Thread: How Do I Build Assassins? (Arena/Clash/Joust/Siege)

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead XTG7Z's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 281
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Question How Do I Build Assassins? (Arena/Clash/Joust/Siege)

Sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum to be posting this, so if a moderator could redirect me, it'd be helpful. Thank you.

I figured there are two types of Assassins. Those who are ability based like Thor, Camezotz and Fenrir. And those who are basic attack based like Kali, Arachne and Bakasura. I'd like to be able to learn how to play the ability based assassins. More specifically(in no particular order), Thor, Camezotz, Fenrir and Bastet. I've seen people build basic attack builds on these gods, so I'm not saying they're not basic attack able. I just feel that their kits rely more on their abilities rather than there basics. Now, as far as item wise builds goes, I've been sticking around these items in particular(in no particular order): Brestplate, Heartseeker, Jotun's, Titan's Bane, Transcendance, Warrior Tabi and Hydra's. I have considered some other items such as Mantle, Void Shield, any of the hammers in the Cudgel tree, situational items like Magi's Blessing, Winged Blade, Ancile, Gladiator's Shield, and such. I'm just looking for input, really, on my builds. If I've been building wrong. Are there items I could make better use of. When to build which items. Should I build pen earl on, or build it later? When/if do I build a defense item?

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 533
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Ability Assassins eh?

Standard build is something like:

Warrior Tabi > Heartseeker > Hydra's Lament > Brawler's Beatstick > Titan's Bane > Masamune

There are however some differences for some specific Ability Assassins though:

Thor, tends to not AA too much, so he usually will want to trade Hydra's for Jotunn's for the extra CDR.

Bastet wants all the Pen in the world, so she'd build Jotunn's and The Crusher instead of Masamune/Hydra (Heart > Jotunn > Brawler > Titan > Crusher)

Camazotz and Fenrir are special, in that typically, they're build Bruiser, rather than Assassin.

Fenrir usually starts off Assassin, then later builds tanky (Unless he snowballs hard) something like:

Warrior Tabi > Jotunn's > Titan's > Hide of the Urchin > Spirit Robe > Mantle of Discord

While Camazotz tends to build Bruiser all game (For most people, I prefer standard Assassin build on him) so something like:

Warrior Tabi > Urchin > Shifter's Shield > Titan's > Runic Shield > Void Shield

But really it all depends on how a game goes.

As far as when to build a defence item? If you're getting killed a lot. Usually will be something like Magi's Blessing/Stone of Gaia/Winged Blade to absorb some CC that's getting thrown at you. But something like Pestilence isn't out of the question if you're getting blown up by a mage consistently.

Pen should be built around 3rd/4th item. That's generally when enemies start getting protections online. Though, if there's a healer BUILD BRAWLERS RIGHT AFTER BOOTS NO EXCEPTIONS. Seriously, so many people mess up that one it's unreal (For example, I destroyed a game of Clash yesterday as Aphro, in part because no anti-heal was bought by enemies until 5th/6th item... By which point I'd already snowballed my team to a huge lead by allowing a Nemesis and Sobek to go as ham as they wanted under towers/phoenix...)
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Osiris, Scylla, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I'm trying to get into camazotz since he is so apparently unpopular, I'm attracted to the unpopular gods.

I understand he needs to be tanky since he has no significant escape ability other than the ult itself which is then wasted. But surely he needs some CDR too right or are you just waiting around until he can finally use his abilities again?

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 533
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chang Ughhhh View Post
    I'm trying to get into camazotz since he is so apparently unpopular, I'm attracted to the unpopular gods.

I understand he needs to be tanky since he has no significant escape ability other than the ult itself which is then wasted. But surely he needs some CDR too right or are you just waiting around until he can finally use his abilities again?
    CDR can be nice, if you can fit it in. However it's not that necessary. Especially since his AA's will hit like a truck thanks to his power boost.

As I say, I tend to play him more Assassin style, without any defences or CDR and do just fine with him.
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Osiris, Scylla, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    TBH it depends on the game mode and the match up you have if you wanna have an optimal build.

Some games on thor you gotta have a little tank or you just get trashed while trying to spin. And if you can't spin fully then you are really wasting the potential of the god. Sure you can ult, hydra, 3 for 0.1s, hydra proc, 1, hydra and gtfo that works nice, but then you might as well play thanna. I like semi tanky thor myself, I like many assassins semi tanky actually. BOV if I really want cdr, Void for more dmg, dagger/winged, ancile/shoguns. Depends if I want cdr or more auto attack dmg. Bastet is way easier to get away with no tank cause she can get her combo off and leave in 1-2 seconds, if anything magis blessing can be picked up on her and that is more or less what she needs. However some games some prots aint wrong on her either.

example: Warrior, Void, Winged, Ancile, Exec, DB

One of the better alternatives to CDR is MS and more pene. That way you can spend your down time getting superior positioning and zone people out of fight, and maybe even auto attack someone that is out of position. Stone cutter, adventurers/winged for example. Not played cama much but I could defo see him with some ms, auto attack build.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 05-11-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    ability assassins not thor, cama or fen, still preferring warrior, jotunns, hydra, heartseeker, TB, brawlers.
    if u can't stack heart effectively usually will go crusher, sumtimes spirit robe.
    cant remember last time I went Trans on a sin.