Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: [SPOILS] So... The next goddess is going to be a waifu.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisitella View Post
    Im so happy for Su Daji, Gongsun and I have been waiting for a long time, now our dreams shall be answered <3
    I've been waiting for Su Daji ever since I first read Gongsun's concept design for her ^^

Senior Member Honoured lextragon's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 996
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter Full Profile! 1 year registered
    Are we going to see Ahri v2 ?

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by lextragon View Post
    Are we going to see Ahri v2 ?
    If my (somewhat meager) understanding of Daji is correct, Ahri would be the knockoff of her.

At the very least, the concept of the Korean Kumiho (which Ahri is) and the Japanese Kitsune derived from the Chinese nine-tailed fox spirit.

Senior Member Prestigious Trisitella's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxistaicho View Post
    If my (somewhat meager) understanding of Daji is correct, Ahri would be the knockoff of her.

At the very least, the concept of the Korean Kumiho (which Ahri is) and the Japanese Kitsune derived from the Chinese nine-tailed fox spirit.
    You are correct- All people saying Daji looks like Ahri is unsurprising since Ahri is based on Su Daji, Tomamo no Mae and other Hulijens/Gumihos/Kitsunes.

Su Daji and Tomamo no Mae simple being two of the most famous due to their prominance in lore, and appearances in many other games such as Tower of Saviors, Fate/Universe stuff among many other games
    ♥ ♥ Kiyohime is the OG Yandere! ♥♥

Can We Get Persephone In This Game Please?
    ==And Su Daji To, Please!==

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Su Daji and Tomamo no Mae simple being two of the most famous due to their prominance in lore, and appearances in many other games such as Tower of Saviors, Fate/Universe stuff among many other games
    Yeah and they're fuckin hot *ferociously licking cherry sounds*
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,151
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxistaicho View Post

Yes to both.

You are correct- All people saying Daji looks like Ahri is unsurprising since Ahri is based on Su Daji, Tomamo no Mae and other Hulijens/Gumihos/Kitsunes.
    And going further... the Japanese Tamamo is literally based on the Chinese Su Daji.

Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GongsunYiru View Post
    Yes to both.

And going further... the Japanese Tamamo is literally based on the Chinese Su Daji.
    Yes, not just "the equivalent" but said to be the very same fox spirit that went on to possess Tamamo

As far as people complaining about "OMG HER DRESS IS EVEN THE SAME CUT AS AHRI'S!?!?!?!111111??1!!" That isnt really a league rip of thing, so much as a Fox-being thing. Having an off the shoulder kimono is just fitting aesthetic for creatures who live to seduce. Some are evil, some truly love their 'victim" but the fact of the matter remains that these are very sultry beings. I see no problem with this style of dress being the particular theme for them, as other games have before:

Warrior of Orochi has a different design for Daji but its just.. odd for me no other way to put it. Her Tomamo skin has a nice head piece tho. Gods of Rome's Daji is boring looking to me aswell.

Forum Troll Honoured TheGodlyFist's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 697
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeydon View Post
    Regarding Nu Wa, her face doesn't even look Chinese to me. Way too sharp and Western. Looks rather like a white woman wearing a lot of eyeliner, pretending to be Asian. Her old model had the most fitting face.

And I hope they won't mess it up with Daji! But I won't set my expectations too high, I might get disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by daddysgirl69 View Post
    hirez cant make girls good
    HiRez can t make good anything, but we still love them.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,151
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Yes, not just "the equivalent" but said to be the very same fox spirit that went on to possess Tamamo
    That's not correct, since the Japanese Tamamo is derived from the Chinese Daji, but the former incarnation is non-existent in the Chinese original.

• In fact, the Chinese lore tells that the goddess Nuwa punished and led to the downfall of Daji.
    • Whereas, the Japanese lore tells that she fled to Japan instead, only to end by being shot by two human archers and her dead body turning into a poisonous pebble.

Nonsense attempt at a sequel IMO, and an even more uninspiring ending.

As far as people complaining about "OMG HER DRESS IS EVEN THE SAME CUT AS AHRI'S!?!?!?!111111??1!!" That isnt really a league rip of thing, so much as a Fox-being thing. Having an off the shoulder kimono is just fitting aesthetic for creatures who live to seduce. Some are evil, some truly love their 'victim" but the fact of the matter remains that these are very sultry beings. I see no problem with this style of dress being the particular theme for them, as other games have before:
    The Chinese wore the hanfu (see images).

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by GongsunYiru View Post
    That's not correct, since the Japanese Tamamo is a copy of the Chinese Daji, but the former is non-existent in the original Chinese mythology.

• In fact, the Chinese lore tells that the goddess Nuwa punished and led to the downfall of Daji.
    • Whereas, the Japanese lore tells that she fled to Japan instead, only to end by being shot by two human archers and her dead body turning into a poisonous pebble.

Nonsense attempt at a sequel IMO, and an even more uninspiring ending.
    So- it is just the Japanese version where it is the same fox who went on to possess? Because I am sure I read that it was a related case(?)

But regardless we shall take the Chinese one for "truth" atm since we are dealing with a Chinese Goddess

Also, yes, I apologize for using a blanket term when the correct term is Hanfu, but I was more talking about the cut of the dress and that Fox-beings typically wear an off the shoulder dress that is either open or short below the waist.