Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: June 20th - The 7th Avatar Arrives

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 618
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Hello Hi-rez !
    So here I had already contact you for information and I had a very good very satisfactory answer. Today I want to ask you another question, a question about the details of a character, that of Rama. I saw live on Twitch and I found it great I can not wait to try it but a small thing (a big thing for me) saddens me quiver. The artwork (just gorgeous by the way) and two loading cards Rama, we see many quiver in the back (which is something quite normal when looking at drawings illustrating Rama) but when you see 3D model in. .. well ... the quiver is on the hip. I know this is just a detail and I do not wish in any way to criticize your work, but for me the details in a video game really matter much and that is a detail that bothers me and that must surely grieve several others. I find that not to quiver in case the myth of Rama and all the more strange when you see the inconsistency of the artwork and loadings cards ..
    Here now, I really do not think my comments / suggestions or took into account given the work that has been provided on Rama but ... I just wanted to prevent it because I really love SMITE (and details about the games also ^ ^ ') and Rama I find much more stylish with the quiver in the back and not at the hip.
    Well, good luck to you for the future, you do a great job

Junior Member Cupidhead Overload86's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Hi there developers and fellow players,
    I've just started playing a little over two weeks ago and am enjoying the experience greatly so far.
    My question is just: When will this patch be implemented? Since it is June the 22nd now, I was just wondering if you have a special patch day or something. The thread title says June 20th, so I just assumed that would be it.

To my fellow players I want to ask: Is it really that hard for so many people to learn a foreign language? I myself am not a native English speaker, but considering the grammar and spelling of some of the posts on this forum is just killing me. Trying to decipher what Danakal for example tried to say was an ordeal that took me WAY longer than it needed to. If you're just not fluent enough in English that is ok, I would personally try to improve, because it's a vital skill in many jobs and helps in communication especially on the interwebs, but on the other hand I think many people are just sloppy; writing down what comes out of their head, no proofreading, no punctuation, sometimes no sense whatsoever. To those: Get a grip, your opinion is far more likely to be heard if you take the time to articulate your point of view.

Thanks for reading whoever got this far. ^^

Wishing for a great community that lasts a long time,
    Overload

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 618
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Sorry for not being clear but I'm not English and therefore I do not speak the language very well, I try to be as clear as possible with some knowledge that I have and I have a hard to speak a foreign language to mine. It is true that I have forgotten a few words and punctuation are certainly not the same as in my language, but this is not a reason to make fun of a person Overload ....

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Overload86 View Post
    I've just started playing a little over two weeks ago and am enjoying the experience greatly so far.
    My question is just: When will this patch be implemented? Since it is June the 22nd now, I was just wondering if you have a special patch day or something. The thread title says June 20th, so I just assumed that would be it.

To my fellow players I want to ask: Is it really that hard for so many people to learn a foreign language? I myself am not a native English speaker, but considering the grammar and spelling of some of the posts on this forum is just killing me. Trying to decipher what Danakal for example tried to say was an ordeal that took me WAY longer than it needed to. If you're just not fluent enough in English that is ok, I would personally try to improve, because it's a vital skill in many jobs and helps in communication especially on the interwebs, but on the other hand I think many people are just sloppy; writing down what comes out of their head, no proofreading, no punctuation, sometimes no sense whatsoever. To those: Get a grip, your opinion is far more likely to be heard if you take the time to articulate your point of view.

Overload
    Patches are usually launched on Tuesday/Wednesday.

The problem is that a forum is not a good medium for learning a language. Whereas in a direct conversation, you get immediate feedback ("Did you mean...?"), on the forums that step is omitted entirely due to people figuring it out for themselves. You can't really learn the finer points of the English language on a forum.

New Member Cupidhead RidersofRohan96's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    How much would the Ra-Merica skin cost. The standard 600 gems?

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RidersofRohan96 View Post
    How much would the Ra-Merica skin cost. The standard 600 gems?
    It's 500 on PTS. Meaning you get to keep 100 for a fancy icon!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Iluvatargr's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Quote Originally Posted by Overload86 View Post

Overload
    That was a harsh post. It is indeed very hard to learn a foreign language and one should not be critical about it. The ability to be fluent when speaking in a foreign language depends on many things: It is trickier for people that their native language is vastly different than the English one for example (that's why most Asians are having a hard time with English). Age also is a huge factor. One should not expect from a 15 year old person to be fluent at anything:P. It also comes down to a person's ability to learn a language which varies greatly and has nothing to do with how clever the person is. There are even studies about this matter.. I'm speaking English since the mid 90s and as you can clearly see I'm still not as good as you are in it. This has nothing to do with my education or my general ability to communicate with people. It is just hard and one should never be critical about it

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Still no auto-level customization? Gg, I'll wait another two weeks then.

Senior Member Honoured SeductivePower's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Where is the custom auto lvl?? I thought they bring it back...there are so many threads about it.

But ok..better nerf poly first....gg - not

Senior Member Honoured SeductivePower's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMits View Post
    This patch would be great if, with the changes and additions that will take place, there was also another item introduced to fill a glaring gap: Magic Power + Physical Protection. The only item that might be worth is Breastplate of Valor (550 mana, 75 phys prot, 25% cdr), otherwise you build an item that gives physical protection and no other stat that can directly be translated to damage (unless you play a magehunter and build Witchblade)

Also, as a player that likes mages, I am actually glad about the Polynomicon nerf. Not very rare to have it hit you for 400+ damage after you've just eaten a 1000+ ulti. Players rushing it as 2nd item because it was too useful even with as low as 100 magic power. Now more items will be open.

Actually only 1 item will be open, cuz nobody will buy poly any longer. 50% is far too little. The item was great...Hi-Rez makes a lot of mistakes the last few weeks.