Ranged Stance:
    Melee Stance:
    Ability 3
    Ranged Stance: Like the first ability, and like the base Ullr, he knocks 3 arrows, and fires straight upwards.
    Melee Stance: Like stage 1, it's just a straight up leap. His cape flaps nicely on the drop. Larger rocks shoot up upon landing, and a temporary crack is left.

Stage 3
    Afterwards, he's an infantry unit. He wears a beige-green trench-coat such as the ones used in WW2 (or WW1), and wields a bolt-action rifle, and trench-raiding clubs. He also wears a steampunk jetpack similar to this one I found on reddit:
    Ability 1
    Ranged Stance: He flips his rifle around, and a flap on the stock of the rifle opens and fires an electro-magically charged bullet, which emits shockwaves as it advances.
    Melee Stance: He pulls a stun grenade from beneath his trench coat, and throws it, detonating on impact.
    Ability 2
    Ranged Stance:
    Melee Stance:
    Ability 3
    Ranged Stance: A landmine pops out of the ground, which Ullr detonates with a remote control.Melee Stance: His jetpack quickly propels him upwards, only for the it to spit smoke, and fail.
    When he lands, the ground is covered in soot.

Stage 4
    This one is set in the future. He uses a power-suit with rocket launchers on the suit's shoulders. In place of his bow, he wields a power rifle, and a pair of high-tech stun batons. He also has a jump pack on his back.
    Ability 1
    Ranged Stance: Both rocket launchers on his suit fire, with the rockets spiraling around each-other, and leaving a trail of blue energy behind them.
    Melee Stance: He smashes his batons together, causing their tips to charge - holding them parallel at his target, a ball of electricity is sent out to stun the target.
    Ability 2
    Ranged Stance:
    Melee Stance:
    Ability 3
    Ranged Stance: He sticks out his arm, as a massive laser from the sky (orbital strike) strikes the ground.
    Melee Stance: A blast from his jump pack propels him upwards, and upon reaching the peak of his height, a shockwave sends him smashing back down, leaving an area with traces of electricity.

Insert image doesn't seem to be working well, so here are the "rough pre-sketches": http://imgur.com/a/bxZDG
    We also have GJagerMaxCore's sister's drawings: http://imgur.com/a/HpYl3
    Once again, thank you to Galeigh for providing these drawings

1) The use of a light-saber sword/axe for his stage 4
    2) A hand cannon used for the stun, whilst wielding only a melee weapon in one hand for stage 4
    3) A built-in hand cannon instead of his bow for stage 4

Leave feedback please, but make sure to read previous comments.
    Last edited by Devintage; 06-09-2017 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Clarification & Name Change

Junior Member Cupidhead EparMaster's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Full Profile!
    This is an amazing idea. It has a lot of potential

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    damn you beat me. i had the same idea only skipping cave man and making last stage smth like from a movie predator because he is the ultimate hunter . also more fitting skin name would be hunter evolution, because of his lore

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizary View Post
    also more fitting skin name would be hunter evolution, because of his lore
    Sorry about that xD. About the name, I agree, I just had to think of something fast :P

New Member Cupidhead FlapjackRogue's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Oh wow this is just like the skadi idea I just submitted

Junior Member Cupidhead EparMaster's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Definitely my favorite after reading all of the other ideas. Plus I think Ullr deserves a t5 out of the hunters at hand.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by EparMaster View Post
    Definitely my favorite after reading all of the other ideas. Plus I think Ullr deserves a t5 out of the hunters at hand.
    Thank you.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    This needs to be a thing.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    This is almost exactly the same idea I had, lol. It definitely needs to be thing!

I'd recommend that instead of a light saber-esk thing for the final form it'd be a super advanced stun baton kinda thing. Reason: You can do a lot with em for this melee stance- They could act as a "battery" for his move speed boost and jump or shoot out a bolt of electricity for the stun throw.
    Last edited by Galeigh; 06-02-2017 at 04:05 PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead Mircea2002's Avatar
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Awesome concept!
    Ullr is the best character ever. Kappa.

"Sometimes you need to sacrifice in order to achieve greater things in life...."

My God & Skin Concepts
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?142176-Deimos-God-of-Terror

http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?143873-Loki-The-Prankster-Skin

http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?142217-Ghillie-Sniper-Ullr-Skin&p=744850#post744850
    Add me on PS4! PSN : Mircea2002