Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A player has left the game..........

Junior Member Senior Minion Real Garden of Eden's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    Unfortunately, if memory serves, Hi-Rez has commented on the fact that the system they currently use can't tell the difference between;
    Player A: Who rage quit to go play some other game
    and
    Player B: Who got disconnected from the internet

Because to their system, the player left the game. I actually don't know of any system in use that can tell this difference.
    More players seem to "Disconnect" to play other games I've only seen a few true disconnects. I'd say if a player quits 20 games in a 2 week spam they take a 2-4 week lockout
    Guns don't kill people, I kill people with guns

Junior Member Senior Minion playcat2's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Yeah I've seen many disconnect quits myself, and you can tell because they got mad during the game. I've even done this a few times, but only like 2 times. And intentionally feeding I think I've only done one. The problem is when people do it over and over again. YOu do have to understand the nature of the game as it makes people mad.

Another issue I've run into in the past, at least with Dota, was player reports. So you go on mic, voice chat during game, and if somehow they don't like you they report you, and they tell everybody else to report you. And then in Dota you're sent to lower bracket matchmaking, which in Dota you can't get out until 3 wins. So I just straight up left that one. It seems in Smite it happens also, as I've notice when I got report notifications, and sometimes not, the skill of the people I'm playing with seemed a lot worse. So I'm guessing there's something like this too in Smite. I think that's a problem in general with MOBAs, when they go on a long time.

Junior Member Senior Minion
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Achievements:
    Well, it should be possible to tell if player disconnected on purpose on console and they could easily implement ban for such person. Of course I am not talking about corner case like unplugging console from power.

The truth is that HI-REZ don't care about increasing quality of matches, they are too afraid of losing their player base.

Junior Member Senior Minion playcat2's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Achievements:
    Well if you've read the article on the program they use for the matchmaking, it's very sophisticated. But you have to understand everything going on, limited amount of people and time, the number of people playing in that rank at one time (elo). It's true if you let matchmaking go on too long, depending on the type of game, people will just stop the queue. The trick is to balance that. I know in some games like UFC 2 in Ultimate Team, the matchmaking is absolutely horrible, and I think most people would gladly wait a much longer time for what they give in that mode. The negative of people leaving due to horrendous mismatching is worse than the positive of having quick matches, and for game like that I would happily wait to around 5 mins, and I guess most people would wait to around 2 mins or so. For a game like Smite which is longer in duration, people can stand to wait awhile, and it seems to be good where it is right now, at least on PlayStation. You have to realize on console people play many different games, while on PC (in my experience), people play just 1 or 2 games. And those games tend to be the big name games, like LoL, Counter Strike, Dota, and a few others.

Senior Member Honoured GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Garden of Eden View Post
    More players seem to "Disconnect" to play other games I've only seen a few true disconnects. I'd say if a player quits 20 games in a 2 week spam they take a 2-4 week lockout
    Hi-Rez can't tell the difference.

Sure you can report that person both in game and out of game for leaving, But the issue is the system Hi-Rez has...a player getting "Disconnected" due to lag or whatever and a plyer "disconnecting" to go play OverWatch registers the same. I.E. A player has "Disconnected".

As far as I know, there is no system currently in use that can difference these two things.

Even if you reported them, it takes a myriad of reports (I don't know the actual number value) that Hi-Rez needs to receive on <insert player name here> before they will do anything.

They can't just ban people for 2-4 weeks because of people getting "Disconnected" from games. They have to carefully look through the reports. A person who willfully "Disconnects" from games and a kid whose internet isn't that great, play the scenario in your head. That person who did it because he wanted to...sure a 2-4 week ban is more than proper. But that kid whose internet isn't great. How is a 2-4 week ban from one of the few games he plays frequently and has friends who play frequently fair? It isn't. Maybe his family can't afford better internet. Maybe he doesn't own a lot of games, so plays free ones.
    Last edited by GameVeteranAzure; 07-19-2017 at 08:15 AM.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack