Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How far does being nice really get you?

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuruza View Post
    What is that even supposed to mean? So the less I'm expecting to get anything from being nice, the more I'll get? I wish that was true for my case...
    Being nice without being entitled makes you a lot nicer, which in turn gives off a far more positive impression. Basically, be just as nice but be tolerant when other people aren't as willing, or successful.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Want an honest answer?
    If my teammates BM me or are rude to me, that drastically effects my performance.
    I have no motivation at all to help someone who is being a jerk to me win a game.
    Example : If i'm Khepri and you're BMing me.. let's just say you're not getting revived.

So to answer your question.. Does being nice get you somewhere? Yes.
    Not only does it make me want to help you win because you'd be a rare gem in the smite community but it is the right thing to do.

Of course I care about performance but if you seem nice-- even if you're extremely bad, I'm not going to BM you or put you down.
    But that's just me.
    Debunk'd

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 532
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by James720 View Post
    Want an honest answer?
    If my teammates BM me or are rude to me, that drastically effects my performance.
    I have no motivation at all to help someone who is being a jerk to me win a game.
    Example : If i'm Khepri and you're BMing me.. let's just say you're not getting revived.

So to answer your question.. Does being nice get you somewhere? Yes.
    Not only does it make me want to help you win because you'd be a rare gem in the smite community but it is the right thing to do.

Of course I care about performance but if you seem nice-- even if you're extremely bad, I'm not going to BM you or put you down.
    But that's just me.
    Gotta love it when you can play gods where you can screw over your teammates on purpose, deservingly so too. And good to know that there are still people around here that don't crap on someone's player skill, despite almost everybody doing the exact opposite, because I guess being a dick to someone else who is struggling is really gonna help.
    When I fight, there is no enemy...

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran Full Profile!
    You get respect and sometimes even defended by the enemy team or your own for showing kindness and respect to those who hate.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    being nice has never gotten me anything in life
    delete fat
    i need to make it clear that objectively speaking raijin is the most attractive god in this game

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,724
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Keeps you from seeing my shiny ban hammer. Good enough reason imo.

In game, if you mouth off to me, ill ensure you rage harder by throwing the game while i get my own jollies. Whatchoo mean going into a 5v1 isnt smart as the main damage dealer!?!? Hold my beer and watch this

You especially don't want to bm me in joust. Ill go behind enemy lines anf proxy the wave a good 9 or 10 times to artificially snowball the enemy team.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 05-16-2017 at 09:22 AM.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 883
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post

In game, if you mouth off to me, ill ensure you rage harder by throwing the game while i get my own jollies. Whatchoo mean going into a 5v1 isnt smart as the main damage dealer!?!? Hold my beer and watch this

You especially don't want to bm me in joust. Ill go behind enemy lines anf proxy the wave a good 9 or 10 times to artificially snowball the enemy team.
    This reminded me of a recent conquest game I had

I was jungle and the solo blamed me for 2 deaths. First death he got completely solo'd and the 2nd time he had like 5hp and decided to go back in when I had already pretty much confirmed the kill to try and take it for himself (he died and I still got it). He went on a verbal rampage so I decided to spend the rest of the game proxying his waves.

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,724
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Quote Originally Posted by amelixo View Post
    This reminded me of a recent conquest game I had

I was jungle and the solo blamed me for 2 deaths. First death he got completely solo'd and the 2nd time he had like 5hp and decided to go back in when I had already pretty much confirmed the kill to try and take it for himself (he died and I still got it). He went on a verbal rampage so I decided to spend the rest of the game proxying his waves.
    When someone needs to be trolled for being a dick, you gotta go all in lmao
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 532
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post

Aren't you forgetting that trolling is just as much of a bannable offense as BM is? I think fighting fire with fire here really isn't the best thing to do, because as amusing it might be to watch clown fiesta games, you always can't help but cringe at the people making said games a clown fiesta.
    Last edited by Kuruza; 05-18-2017 at 01:46 PM.
    When I fight, there is no enemy...

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I can handle some BM but excessive stuff is unsexy whether its a good or bad player. I say some cause I know how frustrated you can be in teammates at times, or you had a shitty day There is a line though, somewhere its far from ok.

I think to be really good at smite consistently you need to keep a cool head and with that comes knowing a missed kill ain't the end of the world or game, and one disastrous team fight doesn't mean the game is over. If you anywhere close top tier you know bm during game only make you less likely to win though, that is a sure way to increase chances of defeat.

Also as for being nice in general, what goes around comes around. Your BM might tilt someone to BM his next game and round it goes. Same as being nice goes around the same way.

If people are super ass holes though no need to be nice back as they are already on that shit. But there might be others on your team and chances are they are not as random as you think. Maybe you will spend the next 2 games with them. Be the God that tried to make the best of what was given and Im sure some people will return that favor in later games and you will win more. If you just fuel the fire or start a chat war and spiral it into a loss well that is how people will remember it.

The kind of talk that goes on the lines, what is that item, why do you x. Can still be relevant and not necessarily bm, I learned much from people raging at me in chat over strategic choices. Sometimes its crazy talk ofc but when it makes sense it makes sense. And even if you tell an assassin why they have no antiheal in this matchup and they go loco, they probably will try antiheal the next game vs similar comp if they have any ambition of being good at the game.

Personally out of ranked I let people build and play how they like, cause its a video game. But if they start the rage on me and their build and play is not close to optimized they are in for some lessons back.
    Rocking the boat