Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is not surrendering ever punished?

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran

Is not surrendering ever punished?

Ganesha-Izanami duo. By the 10 minute mark Ganesha was 0/8, Izanami was something like 2/7. The solo rage quit so it's a 4v5. The duo refuses to surrender and keeps trolling.

I'd ban their asses. Not even kidding. Perhaps not for not surrendering but for trolling? Dunno.
    Last edited by SirSleeperOP; 05-26-2017 at 12:11 PM.

StarCrack
    I never surrender. Ever, and it makes me mad when people do.

Its not that people like me troll by doing this. It's that we have a never give up attitude. Yes this is just a game but the attitude of this generation is sick. Participation ribbons and quit when it gets hard. The fact that there is even a surrender option in games now a days shows this.

When I was a kid I was taught not to quit. To never give up. That courage isn't the absence of fear (of losing a game) but fighting against it.

I'll never surrender and you have no idea how many games I've won after my team mates try to quit.

I always love the messages I get too if we lose and I don't surrender. "It was over. The game was already done you're just wasting time" They are all hypocrites as that mentality should go both ways yet not one person says it's over were wasting time let's quit and play another when we're snowballing them and they have no chance. The game is over then too.

Long story short they should be adding rewards for people who have the balls to finish a game. They kick your ass they deserve to see your titan fall. Not punish people for wanting to see a game through no matter the odds. I bet all these people who quit are the ones who walk put of sports stadiums when their team is behind only to call them selves fans when te teams winning.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Some people like to fight it out to the bitter end. Sometimes it can turn around and sometimes it doesn't. I usually won't surrender if it is close or we are a little down. I will surrender in hopeless situations or if a lot seem like they want out. If the team has already decided they are done it is better to agree since their heart probably won't be in it anymore.

But no they shouldn't be punished for not wanting to give up and probably aren't as good as their opponents.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran Party Person
    People who pop the surrender vote more than 2x in a game and people who vote yes more than 2 x should be punished by getting less favor and all that stuff

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    I wouldn't punish for not surrendering, personally if we were already behind in levels and then lose a player I'd go ahead and surrender since if you aren't doing well in a 5v5 making it a 4v5 certainly isn't going to help. However if the person who left had just left I'd wait a few minutes in case they come back first. The only time I felt annoyed that someone wouldn't surrender was when it was a 3v5 before the 10min mark even showed up(they left at 8min). I mean there is literally nothing we could do but surrender was apparently not an option after 10mins hit. Still, it was over shortly anyway so it isn't that big a deal. Our opponents could have easily drawn it out if they wanted to though which I think is why surrender exists. Imagine you end up stuck in a 1v5 and surrender doesn't exist, leaving a game via closing the application can result in penalties and in similar games even bans if you do it often enough. So you really want to be stuck just sitting there waiting for your opponents to get bored of toying with you lest you face punishments or just allow a way to surrender. Punishments for not surrendering shouldn't be a thing though.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran Party Person
    If anyone have seen the dark knight- Harvey Dent says: you either die as hero or you live long enough to see yourself becomming a vilain

This is the same mentality in smite, you who are the good guy who tries to push your team and stay positive even though everyone is flaming and ragequitting, you are the one who gets punished in the end

One day you will get tired of being the good guy and start flaming and ragequitting

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    I often find myself not-surrendering just to punish some blamer/flamer/salty teammate. They deserve it....

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSleeperOP View Post
    Ganesha-Izanami duo. By the 10 minute mark Ganesha was 0/8, Izanami was something like 2/7. The solo rage quit so it's a 4v5. The duo refuses to surrender and keeps trolling.

I'd ban their asses. Not even kidding. Perhaps not for not surrendering but for trolling? Dunno.

BWHAHAHAHA i tlet me login. That means I get to post.

OH an dbtw. no
    it doesnt do shit to you for not bieing a little usrrendering llama.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    punishment for not surrendering? what are you smocking?

first of all, ppl have their right to choose surrender or not.

secondly, if we talking about surrendering, then, actually, surrendering and especially starting surrender vote should be punished. because its a shamful behavior in PvP games...

and finaly, do you know why there is "F7" icon for your avatar in the game, but no "F6" icon? because fight to the end even when its hopeless its a good trait. loser is not someone who can't win, loser is the one who give up.

P.S. some ppl think im bad in this game when they see my kda... but in a fact, i allways fight to the end, even to bad end, that's why having less than 10 deaths in a match was a good thing for me when i just started to play Smite. now thing are better for me, but im still fight to the end and tbh, i don't understand ppl who surrender, especially on arena, which is allready short.
    Last edited by BakaCircle9; 05-27-2017 at 11:29 AM.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

StarCrack
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    secondly, if we talking about surrendering, then, actually, surrendering and especially starting surrender vote should be punished. because its a shamful behavior in PvP games...
    Exactly. It should have a penalty. No favor or worshippers for a surrender.

Or we continue to teach kids it's ok to quit when it gets hard. And to rage and blame others for not quitting with you. You sign up to play take your loss like a man. They earned their win no matter how bad you think your team mates are.

I have nephues who used to play gears of War with me. They would want to quit all the time when it got hard. Eventually I told them if you quit out of that game you better not launch another one. Either finish it or quit playing that game. Now they are amazing gamers.

You learn more from falling and learning to pick yourself up than from never falling.

I feel sorry for future generations with people passing on this quit when it's too hard mentality. The world will never get anywhere.