Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Shifters On Hunters

Banned Prestigious Fusionsamurai's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Conversation Starter

New Shifters On Hunters

I'm back :3

In the next patch, Shifter's sheild is getting a massive buff, one that will absolutely break hunters.

Shifter's (PTS)
    35 Physical Power
    15 physical protections
    15 magical protections

When you are over 50% health, you gain +35 physical power. When you are below 50% health, you gain 35 protections.

This item is obviously made for warriors and some assassins. However, hunters have built it in the past, even in the pro scene. In the challenger's cup in 2016, Venenu built it first item on ADC.

This item is incredibly powerful now. An ADC can get a solid amount of protections and 70 POWER. This is insane, the highest amount of raw power on a non-stacking item. If an ADC gets in trouble, they get 50 of both protections, and are infinitely safer.

There is no reason to NOT build this on ADC.

For the sake of comparison, lets take Transcendence-
    2600 Gold
    +35 Physical Power
    +300 Mana
    +6 MP5

Passive Effect:You permanently gain 15 Mana per Stack, and receive 5 Stacks for a god kill, and 1 Stack for a minion kill (max. 50 stacks). Additionally, 3% of your Mana is converted to Physical Power.

Fully stacked this item should give around 90 power. For 200 gold less, I can go shifter's and NOT have to stack to get this extreme power, while also getting a lot of utility out of the protections.

This makes hunters insanely tanky, and it only sacrifices 4 power from a trans build. Hunters have 100% scaling on their auto attacks, so this instantly increases your auto damage by 70. (pre-mitigations). Furthermore, the protections make your ADC incredibly hard to fight in lane.

So, as stated earlier, this item ludicrous. The only thing you lose for this is Mana sustain, but if you're careful with your mana, that won't be an issue. This item will change how hunters play, so long as people are smart enough to pick it up.

Once again, hunters can ruin an item for other classes. :L
    Last edited by Fusionsamurai; 05-18-2017 at 07:23 PM.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    >implying hunters weren't fucked up before
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    >implying hunters weren't fucked up before
    Nah, they absolutely are, but do you want a hunter with lots of free power and safety if they fuck up?

This could make the likes of AMC more viable because of the safety net as well.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusionsamurai View Post
    This item is incredibly powerful now. An ADC can get a solid amount of protections and 70 POWER. This is insane, the highest amount of raw power on a non-stacking item.
    This isn't true. Bloodforge is 75 power, with no stacking required. But that's the only non-stack item that's higher.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I love shifters I use it all the time and even on hunters but to be honest it's a bit of a gimmick on the protection side. To get this 50 protection you need to be under 50% health. I just get it for the cheap super power, the defence is a nice bonus but it often won't be enough to save you when your below 50% being rushed down.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Foxkid_8's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Its a hunter. That's literally nothing new unless they give them hunter specific items that assassins and warriors can't use so we can actually have fun with items that won't be nerfed because of the "no fun allowed" role.
    Loki, hunters, and Artio are bull s***.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    To be honest, Shifter's Shield has been pretty fantastic for literally every Physical God for ages.

Just no-one bought it for reasons I don't fully understand.

Most of the time it was literally 60 Power + 20 Prots for 2.4k gold. It swapping to 40 Power and 40 Prots at <50% life was just a bit of icing.

I mean, I sort of understand for Hunters, their builds are pretty tight when you consider Boots > Stacking > Fatalis > Pen > Crit > Crit is pretty much the standard.

Meaning the only item obtained for its stats over its passive is the stacking item. Where Trans gives you mana sustain and a bunch more power, Devo gives you lifesteal and when you decide to forgo a stacking item you generally do so to get early pressure so Ichaival with its attack speed and passive tends to be better (Since it's also really cheap too)

But yeah... Assassins and DPS Warriors... I don't know why they don't pick it up more often. Especially when Assassin's early game items got nerfed over time, so they're about the same price as Shifter's...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    I mean when speed is of the essence managing mana isn't that important unless you need to clear a wave so I would rather have mana to spam aiblities in team fights and go back and insta clear wave then run out of mana after using 10 abilities.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaveana View Post
    I mean when speed is of the essence managing mana isn't that important unless you need to clear a wave so I would rather have mana to spam aiblities in team fights and go back and insta clear wave then run out of mana after using 10 abilities.
    No god should run out of mana that fast. A lot of gods don't need trans, in which case, they can pick up shifter's and beat an enemy who has trans in boxing.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 954
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I like your idea.

The reason I do not use shifters now on warriors is that for prots its lacking and for power, well pene is better, so void shield / BoV + mag prot item of choice is better almost all the time. Warriors are team fighters and buffer/debuffer, I don't like warriors without any auras. For a hunter though shifters could be a cool idea, however Im not sure how I feel about loosing dmg at 50% when I want a kill to proc bloodforge, maybe the prots make up for that though. Shifters I think make more sense on get in get out gods preferably with some heal, thor, arachne, cama, cerrunno maybe. I think the buff will suit arachne especially well as the power synergize good with the as on her 2 and the prots should kick in when you have the heal running. Never tried it on arach but I reckon its great on her now and it will be very good on her, core even after buff.

straight up getting shifters over trans could win you the lane though and u farm safer so its a cool idea. The enemy adc should have nothing on you until they get good pene. So for more mid game focused gods, like cerunno I think it could be cool and some say mana is problem cause you wanna skill creep waves, well cerrunno has aoe in melee so he doesn't need mana for that. He also has the cc and escape to actually make use of an item that lets him survive a bit longer. For AMC if you are caught out you are caught out, prots likely will not save you unless you have a very good coverage of hives and also amc really wants the mana from trans.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 05-20-2017 at 12:43 AM.
    Rocking the boat