Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Medusa T5 Skin Concept

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points

Medusa T5 Skin Concept - Cursed.

Level (1-4): Medusa, Is not yet cursed by Athena. She is young, beautiful. She has Golden hair and is a maiden who is a priestess of Athena. Her Bow, being made of gold as she is a priestess to Athena. Her 1st ability would fire a line of gold, her 2nd ability would spout out golden 'venom'. Her 3rd ability would be more of a dash than a 'slither' as she is yet to be wooed by Poseidon and be cursed.

Level (5-9): Medusa has married the God Poseidon and Athena is enraged. She strips Medusa down of all the things she had access to as Priestess. She is forced to wear rags, uses minimal weaponry and is withered of all her strength and beauty. She uses a standard Greek bow. Her abilities are no longer grand and golden, they are reduced to look bland and not 'god' like. Medusa is distraught and looks weak.

Level (10-14): Medusa's transformation from Athena's curse has begun. Her once beautiful strands of hair were each morphed into a snake. Her once gentle, love-inspiring eyes has turned into blood-shot, furious orbs, which excited fear and disgust in the mind of the onlooker; whilst her former roseate hue and milk-white skin assumed a loathsome greenish tinge.
    Seeing herself transformed into such a repulsive creature, Medusa fled. Wandering about, abhorred, dreaded, and shunned by the rest of the world, she turned into a character worthy of her outer appearance. This leads into her appearance becoming even more minimal than Levels 4-9. She becomes more animal like and looks more like an outsider, people would be disgusted to look at her. Her abilities would develop into more of the standard Medusa's. With enhancements to set the T5 apart from the default god (of course).

Level (15-19): Medusa is no longer human. With the curse of Athena upon her, she turned into stone whomever she gazed upon, till at last, after a life of nameless misery, deliverance came to her in the shape of death, at the hands of Perseus. Medusa is a godess. She wears golden jewellery and artefacts to enhance her presence. She is a Queen, and wears her snakes now with pride. She is not to be reckoned with. I would expect her player model to be larger than default - as this is the case with all T5 Skins. Her green scales have developed. Her scales are like shields. Her claws are much larger and are stronger than steel. She is not fragile. In any way and her scales have become lined with stone, showing her powers. Her abilities are developed, Her Bow could be made of Snakes - I understand it may look ridiculous, but I mean a snake model. Not a live one. Her 1 is a large projectile. Spewing fire out of her bow when it is pulled. Her snakes are fired out, lashing and biting what it touches. Her 2 is pure blood. It is grim and dark, showing her transformation from the 1st stage of the skin. Her 3 is a terrifying chase, the sound is piercing to hear and invokes fear into whoever hears it - like Thanatos' ultimate pounce. You know death is coming once you hear it. Her ultimate is grand, she screams a terrifying sound. Releasing off her mask and obliviating anything that is facing her. The stone is imbued with blood. To show her rage and anger, the true power and savagery of her is reflected in her final form.

With this concept I have tried to follow Medusa's lore, I chose this because it is not only interesting. But it develops the character and shows her story. It shows how her beauty is cursed and she becomes a terrifying monster that invokes fear to everyone. I believe this T5 concept would be outstanding as the Hi Rez team can develop my idea further, they would think of different ways to portray this and I believe the job they would do would be amazing and outstanding.
    Thank You! -Elliott
    Last edited by XIIVIUXXX; 06-03-2017 at 06:14 AM.

New Member Cupidhead DrHeinzSteins's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382
    I had exactly the same idea! I love this concept so much because it is related to her lore and it would be really amazing to have a skin for Medusa that kind of change her model. I still think that we need to improve our concept because in the end the skin doesn't change that much from Medusa's original model.

My idea for her T5 is:

From level 1-4: She would be a beautiful priestess. Golden and long hair, full lips, blue eyes, greek clothes (long, simple, white and with some blue and golden details) and lots of acessories (like golden earrings, bracelets, necklaces and a belt with the greek triskelion symbol, etc...) ... Her bow could be made of jewels. She is nice, caring and sweet.

From level 5-9: She is now cursed. Maybe she could yell something like "Athena, I will get my revenge!" while transforming. Her clothes are now ragged, torn and dirty but she's still wearing her white dress. She is wearing a mask on her face (not really a mask, more like half a mask -
    Example). She doesn't want to cover her face but she does it to hide her new heinous look. She has a snake tail that even though she's trying to hide, it gets out of her long dress (her tail is not completely out). Her hair is messy. Basically, she is not conformed with her new body and she's trying to understand what is going on with her. She tried to hide herself from people so they don't get scared of her. Her personality changes a lot comparing to her previous model. She becomes more rude and eager like if she's fearing her own life.

This is the plot twist:
    We need to be more creative. The leveling transformations are becoming less special. Here we could maybe introduce a new way to evolve her model (like Ragnarok Force X Thor).

If her KDA is higher than 1.5:

From level 10-14: She now wears a shiny and silver armor. Her mask is made of iron. Her bow has the form of a golden snake. Medusa became more confident about her new aspect and wears her scales with pride. She forgave Athena for her curse and now she's battling along side other warriors and gods. She became popular among the citizens and she's not feared.

From level 15-20: She wears a golden armor, maybe a robe and her mask is now full of jewels. Medusa is now completely glorified, heavenly and celestial. She (kind of) became a war god. She fights for peace and honor and everyone loves her.

If her KDA is lower than 1.5:

From level 10-14: Medusa has red-ish and dark scales, her mask is scary and has horns in it. She is growing bigger and scarier. She starts looking less like a snake a more like a demonic creature. She is feared by everyone and her positivism is gone. She became more animal like. There is no trace of her human aspect. Medusa now hates humans.

From level 15-20: She is now the most hedious and dreadful creature in the world. She has a dark personality and her look is evil. Her mask has bigger horns and rubies in it. Her eyes glow red and her body is now bigger. She looks like a beast or an authentic evil monster.

I know that it has a lot of transformations and it could give Hi-Rez tons of work, but I really like the concept (and to be fair her 1st and 2nd transformations don't change drastically). When a new T5 skin is released it is always compared to the previous ones so Hi-Rez needs to improve their T5 quality every year. It would be nice to have a new way of "evolving". I know that being based on the KDA might be unfair but both forms should be good, so every game people would have different transformations. This way the match wouldn't be "just like any other Medusa game", it will always be a different, fun and memorable match. When I play with Demonic Pact Anubis, even though I really enjoy the skin, I already know what will happen: I will transform at level 5, 10 and 15 - there's nothing new and exciting. And after a while the skin loses its magic. But if that's not possible there's always the "Elementalist Lux" way from League of Legends. You could pick whether you want to become evil or good on a HUD option right above the Medusa avatar - Example.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I apologize for my English.
    Last edited by DrHeinzSteins; 06-03-2017 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Grammar

Junior Member Cupidhead JetJack3500's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Amazing idea! The way you imagined her final form is really awesome, because even if it's about the Medusa we all know, makes her appereance different and interesting. You did a good work

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by JetJack3500 View Post
    Amazing idea! The way you imagined her final form is really awesome, because even if it's about the Medusa we all know, makes her appereance different and interesting. You did a good work
    Thank you man! I hope to have this idea, I see a lot of people basically doing my idea backwards which is quite upsetting. But hopefully Hi-Rez can take that a lot of people want my Medusa concept would love to see how they would make this a reality. Its seperate to pretty much all the Demon and Angel Tier 5s that always get chose

Achievements:
    Update: Thank You all so much for the views! I'd love to see this skin implemented, I have posted my skin idea on the Official "Smite Community" Facebook page and its performing well! http://prntscr.com/ffiopk

New Member Cupidhead MagicL3gend's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 447
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Den/den idea. Would totally blow $60 to get this... That KDA thing could be really interesting, although I can see a lot of salt coming from it; and if you don't master Medusa that well, 1.5 can be though... Also if you underperform it's really visible to the enemy team as to who they have to focus... Something to think about for hi-rez. This concept has my vote tho!

~ML

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Definitely has my vote! I would love to see this concept brought to life,it sounds very interesting ^.^

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellisae View Post
    Definitely has my vote! I would love to see this concept brought to life,it sounds very interesting ^.^
    Thank You! <3

Achievements:
    Thank You! yeah, I really do like the KDA thing, maybe it could be whether your going positive or negative K/D ? Im sure the designers would think of something

New Member Cupidhead DrHeinzSteins's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Yeah, I knew the KDA thing would be weird but somewhat interesting. Her form could vary from other different things, like the number of statues she created or something like that.