Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New forum layout

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,748
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class

New forum layout

Hey guys. Im planning on consolidating the forums due to being bloated. I plan on removing smite pc, smite console, and mac forums.

Heres the changes i plan on (i plan on removing some forums, like the expo viewing party forum). This is a rough draft, and nothing is finalized.

Before i do any large changes, i figured i'd get comments from you guys as well.

This layout will get rid of 12 forums in total, most of them parent forums (we'll be going from 27 parent forums and 7 categories to 17 parent forums and 3 categories)

Official
    --- News And Announcements
    ------- PC News
    ------- Console News
    --- Bug Reporting (with pc, mac, xbox, and ps4 prefixes)
    --- Technical support
    ------- Pc
    ------- Mac
    ------- Ps4
    ------- Xbox
    --- Smite Tactics
    ------- Questions / Asking For Keys
    --- Forum Specific
    ------- Forum Announcements
    ------- Forum Help

Community
    --- Introduce yourself
    --- General smite discussion
    ------- Playing Now
    --- Strategy and Gameplay
    --- Competitive Discussion (with pc and console prefixes)
    ------- ESport events (with console and pc prefixes)
    --- Looking For Group
    ------- Pc
    ------- Xbox
    ------- Ps4
    --- Art and Media
    ------- Cosplay
    ------- Community Content
    ------- Official content Discussion
    ------- God and Skin Concepts

Suggestions and Feedback
    --- God feedback
    --- Item feedback
    --- Misc feedback
    --- Console feedback
    --- Mac feedback

Off Topic (Renamed from Miscellaneous)
    --- General discussion (Renamed from Off Topic)
    --- Serious discussion
    --- Graphics
    --- Other Games (maybe)
    Last edited by KingScuba; 05-08-2017 at 08:02 PM.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I never understood why theres even PC General Discussion so im all up for it to be removed lol
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,157
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Actually looks cleaner
    NOODLE FREEDOM FIGHTER!
    Also the potato queen

And Dragon princess
    Miyo is love. Miyo is MiyoBatman. Test.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    I still see no need for the reddit-repost bot to be back on the forums when Reddit is already more popular than the forums. Ponpon disabled it and everything was fine without it. If people want to see things from reddit than they should visit the reddit itself, no need for a bot.

However I do feel like there needs to be a Console General Discussion as PC/Console are never on the same patch.
    Last edited by Goobis; 05-07-2017 at 05:10 PM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,151
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    The SmiteReddit bot is annoying, because it pops up on the most-recent of the subforum, which makes me wonder if there's actually new forum posts in the general discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    I still see no need for the reddit-repost bot to be back on the forums when Reddit is already more popular than the forums. Ponpon disabled it and everything was fine without it. If people want to see things from reddit than they should visit the reddit itself, no need for a bot.
    Kaostic disabled it. It was somehow reactivated during the time that PonPon was the community manager. I know this, because I asked about it a few days after it was reactivated. And he said...

Quote Originally Posted by HiRezPonPon View Post
    Neat, I will need to track that down. And I thought I fixed that Time to try again.
    Never did.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    I never understood why theres even PC General Discussion so im all up for it to be removed lol
    Basically this, if you join them there will be even more discussion than if they were split, so yeah, it would be great.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    looks good
    delete fat
    i need to make it clear that objectively speaking raijin is the most attractive god in this game

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,748
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    @gong, I asked for it to be re enabled, and so it was. My idea is that it'll give people who like both spaces ease of access. These forums are dead my man. I'm simply trying in my own way to get the forum more active.

One of the ways to do that is condensing the forums and funneling topics into less subforums. If we need to branch out later, then we will.

If you really don't like the smite reddit bot, you can simply add it to your ignore list via settings. Should stop you from seeing updates.

I've also got a (hopefully) 10 week long event lined up for the forums. (More information coming Wednesday)

@Goobis, I'd double check the Smite console GD. All I really see is complaints that "Console isn't like PC". aka, not a lot of discussion anywho.

Edit : Made a minor tweak to the forum layout idea. (Moving things into the "Official" category)

Edit 2: Made another minor tweak (Moving reddit reposts out into its own parent forum in the "Community" Category)
    Last edited by KingScuba; 05-07-2017 at 08:53 PM.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Senior Member Prestigious Dmantakae's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Get rid of G&G private subforums, add more subforums for Smite Tactics,

Merge Forum Announcements and Forum Help to and call it something Forum related (Description : News and announcements regarding the forums. If you require assistance with something forum related, ask here). I see people still confuse it with the Help and Support section.

Add a specific section for Dman to Post gifs.

Also, Lol, why am I still a mod here.

Edit - Double lol, who decided to bring back Reddit reposts? Redditbot is the worst.
    Ex-Smite forums Lead mod, currently Paladins forum lead mod

Goodbye Smite forums <3

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,157
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmantakae View Post
    Get rid of G&G private subforums, add more subforums for Smite Tactics,

Merge Forum Announcements and Forum Help to and call it something Forum related (Description : News and announcements regarding the forums. If you require assistance with something forum related, ask here). I see people still confuse it with the Help and Support section.

Add a specific section for Dman to Post gifs.

Also, Lol, why am I still a mod here.

Edit - Double lol, who decided to bring back Reddit reposts? Redditbot is the worst.
    Don't merge Announcements and help. Announcements are that and that alone and don't needa be mixed with help.

And Scuba brought dat damn bot back.
    NOODLE FREEDOM FIGHTER!
    Also the potato queen

And Dragon princess
    Miyo is love. Miyo is MiyoBatman. Test.