Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I am not recommending this game for new players, better skip it.

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,095
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

I am not recommending this game for new players, better skip it.

Prehistory:

I used to recommend Smite a lot for my friends. I got some friends to play but none of them stayed for longer than before 20 account levels.

Prologue:

I got some new friends just recently. We kinda have referral account thing and stuff. I am 30 account level.

Story itself:

http://smite.guru/censor/match/44849

I asked Xing Tian whether Muzen was 30 account level or not. The answer was expected. He was 30 account level. Two of those enemy players have frames from the first Odyssey. My allies ofcourse don't know abilities and how they interact altho I tried to help them and explain as much as I could. It didn't help. Meanwhile, our allies were blamed by those two guys for sucking. This kinda made my friends a bit sad because they already tried all their best.

After that match we wanted to play something friendly and more strict and we decided to try out Joust.

http://smite.guru/censor/match/44850

I asked Rama about his account level and it was 30 aswel. Meanwhile their Elo of non-hidden guys is much superior than mine (if we trust SGS). The average level of enemies was 27. Our team had an average level of 16. That's already tons of differences. The game still thought this one match is fair and balanced. I am not talking about myself, but think about these new players who have to play against such matchups.

They wanted to play one more arena match but I was kinda against that thing and wanted to leave my friends altogether but they insisted so I agreed.

http://smite.guru/censor/match/44851

So you basically throw Bakasura with in total 5k matches and Thanatos in total of 13k matches against our team when I or any other 30 levels in my team don't even have more than 2k matches. Yet alone my new friends. Imagine my friend's reaction when I expained to them that 18 stars around Bakasura mastery boarder can be multiplied by 1k + basic 10 lvl, so, in total of 19k Bakasura.

This match is without me but they played together.

http://smite.guru/censor/match/44852

They are Party 1 here. As you can see here, it doesn't change whether I am with them or not with them, they are still thrown vs guys of higher skill level, account level while they have a team of full low levels.

-----

Epilogue:

If you are a new player and you think about joining Smite, please don't do that huge mistake. You are at a risk of being matched among guys of no way close to your initial skill level and account level.

If your friend recommends you to play Smite, don't do that because once you party with them, the matchmaking gives a big "fuck you" towards you as a new player. A high level friend might be alright but you are at a risk of being hunted a lot if enemies see someone acting very noobish (because this is how mostly players act).

If you decide to play with high level friend, be prepared to be shit talked about how you suck in general because this community, like its game, doesn't care whether you are entirely new or not. You might be new but you can be reported wrongfully only because other guys think you are actually a 30 lvl troll.

If you decide to play with high level friend, be prepared to reactions like "so ez, nab team, gege get rekt, uninstall the game, haha we rock" and other (as I find proper to call them) demoralizations towards you which may be very bad in general.

If you are a high level friend and want to invite new friends into Smite. Basically, just don't. But if you do, just warn them about all these issues and how they are never changing.

If you are a high level friend and want to play with those new friends, be prepared to be blamed aswel for bringing those new players with you in party and reported respectievely because you suddenly brought new players into this game.

Final Words:

If you are a high level friend and you want to play with new players but you want to truely help them, there is a thing named "smurfing". Sure, it may help but:

1) why should you waste your time on smth you are not going to use anyway after certain point.
    2) smurfing like that may create some negative experience for enemy players if they are new. Sure, you are a high level player, want to play with new guy, and create a smurf to please new guy while creating huge negativeness towards other new guys (expecially in enemy team).
    3) related to point 1 but it's about referral rewards. Why should you waste that time if you can gather rewards together.

P.S: If you are really thinking about playing some MOBA games but thinking about Smite, you'd better find another games. I have personally played a lot of games of MOBA/Hero-based genre and I am safe to say that Smite has the worst matchmaking out there. Even not so much popular Paragon, Awesomenauts (which is going free-to-play very soon) are much much better and think about new players instead of Smite developers.

That's all.
    Last edited by Raptoriuzz; 05-12-2017 at 05:52 AM.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran Party Person
    I want to say that the best way to play with your new friends is to make a smurf account and all begin in lvl 1

This will lower the playerskills, but be aware that other people are smurfing just to have fun killing noobs

Smurfing is nothing we can do about unless the you have to buy it, in order for you to get it, and you can only have 1 account ( like overwatch/ for honor)

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindal View Post
    I want to say that the best way to play with your new friends is to make a smurf account and all begin in lvl 1

This will lower the playerskills, but be aware that other people are smurfing just to have fun killing noobs

Smurfing is nothing we can do about unless the you have to buy it, in order for you to get it, and you can only have 1 account ( like overwatch/ for honor)
    The smurfing is a disgusting thing to do regardless. Even if you wanna play with new friends. Smurfing shouldn't be a universal tool but as far as I can see there are no other options because noone cares about these problems I mentioned in my initial post. And everyone uses "it's working as it should" while we all know it shouldn't do such things.
    Last edited by Raptoriuzz; 05-12-2017 at 07:32 AM.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    I agree 100% with this post.
    When my friends told me about smite, they also warned me about the toxic community.

I have played a lot of games and of course every now and then you run into keyboard warriors. I knew going into smite that it would most likely have some of those players like all other games but I wasn't prepared for how incredibly toxic the community was even though I was warned about it.

I feel most of this toxicity is due to the shit matchmaking. It's like.. 90% of your games, you're going to get a toxic player(s) on your team, an unfair match, deal with little to no balance at all.
    It gets really repetitive and unfun after a while.

It's so rare to find that one game where your team is all just as experienced as you and they know how to play and they're nice to you.. but those are the games when your enemies are the ones dealing with toxic teammates, unfair matches, and little to no balance at all.

Smite is just a game of who gets the sharper end of the stick.
    Debunk'd

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    You looked a bunch of arena matches man. Arena doesn't matter, at all, ever, for any reason. You can't recommend or not recommend something on arena haha. Its a bonafide test mode that's it. How about you play a real mode first

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 2,175
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoriuzz View Post
    The smurfing is a disgusting thing to do regardless. Even if you wanna play with new friends. Smurfing shouldn't be a universal tool but as far as I can see there are no other options because noone cares about these problems I mentioned in my initial post. And everyone uses "it's working as it should" while we all know it shouldn't do such things.
    Disagree. Smurfing is what you should be doing to bring new players into smite. Otherwise you're bringing news into a lil 30 game.

You're ruining everyone's game when you do this. Im level 30 with thousands of games under my belt. No player wants to be in a game with or against sub level 30 if theyre expecting lvl 30s.

add insult to injury, you think any player will want to play a game where they get stomped constantly and cant win? Good experienced players get mauled for putting more than one toe out of line. Your friends are going miles out of line, and probably don't even understand that line even exists. They have no idea why theyre getting shit on and camt win any engagement.

The smite matchmaking system is designed so a lvl 30 will never play against anyone below lvl 25 unless theyre in a party. it will look at levels first, then elo, then figure out a match. And even then, jt will always spit the party into a lvl 30 match simce one person in the party is lvl 30.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 05-12-2017 at 10:32 AM.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post
    You're ruining everyone's game when you do this.
    How is this with smurfing situation. Like I create a new account, queue with new friends and start stomping on new players that are in an enemy team. This is ruining experience for them aswel.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    How about you play a real mode first
    How about arena is more popular than any other gamemode and if Arena can't match or balance properly, what would be in conquest if all gamemodes are using same algorythm?

Awww, look. Serious gamemode when enemy team has more SGS: http://smite.guru/censor/match/44859

But wait, it is supposed to be serious and real. If it is, why such examples exist.
    Last edited by Raptoriuzz; 05-12-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Member Follower xDarksacrificex's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    The problem is matchmaking. It always was bad, in season 4 with the ELO reset it become even worse.
    I can agree with KingScuba, when you bring low level players to your 30 account party you should have expect lvl 30 enemies(it was like this always)so smurfing is best what you can do about that for both(your friends, and your lvl 30 enemies/allies). Maybe you can disagree with that because of the rewards you would get for playing with your friends aka "Hi-Rez supports you in this"

http://smite.guru/censor/match/43053 here is a game I have played as Amaterasu(however their player levels are they current player levels not the one they had back then). I was level 30 player and I got 4 allies below lvl 30 vs almost full lvl 30 enemy team(vulcan had 26 if I recall correctly). I tried to hold back my rage on them, but I have started to complain how I can have dealt more damage than they did? Anubis said he is lvl 13... and I stopped complaining. This forced me to check this match on smite.guru and I was in shock when I seen this shit. I didn't ever think I can get 4 low level players in my team while I am lvl 30. Why Hi-Rez will not close them all together in some kind of box so they will never get into lvl 30 games? They need to learn every god to know ways to counter and play them. Once they will hit lvl 30 they will be in games with lvl 30 players with some at least basic knowledge about the gods...

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoriuzz View Post
    How about arena is more popular than any other gamemode and if Arena can't match or balance properly, what would be in conquest if all gamemodes are using same algorythm?
    Arena is the most popular because it's easy to pick up and play. It's the shortest the easiest and the most forgiving. Because there is such a high pool of players for arena it just throws them into matches without much calculation.

Because conquest is hard, most people don't bother with it. That means that only high people play it because they understand everything about the game (for the most part.) Some low people play it but a lot less than arena.