Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Leaving a match early should not be penalised

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 366
    They could implement something similar to what Dota2 has with it's "low priority" punishment system for bad-mannered players. If you frequently abandon or get reported, you could only queue for low prio games for a while.

Junior Member Senior Minion
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    or have a section where u can join either any queue or a time played Q where the Q may be longer but u get paired more accurately with people who have played the game for a longer period of time..

i would rather wait an extra 5 minutes for a decent game

New Member Minion ProstateHeaven's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Quote Originally Posted by GogetaAR View Post
    I'm going to ask you a question, why do you queue? The answer probably will be: "To play."
    You're a dumb ass. Folks want a COMPETITIVE match. Not necessarily to win, but to have a good competition. When your team trolls by selecting 3 assassins and no guardians AND you are up against a tryhard 5 man pre-made there isn't any competition to be had. Just a rape.

You should select your roll before queing up matchmake based on that. Maybe these autolock assassins and hunters will choose a different role when they end up with 15 minute que times.

Junior Member Minion LittleDaisyKiss's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 352
    Quote Originally Posted by durrindan View Post
    There are few things in Smite that are nearly as frustrating as being stuck in an unpleasant game. That is why the surrender option exists.

Unfortunately, the only time when surrender is possible is when the grand majority of the team want to. Three people in a five-man team can opt to surrender, but two naysayers are enough to negate their votes. How is this fair? And what about a joust game, where one person wants to leave but two people do not? Isn't this the perfect embodiment of Benjamin Franklin's quote "democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner"?

Here is my suggestion: give players the option to exit game with reduced penalties (or without penalties at all) after the second surrender vote. The second surrender vote usually takes place at the 20th minute of a match or later, which is quite a long time of suffering if you've ever been stuck in an unpleasant match. No one should be forced to stay in a match they do not want to be in. At least with early leaving, players have the chance to save time (most people have a finite amount of game time) and hopefully have a better experience in the next game. Losing is penalty enough; don't make the game a chore as well.
    I have to disagree here.

If we want to see a change to opting-out of a match, there needs to be a penalty or players will just abuse the option.

I'm thinking along the lines of, " an auto op-out button, but you don't receive your gold or exp ". Honest players shouldn't have a problem with this.

Junior Member Senior Minion Sypherys's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points
    3 votes should be enough to decide if the team surrenders or not.

If 3 people want to end a nightmarish match, well there's no point to continue with only 2 players.

Same goes for the inverted situation. The necessity to have 4 votes to surrender infuriates me. I don't surrender often, really. But when I does, it's (too) often because of a generous mix of toxicity and unability.