Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Leaving a match early should not be penalised

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 7 days registered 100 Experience Points

Angry Leaving a match early should not be penalised

There are few things in Smite that are nearly as frustrating as being stuck in an unpleasant game. That is why the surrender option exists.

Unfortunately, the only time when surrender is possible is when the grand majority of the team want to. Three people in a five-man team can opt to surrender, but two naysayers are enough to negate their votes. How is this fair? And what about a joust game, where one person wants to leave but two people do not? Isn't this the perfect embodiment of Benjamin Franklin's quote "democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner"?

Here is my suggestion: give players the option to exit game with reduced penalties (or without penalties at all) after the second surrender vote. The second surrender vote usually takes place at the 20th minute of a match or later, which is quite a long time of suffering if you've ever been stuck in an unpleasant match. No one should be forced to stay in a match they do not want to be in. At least with early leaving, players have the chance to save time (most people have a finite amount of game time) and hopefully have a better experience in the next game. Losing is penalty enough; don't make the game a chore as well.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Derajalen's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    YES, surrender goes by 10, 15? 20 minutes into the game. that is a long time when you group are morons and can't take a hint and click yes or anything at all.

Know when you are beaten. it only takes the first 5 minutes into a match to know you are screwed.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Before ya read this: Im a developer aswell. I know the hard feelings of users and the complicate Situation oft a developer, means i can und er stand Both sides so:

This Option wouldnt be good. Brings out Intention again AS there is always a way to win. Just go AFK! When reported, no one oft Hirez will ban you cause you did 15min your best and then just stayed in fountain AS all was pont less. Just ignore the People that will mesage you. But just let people do their stuff. Theres no other much better way to deal with or without penaltys.

For me, there is also no matching option to take difference between "sad game, just surrender-People and People who has intention or especially intention in " i quit early for premate-friends and they do aswell and this for minimized penalty".

After 5 Minutes you know that the game ends when youre cant stop the overfeed for example. But how to stop?
    Bring your People out of pointless situations, bring the late game in, or midgame. Cause 10-12 is a gamechanging Point cause the most Gods have their outcome there. Or try to hold on for level 20, all comes to fairness. It will be maybe really annoying, but at lvl20 with 2 skilled People there will be much room to do.

In my mind, thats the reason why 2/3 are needed to surrender.

In 5v5 its a lil bir unfair. The vote should End up at 4/1 as there it is maybe only possible to 4v5 the game, except a gamechanging Situation Like a Deicide caused by Killneeding or something. This can also happen in 3v3 aswell.

So Theres much options for you to change the whole game, it will maybe a bit annoying, but its a good training and trains your mind aswell. But when you win it then.. Thats a feeling in this Game what youll dont get through freeWIN/normalWIN/premateQueueWin. Theres no comparable feeling.

And See it so: its a game. You cant only win. Annoying situations where your skill brings you out are funny too.

So honestly, get a bit more practice, (not on your skill, on your playwise for teammates, and this will be also be the point were the Discussion Bout Killsteal/secure ends too) especially on your phsical reallife strength and punch ya way through that fucked up matchmaking.system.

Cause that is where they have to focus!
    Thats the most Messed up part i think. There should be normal elos, but not that hard Like in ranked. That will be change for much People the whole game.

You have to See also what a change of the Penalty also can bring with it?:

1-2 queuer that leave for there Team, fuck of goodwill when you get a free win in trade maybe too? Such changes would End up in the exact other direction and will mess up the game more AS it actually is messed up. Think bout teammates which stand in base and auto surrender at 10min? Report then when you mind itll do a thing. It will bring up penalty again. Theres not much room for other Methods.

There a whole more things that have to be changed, but Actually i think the Developer got other targets as they planned at their behinnings cause Money came in foreground. But the most People in the world had changed their plans then.. hirez See it works. 10-20 ppls are talking bout these n these. OK good. Fine. Works. SWC - and tournaments - all works well. Mhh.. Whats your decision AS developer then? You cant count all reviews and reports and cant do all changes cause you cant test the whole change outgoing from small changes Luke doing items cheaper for example.
    For now, HiRez See the People plays and all seems to be fine. Maybe they know much oft sad things but cant do much against them.

When anyone have fun on talking/discussion about these points of the game, check the forum the next days for a bigger post from me. Or message me

Sorry for bad spelling, written on a Smartphone with a german wordbook.

Im feeling a lil bit bad about taking my Advantage for HiRez. Sorry
    Last edited by montr3yR; 05-20-2017 at 08:12 PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead Fireryash's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    No thank you. Anything can happen anytime. I absolutely HATE people who give up just because the team is behind or someone fed. It's pathetic. All it takes is 1 team fight and the whole game can switch. I've won games that are 2-5 1v5 in Conquest before. It's not impossible. I've had a game where I was Thanatos and my only other real team mate was Neith. The rest were ALL jungling (As in only going to camps) at 35 minutes while Neith and I were destroying towers and kill the enemy team. We were SO far behind before late game but we both managed to pick up the slack and won the game. We've seen it happen countless times in the SPL as well. 1 team is getting dominated and BOOM one team fight, the "losing" team wins it, pushes a lane all the way to titan to win the game. I can't count how many times my team lost all their lanes but as soon as mid-game came up and team fights were happening we destroyed them and won. Once again, ANYTHING can happen, always have that mentality of anything can happen. Both if you're winning and if you're losing.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 7 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireryash View Post
    I absolutely HATE people who give up just because the team is behind or someone fed. It's pathetic.
    My main frustration is not with inexperienced or unskilled players (although they can get on my nerves). I don't play conquest either, but I do play a lot of joust and frequently carry teams that are less proficient than me.

Lemme ask you this: have you ever been stuck in an unpleasant game with people who are unable or unwilling to communicate? Ever been trolled by your team the entire game? Ever had toxic teammates that ruin the game for everybody? Sure you can mute people in-game and report them afterwards, but to me there is no point in wasting half an hour in a slow, painful crawl to defeat in the company of wank stains. There's no fun or sport in that.

A previous comment stated that the player can go afk at the base at the 15th minute of a game and not be penalised. I'm not sure if this is true, but supposing it is - why does it have to be this way? Why not just allow the player to quit the match and join a new one? It just seems counter-intuitive and dumb.

Junior Member Cupidhead Ocelot123's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 561
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    To be honest, people sitting in the fountain are worse than the ones leaving the matches.

I've got your point. I'm an old Smite player and met lots of trolls. However, not everyone in your team is a troll. I still remember a Conquest where I was solo and was winning my lane. 6-1. Our adc was mad at our jungler and mid because he wanted more ganks. Both adc and mid were feeding. Guess what happened? Our adc decided to stop playing, just to jump around our titan and complain. He ruined the match for everyone else. And he wasn't brave enough to leave the game, because he didn't want to be penalised. Yet he still ruined and destroyed the match. I'm not sure about what happened later, but both teams reported him. He probably couldn't get away with it.

It also happened in other modes. I remember Jousts where one teammate stopped playing, turning it into a 2v3.

It's extremely frustrating when you don't have the opportunity to try because someone got mad and left the game. It's what I most hate at online games, an entire match experience ruined because someone couldn't handle bad situations and abandoned it. And you want people to get away with it? You want people to abandon matches and stay clean? Supporting quitters would ruin the game and its experience.

Also, allowing people to leave after surrender votes wouldn't work. Sometimes, you have a match where everyone from your team is doing good, except for one person. You're winning the match, but that person is doing bad and keeps trying to surrender.
    So, you want to allow this person to leave, ruining the match for everyone else?

Sorry for the long message and for the bad English!

Member Follower
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I wouldn't normally agree with this butin most games that are supposed to be competitive, leaving the game should be penalized. But this is Smite, where every single match is decided before it starts and you just have to hope you got put on the team that's guaranteed to win, you should be allowed to leave the aids matches that you have 0% chance to win.

New Member Cupidhead Excruciating's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    So, because you surrender, two other people must lose?

This is what going to happen most of the time if you can just "leave the match and f*** the rest of your team". If you're getting trolled, build defense, play defensively, but don't leave the game, if you do this, you will not even be able to report who made your match a frustating one.
    People will use the "power of leaving the game" to quit in the first five minutes, or after the first death.
    The game is about losing and winning, please do your best everytime. For you and your team.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    I'm going to ask you a question, why do you queue? The answer probably will be: "To play." Playing involves both winning and losing, you can't have everything. So, everyone queues to play, knowing they may win or lose, so why the people who first queue to play and now they don't because they are losing have to have an advantage over people who still want to play? It doesn't work like that, if you queue, like I said, you know you may lose, so if 2 people in your team don't want to surrender you will still have to play. And by the way, you really want to encourage people to leave matches, if you have time play other modes, not the longest one. One last thing, people who stay are penalized if you report them, they may not be banned instantly, but if they keep going afk they will get banned.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

New Member Cupidhead Excruciating's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Quote Originally Posted by GogetaAR View Post
    I'm going to ask you a question, why do you queue? The answer probably will be: "To play." Playing involves both winning and losing, you can't have everything. So, everyone queues to play, knowing they may win or lose, so why the people who first queue to play and now they don't because they are losing have to have an advantage over people who still want to play? It doesn't work like that, if you queue, like I said, you know you may lose, so if 2 people in your team don't want to surrender you will still have to play. And by the way, you really want to encourage people to leave matches, if you have time play other modes, not the longest one. One last thing, people who stay are penalized if you report them, they may not be banned instantly, but if they keep going afk they will get banned.
    Exactly. Without penalty, people will start quiting games just because they got first killed or something.