Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The right way to try new gods

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class

The right way to try new gods

I thought this was kinda obvious but, judging from other threads, seems I'm being original.

What do you do when you want to try a brand new god before going in against players? Don't go for jungle practice. It's basically useless. You can try your damage against bots without items and that's all.

Instead, start a custom game. Set it to 1v1, pick joust or conquest and fill the other space with a bot of your choice. You can try many things this way: a regular level 1 1500 start, a level 5 start for the ultimate, lots of money for a full build (the enemy will also start with a full build), level 20 for end-game stats. Pick a tanky god, like Hercules, and they'll build tanky.

In a custom game, unlike jungle practice, you can also learn something very important: your clear capacity against any enemy - see if you get underleveled against an Anubis or Neith, for example. Bots are stupid and easy to kill, but at least they move so you can learn how to aim your skillshots. They also attack you competently (meaning they land their stuff), so you can test your defense.

Of course, don't expect to be good with that. Just to understand the very basics without pissing off fellow players.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    I use jungle practice just to get a feel for using the god's abilities and test numbers. Then I throw myself to the wolves to see how I do. I do Joust for heightened instalocking ability, then wait before trying the god in Conquest, since that's going to be a hot mess because of how roles work.
    Last edited by SirKeksalot; 05-10-2017 at 06:55 PM.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Swoonis's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I also do Jungle practice to get a feel, and then just play.

If you're particularly bad at the god, oh well. Everyone starts somewhere.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxInterior View Post
    understand the very basics without pissing off fellow players.
    whats the correct way to do it if you don't care about pissing people off? Instalock and say fill and sometime in the middle of the game inform them that they suck at carrying you?

I'd say people should consider themselves lucky if I even bothered to load up jungle practice to fire off the skills a few times. "alright! All 4 abilities work! test fire is complete, time to go live"

I mean... actually.. really... they should consider themselves lucky if I read anything yet.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Casual reminder: Do this only if you're below level 30. Otherwise, Normal queue will provide far better results since you go against players of still pretty similar skill straight away.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,478
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    I just queue Clash and go against players simple as that and never had any problems when i do this way its not like i have fed 0/20 with new god on first match against real players
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    I just go normal games. Pick Morrigan and ult into said new god.

That, or just play Assault. Plenty of gods I've tried there for the first time.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Casual reminder: Do this only if you're below level 30. Otherwise, Normal queue will provide far better results since you go against players of still pretty similar skill straight away.
    I don't get it. I'm just saying what to do before heading off to the game with a god for the first time. You're saying it's better going right away into a game?
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Whodat2345's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Personally I go into medium arena practice with AI and play for 5min or so. Just enough to use ultimate a couple times and get a feel.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxInterior View Post
    I don't get it. I'm just saying what to do before heading off to the game with a god for the first time. You're saying it's better going right away into a game?
    If you're level 30, yes.
    Bots will give you nothing if you have the required minimum of experience with the game in general.
    wtb new signature