Thread: You might want to consider having some sort of matchmaking on console

Member Follower
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

You might want to consider having some sort of matchmaking on console

Is the game really dying this much that matchmaking has to be completely random across all modes? If it's this bad, why don't you delete crap game modes like siege, joust, arena and clash at the very least. Maybe do something crazy like cross platform between the 2 consoles to increase player base so you can add something to the matchmaker instead of it being completely random.

Do you know that having this bad of matchups every single game adds to a lot of extra unnecessary toxicity and rage quits? It seems that you dont even care about console anymore, sad!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Derajalen's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by AntonChigurhKC View Post
    Is the game really dying this much that matchmaking has to be completely random across all modes? If it's this bad, why don't you delete crap game modes like siege, joust, arena and clash at the very least. Maybe do something crazy like cross platform between the 2 consoles to increase player base so you can add something to the matchmaker instead of it being completely random.

Do you know that having this bad of matchups every single game adds to a lot of extra unnecessary toxicity and rage quits? It seems that you dont even care about console anymore, sad!
    Quoted for truth!

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Truth story...

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 635
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    match making is not completely random across all modes, ranked has...in its own way, the best version of match making, but it still has the same issues regular matchmaking has...but on a bigger scale.

if you don't like how things are going, uninstall the game and leave it be
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Member Follower
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    match making is not completely random across all modes, ranked has...in its own way, the best version of match making, but it still has the same issues regular matchmaking has...but on a bigger scale.

if you don't like how things are going, uninstall the game and leave it be

"Like the game but have complaints? UNINSTALL THE GAME AND STOP PLAYING IT!"

That's actually what hi-rez wants unfortunately, the game is at an all time low on PS4 that is for sure, it's sad and wish I never invested in it. But you are right, the good players have all abandoned this game so its probably my turn, it is just trash on PS4. Fun to troll every once in a while I guess, there's no point in trying to play seriously with this matchmaking.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by AntonChigurhKC View Post
    "Like the game but have complaints? UNINSTALL THE GAME AND STOP PLAYING IT!"

That's actually what hi-rez wants unfortunately, the game is at an all time low on PS4 that is for sure, it's sad and wish I never invested in it. But you are right, the good players have all abandoned this game so its probably my turn, it is just trash on PS4. Fun to troll every once in a while I guess, there's no point in trying to play seriously with this matchmaking.
    yeah man I'm in the same mental state with you

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DMFist View Post
    yeah man I'm in the same mental state with you
    That would imply you've never won a match because its entirely the fault of everybody but you, which is pretty much the OP's posting history. So unless you like boats made out of cement I would advise not tying your flag to that mast.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead playcat2's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    YOu have to understand that this game looks for 10 people at a time, and then has to rank them accordingly, while they're available and queuing. Usually in my ranked matches there's always that one that dominates or is much better than everyone else. Sometimes that doesn't happen. But there is matchmaking on every single mode, and it might be better on some modes like ranked, as others say. But I also agree with you that it does have problems. If people are really interested in this game they'll stay. Because the matchmaking isn't that bad, and the unfairness isn't to the degree of some games out there. Some games are just fundamentally flawed in the way they handle things, like UFC for instance. But the problems of this game are more basic in nature, where people always choose overpowered characters, the team based element of it, where in solo queue you're bound to get angry at the game.

There is some technical problems though, like when you're spamming a certain relic or ability in a heavy team fight and the shit just never comes out. That's very frustrating. But then there's things that you can help that, like your own internet connection (moving to Ethernet, changing modem wifi channels and then reset console to factory start, as that affects the Bluetooth in you controller supposedly). And there's other things too, like making sure you have a good Ethernet cable, as some batches of cables can have problems of themselves, like same brand same cable, just a bad cable. It's good to test them when you get them, as when you get a bad cable your max Mbps will be lower than what you're able to get on that specific console or platform. And then there's the problems of the networks themselves, like the PS network (which is not the best I believe), and the Smite servers themselves, which has many problems. It seems like everybody's having problems lately, with their servers.

(Edit: need to paragraph more often)
    (Edit 2: I should say about the Ethernet cables, bad batches only happen with certain brands, from what I've heard. Especially with some of the faster Ethernet cable brands bought online)
    Last edited by playcat2; 07-26-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    A lot of friends have moved to PC from console because it's better all round.. Updates don't arrive late, in game chat makes it better to actually speak to people etc etc. The guys I partied with are not on ps4 anymore and all I get told is to buy a PC.

As for console well there should be in game chat, keyboard functions on smite, and across both PC, ps4 and Xbox matchmaking.
    Warthunder has this and you can run into a lot of PC gamers. But also use keyboard and mouse on ps4. So it's like having a PC.

I'm not sure what to think about this past weekend. I solo que 50% of the time with results ranging from getting 100% floor wiped due to running into a team. Or partying up with people in my friends list and getting the same, 100% floor wiped. There was a lot of really good, very good teams. Wiping up everything. I had a 10 or more game loss even when partied. Try hard teams running down everybody. Took me all day to get 1-2 wins. You would get experienced Teams bursting down anything with 1-2 ults and then getting a level lead and then 1 shoting everything being 2-3 levels ahead.

I only won games when I was vs randoms like myself also in a solo q it seems.. Non ranked become very very Rage/bm for the most part. People saying they will report you for feeding even when you went 8 deaths to 5 kills. People saying you laughed at me with your Athena and you should be reported. Quit smite you suck, stick to guard.

Non ranked was nuts
    Last edited by commandoo; 08-09-2017 at 10:23 AM.
    I like turtles

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead playcat2's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I think why Sony didn't go with the type of ingame voice chat that Steam has is because of the weak CPU AMD had at the time, and probably because it would cost more for an additional processor for that, and for the development costs of redesigning the controller to have buttons for push-to-talk (which I'm guessing they were too far into development and because of the cpu). When you look at the party options for PS4 it looks like they had dual chat in mind, but it just didn't work out, too many people talking. Microsoft didn't even have anything like this. But I'm sure next generation all these things will be fixed and there'll be dual chat and push to talk mic chat. I've pushed for this and I know they're probably working on this as we speak. I've seen some news pop up about controller redesigns from Sony, and it had additional buttons on it (on the front) which I'm guessing is for voice chat. So I'm sure both companies are looking into this, as I know they see what happens. But I hope they go for buttons on the back of the controller, as that would feel more natural. A workaround in the mean time is just to use headsets that have a mute button, but I know that's still awkward.