Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Transfering skins

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points

Transfering skins

So I started playing Smite when it first came out for playstation and had a lot of fun with the game. When it came out for ps4, I could not play it on a pc, which is where I prefer to play competitive online games. I know have a computer where I can play my games on, and I would like to transfer my skins over.

I understand that you need to make money, so you can charge a transfer fee. My hirez account and playstation account are linked, so it would not be hard for a transfer to happen. You also allowed pc players to transfer skins over to console when it first came over.

For the people who are going to say, just buy the skins again, just remember several of them are LIMITED. Also so many of the skins are in big chests.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    I'd love to be able to transfer my skins over to PC since I started on Xbox. There was a limited window when we could.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods
    Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Discordia - Artio - Ymir - Cernunnos - Ganesha - Sun Wukong
    Hachiman

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 1,373
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Allegedly, the halfwits at Sony and Microsoft make it difficult to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by HiRezPonPon View Post
    It has less to do with us being technically able to do it, and more to do with agreements and limitations set at Sony and Microsoft.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 668
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    to be fair imho ALL LIMITED SKINS that can not EVER be gotten again should be removed from the skin line up. I have even gone so far as to thell hi rez i would pay 100$ USD for each morphing skin. they said no. so my thought is to archive the skins and take them out of line up since they can never be collected. if you are a completioist like me then this is a big problems with how hi rez does business. as far as transfering skins im a firm no on that.
    www.5Dclan.com
    WE ARE RECRUITING
    our Ts3 Server:
    63.210.145.160:9102

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead MoogandMe's Avatar
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlack304 View Post
    as far as transfering skins im a firm no on that.
    Why?

Given that sony and microsoft would stay out of it, it would behoove HiRez to make all 3 accounts linked as a single HiRez account that has access to the same cosmetics on each platform. It's fine to not have stats, masteries, and rankings be linked, but cosmetics, I can't see a single argument that holds water from a player's standpoint. I have friends that play on PC, Xbox, and PS4. I would LOVE to play with my PC friends or PS4 friends, but I have invested so much money into the Xbox version for the reason that Xbox was my only feasible way to play for a long time since I was flight crew and in a different place every night. Because my cosmetics are not on the other 2 platforms, I don't touch them. I occasionally play with my cousin on PC because he's my cousin, but PS4 I don't even have installed. So I ask again... what reason could you have for saying "No" to having cosmetics linked for all platforms?

Achievements:
    you just stated "linking all accts" then you say ohh no stats or mastery is ok. so what is it you want. to be fair each acct on each system should be separate. a xbox acct shouldnt be able to convert to pc. pick a platform and play it there. if you move to a new platform you have to start over. risk vs reward choose wisely
    www.5Dclan.com
    WE ARE RECRUITING
    our Ts3 Server:

Achievements:
    you just stated "linking all accts" then you say ohh no stats or mastery is ok. so what is it you want. to be fair each acct on each system should be separate. a xbox acct shouldnt be able to convert to pc. pick a platform and play it there. if you move to a new platform you have to start over. risk vs reward choose wisely
    I was very clear in what I want.... I want all the cosmetic things I have purchased (you know.. the stuff that actually costs us money) to be present on all 3 platforms so I can play with my friends regardless of which platform they're on and have all the cosmetic stuff that I have payed money for available to me. I said no masteries and no stat linkings should happen because of ranked. The reasoning for this should be obvious... The COSMETICS on the other hand, you know... the stuff that doesn't make a real difference and only changes looks..., should be available to any platform if you have purchased it once. There's no downside for the player base to this. "Starting Over" means spending close to $1000 for the skins, VPs, etc.... It's not going to happen, and I'm CERTAINLY not going to purchase skins on multiple platforms in the future. I get it if they're TRULY hindered by licensing from Microsoft, but I don't really buy that, as other companies have done it in the past and are still doing it. (Square Enix had a title on PC, PS2, and Xbox 360 with no issues of licensing on account tied things. They have another now on PS4 and PC in which you can even purchase cosmetic services and items. They're tied to the account itself, not the service or platform.) I'm sure in whatever agreement they signed that restricts them there is a loophole that would allow this. What this would mean for HiRez, though, is the POTENTIAL loss of revenue. In reality, it is a miniscule loss of revenue, if any. The people who would outfit multiple platforms are very few and far between. What it does, though, is pushes people away. I'll be honest... if all my friends who play on Xbox stopped playing on Xbox, I would stop playing Smite. With the pathetic state of matchmaking, the game is simply not fun when I solo queue. I love playing the game with friends, but have no desire to play it without them. I doubt I'm the only person in this camp. Finding that loophole in their agreement would open the door for migration while retaining the stuff you spent so much money on.

Achievements:
    the money i have spent on smite is pretty crazy. i would not expect a transfer of skins from pc to xbx1 or ps4 not that i would even have those garbage machines in my house first off. my thought is this 1. pick a platform 2. ENJOY 3. Hi Rez profit. this is the way business works they make money on each platform separately combining them will only cut their own throat it would be like stealing from yourself. it is just a bad business call if you ask me
    www.5Dclan.com
    WE ARE RECRUITING
    our Ts3 Server:

Achievements:
    the money i have spent on smite is pretty crazy. i would not expect a transfer of skins from pc to xbx1 or ps4 not that i would even have those garbage machines in my house first off. my thought is this 1. pick a platform 2. ENJOY 3. Hi Rez profit. this is the way business works they make money on each platform separately combining them will only cut their own throat it would be like stealing from yourself. it is just a bad business call if you ask me
    See... this is where you're wrong. The people who spend as much as we have on the game aren't going to spend that money on multiple platforms. Also, leave the PC master race mentality out of this. That's not what this topic is about. As I said, if my friends that I play with were to move to a different platform, I would simply quit Smite altogether. I'm not going to play solo queue, and I'm certainly not spending all this money over again on another platform to have the same stuff I've already purchased. I WOULD be willing to pay a small subscription to support having my cosmetics available on all 3 platforms, but that would have to be small, indeed.

You would be hard-pressed to find people willing to spend so much money on multiple platforms. You'll find far more people in my camp of "If my friends move, I'll simply quit." Which one leads to less revenue?

Achievements:
    why would hi rez not want to charge for every platform?
    www.5Dclan.com
    WE ARE RECRUITING
    our Ts3 Server: