Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Daji

New Member Cupidhead KingSombrer0's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    I definitely feel as though she's pretty underwhelming from what everyone is saying. I do feel as though SOME kind of CC would do her some good, or even having her 3 be something else other than a Target only teleport. I even think having it be in the vain of having it be a Bastet-like leap, except have it be a dash, so she can dash in, do her damage, and teleport back to where she activated the ability. Having a target only teleport seems to really hurt her as she little way of mobility, unless you want to use your 2 to run away instead of do damage, which is kinda stupid.

I also hear a lot how she kinda feels like Serqet, but as I've heard from other people, why should I ever want to pick Da Ji over Serqet, if Serqet can do more damage and has two different mobility abilities?

I guess I don't see her as inherently terrible, as i've seen some people still do rather well with her, but I don't see her as being that great either, when there are just better options. Her Ult is pretty neat, but having to stand on top of that totem the entire duration and not being able to leap down is kinda awkward. I know their still polishing her up, but pls let me leap down early and have the chain be on a set timer.

Senior Member Honoured MaverickSlayer's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 790
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Smh... all these people complaining she's bad. Maybe stop judging new gods on the current meta of broken gods who make 80% of the roster unviable and compare her to balanced gods like Bellona, Agni, Khepri, etc. I do think a little cc would help her out, but she already has decent mobility and strong cc on her ult. the only thing I think she needs is to have horrible burns cripple the target over the duration of the burn.

New Member Cupidhead KingSombrer0's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSlayer View Post
    the only thing I think she needs is to have horrible burns cripple the target over the duration of the burn.
    This is acceptable, i would think. It would make her 2 more useful, so then if she dove in on someone, they wouldn't just be able to dash or leap away and leave her just sitting there. We're not saying she needs 3 different things of CC, just "something. I mean, they could still beads it, but then you just got the beads out of someone, but then you could Ult them if they don't get away fast enough... shet.

There is also the slight bug that her 1 doesn't auto-attack cancel like I think it should.

And her ult just feels wonky. Let's just pray she get's smoothed out before release.
    Last edited by KingSombrer0; 05-19-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSombrer0 View Post
    This is acceptable, i would think. It would make her 2 more useful, so then if she dove in on someone, they wouldn't just be able to dash or leap away and leave her just sitting there. We're not saying she needs 3 different things of CC, just "something. I mean, they could still beads it, but then you just got the beads out of someone, but then you could Ult them if they don't get away fast enough... shet.

There is also the slight bug that her 1 doesn't auto-attack cancel like I think it should.

And her ult just feels wonky. Let's just pray she get's smoothed out before release.
    Yeah, her ult just seems tacked on honestly. Could have been implemented better. Maybe have it be a bit bigger and she summons it at a target location, then anyone underneath gets stuck on top for a few seconds before uncontrollably falling off into the fire at the bottom, and that fire would also ignite any gods that touch it, not just those that get stuck on top. It'd be more fitting to her lore at least.

New Member Cupidhead TheRiceCooker's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points
    her 1 is most comparable to arachne's venemous bite, however:

it does 50 less damage on the initial burst

it only ticks 3 times as oppose to 6 for arachne

does not heal her

conclusion: it does unnoticeable damage and is worse than ARACHNE'S ability - arachne regarded as one of the worst gods in the game.

the 2 is most comparable to fenrir's brutalize, however:

it doesn't lock on (this is fine)

it does wider aoe damage (i like this, looks very cool)

knocks back minions (makes her early clear very very bad)

can easily be interrupted (look at how useless nike is because of her main source of damage being easily interrupted)

it does 50 less base damage per strike

30% less scaling per strike

has 40% damage mitigation if facing away from the damage source (this is cool but shouldn't compensate the extremely low damage output)

conclusion: either increase the base damage to make her more early or increase the scaling to make her more late game. MAYBE give her knockup immunity or root immunity or mez immunity etc... one of those.

the 3 is probably the coolest ability she has, however:

there is a slight delay upon teleporting to where the enemy is so da ji still has a fair distance to close.

this is increasingly awkward as her auto attacks begin extremely slowly making it difficult to apply the 1

conclusion: make it so that it temporarily stuns/mesmerizes so that she can truly gap close and a mes/stun gives her nice counterplay against channeled abilities

her ult is a combination of ares ult and rama ult, however:

the paolao is erected unnecessarily slowly

the shots have a long delay

the shots + pull damage is extremely low for a skillshot that difficult

the pull is fine

the landing is extremely awkward

it is uncancellable making it extremely predictable

it is easily countered by beads/cc immunity

conclusion: the shots should do more damage, she should be able to ult close to walls, she should be able to shoot 1 chain and cancel it, make the chains easier to see and (haven't tested this but) make her untargetable while ulting (similar to fafnir stance change).

overall conclusion: she has a really cool design and i'm completely fine with the general ideas of her kit. i just think as an all in god with a very situational escape, she should definitely do more damage and her autos need to be tweaked. they don't seem to follow the speed of 1x.75x1x.75

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 750
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Alright, I'll pick this thread to give feedback on her. I once posted a modified version of this on another thread but it rather went unnoticed because there were too many people commenting. Here we go again.

1st Ability - The flames that empower her next basic attack could also shred physical protections and deal additonal damage if Daji's target is already bleeding (I mean, she's burning their open wounds!). The ability's cooldown would have to be increased then.

2nd Ability - Give it a crit chance and if she has her 1 activated, the first strike additonally applies the effects of "Horrible Burns" to her enemies in a cone, however, it doesn't apply basic attack damage.

3rd Ability - Either remove the need of a target so she can teleport freely, or reset it upon killing an enemy god. Moreover, she perhaps may apply a 0.5-seconds Fear to those hit by her teleport. I thought it would be fitting since she appears out of nowhere, scaring people, (kind of like a jump scare).
    If she has her 1 activated, Daji additonally inflicts those hit by her teleport with "Horrible Burns", without dealing basic attack damage.

Ultimate - Another ult that fits her assassin style would've been better, but let's just make the best out of it. At least it fits her lore.

After chaining someone, those enemies can't walk any further except within the radius they are being chained. Daji may either wait for them being pulled to her cylinder, or she may reactivate this ability to instantly pull them to her, which gives her more control and unpredictability. She may jump off of her Pao Lao earlier (right click) and still pull chained enemies to it through reactivating after she lands. And since this ult is fairly easy to counter and juke, you have to DIE when you get caught without CC immunity, thus give her an execute when you're being pulled and burned below a certain threshold. This would fit the ability's theme too.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeydon View Post
    After chaining someone, those enemies can't walk any further except within the radius they are being chained. Daji may either wait for them being pulled to her cylinder, or she may reactivate this ability to instantly pull them to her, which gives her more control and unpredictability. She may jump off of her Pao Lao earlier (right click) and still pull chained enemies to it through reactivating after she lands. And since this ult is fairly easy to counter and juke, you have to DIE when you get caught without CC immunity, thus give her an execute when you're being pulled and burned below a certain threshold. This would fit the ability's theme too.
    I must say I really like this idea for changing her ult, it would fit her Torturess lore well and be fairly unique. I'm not sure how the Paolao is going to work exactly in game, but to add on to this idea, I think the chains should only pull them back a moderate distance so if they're on the outer edge they can avoid the fire. The fire from the Paolao itself should shoot out further, and any gods who touch it get set ablaze, not just the ones that get chained.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 750
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickSlayer View Post
    (...) and any gods who touch it get set ablaze, not just the ones that get chained.
    That's a good addition, it's more logical.

I wish she had some ability that reflects her seductive nature. Right now she's all about torturing and sadism as if that's the only thing she lives for. But I guess a "charm" ability would make her even more similar to Serqet.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead ShirentheSiren's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Just did a bunch of jungle practice with her. Id honestly play bakasura for damage rather then her at the moment.

Da Ji is the PERFECT example of a character the devs were extremely affraid of making to powerful and so they made her numbers so low shes useless.

The issues i see with Da Ji are as follows.

Her basic attack animations and 2 are really bad.

First lets talk about her 2, the only thing wrong with this is the damage is so low its shrugged off by literally everyone. Up the damage a bit all around and it should be fine. Fenrirs 3 is a good example of what im talking about. easily stopped ability with decent damage though maybe a little less damage per swipe then fenrirs even though fens is guaranteed damage if the first jump hits.

Next is her basic attack animation. her progression is 1/.75/1/.75 but she attacks as if its 1/1/.75/.1/.75. She has an extra normal speed attack stuck in the front it looks like in the tests i performed. If they changed it so it was .75 all around with faster swings she would more reliably be able to stack her bleed which is where all of her damage comes from. It also wouldnt screw up her progression when you use her 1 which reset the attack chain.

With these changes i dont think it would push her over the edge yet still allow her to play the way they want her to be played. I wont touch on her ult simply because it was her "theme ability" which usually never fits with the rest of the kit.

These are just my opinions though.

Achievements:
    Eh, better to make her weak at the start and buff her up to be viable than a broken one that makes the game no fun to play for 4-6 weeks until they get some nerfs.