Thread: Noticed

Junior Member Senior Minion Derajalen's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points

Noticed

I have found that the player base doesn't know a thing about tactics.
    They are too busy with their heads up their asses and spamming voice commands.

My team 21 kills vs. other team 5 kills

My team was wiped out and ready to spawn as the other team was trashing a tower, I ran past them to get them to pill off the tower and like in WOW the nubs always try and go for a easy kill even if it'll cost them the match.
    And it worked, and they dog piled onto me and off the tower, but the tower was saved as I had to die for it.

And my team, YOU ROCK! CANCEL THAT!
    /eyeroll /golfclap... Good job, little kids. great team work!

They do know that we are a team right?
    You don't win because of how big your epeen is.

Junior Member Senior Minion Radiantkaiser's Avatar
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    While this post was not articulated in the best way, i have to begrudgingly agree (to an extent). Coming from Dota 2 to Smite there is large difference in players who actively consider tactics. I've talked about this with my friends trying to figure out why that is and came to a few reasons on why that might be.

The first is that most traditional MOBAS just have one real mode in which everyone plays. You always have to consider your positioning on the map, your towers, creep waves, and making calculated risk in order to save a structure. Every second your mouse is going all over the map to find enemies out of place, placing wards in tactically sound areas, doing your best to maintain map control. If you've been focused this way and playing the game for a couple hundred hours, your focus tends to stay with tactically inclined. In smite however there are tons of modes where you really dont need to focus as much on tactics at all.

The second is the third person view approach. I know this may sound silly at first, but there are people who play this game like they would say, Dynasty Warriors. Some of my VERY casual friends IRl are guilty of this. They come to pick a god they like, build however they want, and do their best to wack the other team. It's silly, but it exist. If you try to help them out by recommending things to build instead or ask them to not do something that hurts the team (like running 1v3 and feeding) they just brush you off. While this exist in other games of the genre, it isnt nearly as rampant as it is in Smite.

In my experience, the most tactic minded people ive met seem to play mostly Conquest (go figure) and traverse the forums. Sadly the player base for both Conquest AND people who frequent the forums are only a small slice of the Smite community as a whole.

I've actually started playing a lot more Conquest for the same reason.
    Last edited by Radiantkaiser; 05-17-2017 at 11:34 AM.
    "A man is at his weakest when he deems himself invincible"

Senior Member Honoured RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 658
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Derajalen View Post
    I have found that the player base doesn't know a thing about tactics.
    They are too busy with their heads up their asses and spamming voice commands.

My team 21 kills vs. other team 5 kills

My team was wiped out and ready to spawn as the other team was trashing a tower, I ran past them to get them to pill off the tower and like in WOW the nubs always try and go for a easy kill even if it'll cost them the match.
    And it worked, and they dog piled onto me and off the tower, but the tower was saved as I had to die for it.

And my team, YOU ROCK! CANCEL THAT!
    /eyeroll /golfclap... Good job, little kids. great team work!

They do know that we are a team right?
    You don't win because of how big your epeen is.
    well that depends a lot on what you lost during your respawn timer. If you could have wiped them after with a good ult instead as your team come back that might swing the game more in your teams favor. I mean the enemy has again a numbers advantage, your team needs to play def and they can farm and push lanes more aggressively or take another big objective. and you can't farm at all, which is especially bad if you are the carry.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 05-20-2017 at 12:30 PM.
    Rocking the boat