Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: PTS Issues Thread for 4.9 - Nine-tailed Terror! - Updated for Round 3!

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,383
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    These are more questions than observations but

1. Is there any consideration to giving Daji CC on any of her abilities besides her ult.

2. Why no buff to 1000 cuts?

3. Why is the cool down so high on Trickster Spirit? Every single assassin who has a movement ability, either jump, dash, sprint, etc. has a lower cool down than Trickster spirit. It's 17s, most assassins (over half actually) have a cool down of 15s or lower, 8 of them have a cool down of 12s on their dashes/jumps main movement ability. I don't understand why Daji's is so long when it does literally less damage than all of those abilities without having any utility to it?

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezCAPSLOCK View Post
    This is actually working properly.

The hitchain is a bit more complicated because it's running more unique pre and post-hit delays. The full time that each swing takes is technically correct, but the post-fire or pre-fire might not make it feel that way. For example, the first hit has a 0.2 pre-fire (which is very quick) and a 0.8 post-fire, adding up to a 1s swing time. The second hit then has a 0.5 pre-fire followed by a 0.25 post-fire. This makes the total time between the swings 1.3, but the total time it took to swing both times completely to 1/.75.

This isn't something only Da Ji has labeled like this in the K screen. Swing time is always an addition of pre and post-fire delays. Da Ji just has some of our higher post-hit delays, so you feel them more on her.
    Thanks for clarifying how the hit-chain works. I also felt her hitchain was a bit clunky but suspected it had something with pre-fire and postfire delays, but couldn't log into the forums for some days for some reason :/.

Is there some way of figuring out the pre-fire and postfire delay for attack chains and abilities in general except for by observing the time it takes ingame?

Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    This is actually working properly.

The hitchain is a bit more complicated because it's running more unique pre and post-hit delays. The full time that each swing takes is technically correct, but the post-fire or pre-fire might not make it feel that way. For example, the first hit has a 0.2 pre-fire (which is very quick) and a 0.8 post-fire, adding up to a 1s swing time. The second hit then has a 0.5 pre-fire followed by a 0.25 post-fire. This makes the total time between the swings 1.3, but the total time it took to swing both times completely to 1/.75.

This isn't something only Da Ji has labeled like this in the K screen. Swing time is always an addition of pre and post-fire delays. Da Ji just has some of our higher post-hit delays, so you feel them more on her.
    Can you get rid of that? I don't really understand why it exist.

Junior Member Minion Tobasaurus's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    i almost feel like some change needs to happen on trickster's spirit. Her round 2 changes were solid, but by 4.10 i would consider looking at her ability to enter and leave a fight without getting blown up. Blink is a obvious no go due to her bleeds so i really think that her leap should be looked at if she is still underperforming. But thats my rookie opinion.

Radar Operator Honoured HiRezCAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 763
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    Can you get rid of that? I don't really understand why it exist.
    I don't understand what you mean? Get rid of swing time existing on the K screen? Or get rid of my explanation of it?

Achievements:
    I don't understand what you mean? Get rid of swing time existing on the K screen? Or get rid of my explanation of it?
    The swing time on the K screen isn't really correct. You said it your self its more complicated than that. But why? It seems like am unnecessary add on to her basics and a large majority of people said it felt really weird. The delay in the hit chain doesn't feel comfortable, and it really doesn't make much sense to have the hitch to her basics?

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class
    The swing time on the K screen isn't really correct. You said it your self its more complicated than that. But why? It seems like am unnecessary add on to her basics and a large majority of people said it felt really weird. The delay in the hit chain doesn't feel comfortable, and it really doesn't make much sense to have the hitch to her basics?
    So what you mean to be asking for is that the attack chain should be normalized to have a less extreme post-fire delay? The K screen is still as "correct" as the others when the postfire+prefire time is added up, if that's what determins if it is correct (though I gather it's not really modifying the K screen you want anyway). Since she can Ability cancel with her 1 it's probably beneficial that there is such a short pre-fire delay before her first hit, which consequently gives her the long post-hit delay after her first hit.

I too do find the hit chain a bit clunky though, and wouldn't have minded if the prefire delay for her 2nd hit was a bit smaller at the expense of having a longer postfire delay after her 2nd hit, but I don't know if there's any balance issues with changing it, or what impact it'd have on gameplay aside from making her feel less "weird".

Radar Operator Honoured HiRezCAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 763
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Conversation Starter
    The swing time is correct, and the k screen is also correct. What seems to be the problem here is that what you think the K screen is telling you isn't actually what the K screen tells you for any god.

Her hit chain feels weird because of the second hit's delay, but a very small amount of attack speed will make a huge difference in how it feels because of how attack speed works with higher post-hit characters. You can check this yourself by looking at how her hit chain feels at level 1 vs how it feels at level 20. Add in one attack speed item and check again, you'll notice a pretty big difference.