Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How else can I learn?

Member Follower CorruptSovereign's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points

Unhappy How else can I learn?

Just recently I decided to main Tyr I find him and his kit all around enjoyable and I'd like for him to be my first Diamond Warrior but recently I've been receiving way more hate and threat of report coming my way I've been told many things from

"Don't play Tyr again" (I blinked into a wall and used my 1 missing completely)

"Nice ultimate Faggot uninstall" (I hit him with my ultimate but missed my 1)

"Fucking useless worst Tyr" ( Because I didn't ult into a team)

So I guess what I'm trying to say is what should I do to learn a god other than play him in joust and learn from my fuck ups I'm not even rank 1 with Tyr and I've gotten so much hate from people expecting diamond level plays from me it tilts me bad should I just mute m teammates from here on out until I get the basics or should I just play Tyr in arena until I understand how to use his 1+2 combo

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Anjokh's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    When you first use a god, you will be unfamiliar with their kit and playing Arena helps you to develop a basic understanding for the kit and how well it works in certain situations. The other skill it teaches you is how well the god synergises with another god.

It is a good idea to use him in arena for practice.
    I play Smite on the PS4. PSN is Anjokh

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Whodat2345's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Just play and have fun. The people who are always yelling are never any good to begin with lol. But I think arena is good place to practice your combos. Happy playing

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 919
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Try him against AI or in arena were you don't have to worry about towers. The reason I say AI is usually they won't dodge as much so learn the art of making complex plays with Tyr when the enemy doesn't really dodge. Also you really need to becareful about gods that move the enemy. You can actually hurt a team with some bad Tyr plays like moving them out of damage.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Those quotes sound like something I would say to a player who doesn't practice gods in coop or jungle practice and set up items in god builder for them before playing them in normal/ranked matches.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 05-09-2017 at 03:39 PM.
    Debunk'd

Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by James720 View Post
    Those quotes sound like something I would say to a player who doesn't practice gods in coop or jungle practice and set up items in god builder for them before playing them in normal/ranked matches.
    Pretty good but ai seems to only want to play the same 5 Gods over and over and over. If you pick one of these guys or more than one, they will just use the same guy 3-5x. Also there is only skill lvls up to medium so once you get good, co-op can get pretty easy and repetitive. I won't truly learn anything but thank you for your useless and uninspired suggestion.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 05-09-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Tyr is probably one of the hardest Gods to master, and that one little mistake matters SOOO much on him. While a good play can mean 2-3 people dead just like that. When I have good games on Tyr I'm like yeah "Im the man!" and when I have bad I just wanna run and hide.
    Rocking the boat

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Kajnake's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Lol
    Doesnt matter how bad/good ur tyr is
    Ur a smite player, and that in solo q makes you a hate magnet
    C ya... ...nide

Member Worshipper Lagministrator's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Few things:
    Generally, people who flame aren`t worth your time. If you genuinely want to learn, find people to play with. Also voice coms voice coms and voice coms. Playing with players who are better than you is the only real way to get better.

Find a way to stream or record matches and rewatch them. It helps.

Ignore god builder. Having general build knowledge is so much more useful than building the same items. The search function in game is easy, that's all you need. Combine that with the fact that items change every patch and an increasing god count makes ever growing god pools harder to maintain in the god builder when changes happen.

Anyone who tells you you can get better in coop or jungle practice is fooling themselves. There you can learn numbers, and that`s about it. You can't learn how to use a kit in combat vs real players, or how far is overextended, or when to push a fight... Only playtime can help you.

As for Tyr, there are about 8 ways to build/play him. You might just have to change playstyles, or it might just take practice, that will be up to you though.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagministrator View Post
    Few things:
    Generally, people who flame aren`t worth your time. If you genuinely want to learn, find people to play with. Also voice coms voice coms and voice coms. Playing with players who are better than you is the only real way to get better.

Find a way to stream or record matches and rewatch them. It helps.

Ignore god builder. Having general build knowledge is so much more useful than building the same items. The search function in game is easy, that's all you need. Combine that with the fact that items change every patch and an increasing god count makes ever growing god pools harder to maintain in the god builder when changes happen.

Anyone who tells you you can get better in coop or jungle practice is fooling themselves. There you can learn numbers, and that`s about it. You can't learn how to use a kit in combat vs real players, or how far is overextended, or when to push a fight... Only playtime can help you.

As for Tyr, there are about 8 ways to build/play him. You might just have to change playstyles, or it might just take practice, that will be up to you though.
    Thank you for you response this really puts things into perspective for while reading this I realize I may have been to hard on myself too soon and I've only played 10 or so games with him I guess I have to get stomped before I can truly learn how to counter play and make the most of his kit