Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Discussion over Ways to improve ranked

  1. #11
    Senior Member Prestigious Trisitella's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    ♥ Stalking Rainbow-Senpai ♥
    Posts
    3,829
    15
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by NARGH1990 View Post
    If it were a personal problem I wouldn't be the only person having an issue with it. Every lobby where I have LATAM teammates the non LATAM members of my team all say the merger was a mistake. Hell there's other players on this forum that know if was a stupid idea. How am I supposedly to make smart picks and bans when I can't talk to the people on my own team? If you like playing with them then queue up in their region super easy. I don't want to play with them and shouldn't be forced to do so
    2 problems with your complaint-

    Discrimination- locking people to their own server would be discriminating and assuming their ability to speak and communicate. You cant lock people to a realm and say "Sorry we assume you cant speak english please dont play here" that would cause to much issue for their latam player base, and is -as stated- flat out discrimination. This is not the sort of thing you want for your game, to alienate an entire region of player base.

    Further proof of discrimination on your part- you claim that you and your lobies speak against them.
    Quote Originally Posted by NARGH1990 View Post
    Every lobby where I have LATAM teammates the non LATAM members of my team all say the merger was a mistake.
    Communication- the ping system/V system is there for communication. It is there to serve specifically for team communication. As far as banning issues go, while it is an issue, its not exactly an issue that can be tied to LATAM players as a whole. Personal example if I dont agree with what someone wants to ban, I ignore their advice/request.

    My point being alot of issues you complain about will still very much occur even if your realm was locked to NA or EU only. People will still refuse to communicate with you just because- despite playing a team game, just dont feel like talking to you, and honestly are not forced to do so, if they choose not.
    ♥ ♥ Kiyohime is the OG Yandere! ♥♥

    Can We Get Persephone In This Game Please?
    ==And Su Daji To, Please!==

  2. #12
    Member Worshipper
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    255
    3
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisitella View Post
    2 problems with your complaint-

    Discrimination- locking people to their own server would be discriminating and assuming their ability to speak and communicate. You cant lock people to a realm and say "Sorry we assume you cant speak english please dont play here" that would cause to much issue for their latam player base, and is -as stated- flat out discrimination. This is not the sort of thing you want for your game, to alienate an entire region of player base.

    Further proof of discrimination on your part- you claim that you and your lobies speak against them.


    Communication- the ping system/V system is there for communication. It is there to serve specifically for team communication. As far as banning issues go, while it is an issue, its not exactly an issue that can be tied to LATAM players as a whole. Personal example if I dont agree with what someone wants to ban, I ignore their advice/request.

    My point being alot of issues you complain about will still very much occur even if your realm was locked to NA or EU only. People will still refuse to communicate with you just because- despite playing a team game, just dont feel like talking to you, and honestly are not forced to do so, if they choose not.
    Discrimination has nothing to do with it they had their own server before so why is it a problem for them now? If you can't speak English then don't play in NA servers. If I can't understand you then I don't want you. It brings down a team if I can't understand what you're saying in the lobby to let me know what you intend to do. Ever tried played ranked and swapping gods with a LATAM teammate? It's a nightmare cuz I have no idea what he's trying to ask me and he can't understand me either. I can't ping what fucking role I'm going to play in the god select. Like I said if you like them so much go queue with them because I shouldn't be forced to

  3. #13
    Senior Member Prestigious Trisitella's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    ♥ Stalking Rainbow-Senpai ♥
    Posts
    3,829
    15
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by NARGH1990 View Post
    Discrimination has nothing to do with it

    Quote Originally Posted by NARGH1990 View Post
    If you can't speak English then don't play in NA servers. If I can't understand you then I don't want you
    ♥ ♥ Kiyohime is the OG Yandere! ♥♥

    Can We Get Persephone In This Game Please?
    ==And Su Daji To, Please!==

  4. #14
    Member Worshipper
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    255
    3
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisitella View Post
    That's not discrimination so much as I want to understand my team. If you played ranked you'd understand

  5. #15
    Senior Member Prestigious Trisitella's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    ♥ Stalking Rainbow-Senpai ♥
    Posts
    3,829
    15
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by NARGH1990 View Post
    That's not discrimination so much as I want to understand my team. If you played ranked you'd understand
    I do play ranked, and I still disagree with you and fail to 'understand' how saying "I dont want people who are from [insert group here]" is some how in any way shape or imaginable form not discrimination.

    Secondly, you fail to address my major points of
    -Communication issues, will still occur even if locked to NA(Some people just will refuse to communicate for whatever reason)
    -Enemy team who win against you also have Latam players, they dont magically not have them when you do.
    -You are clinging to the picks and bans thing, when that will still be an issue if locked to NA, people will still ignore you and ban/pink whoever they want
    ♥ ♥ Kiyohime is the OG Yandere! ♥♥

    Can We Get Persephone In This Game Please?
    ==And Su Daji To, Please!==

  6. #16
    Member Worshipper
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    255
    3
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisitella View Post
    I do play ranked, and I still disagree with you and fail to 'understand' how saying "I dont want people who are from [insert group here]" is some how in any way shape or imaginable form not discrimination.

    Secondly, you fail to address my major points of
    -Communication issues, will still occur even if locked to NA(Some people just will refuse to communicate for whatever reason)
    -Enemy team who win against you also have Latam players, they dont magically not have them when you do.
    -You are clinging to the picks and bans thing, when that will still be an issue if locked to NA, people will still ignore you and ban/pink whoever they want
    I would rather be ignored than have someone who can't understand me. I'm tired of them locking in some shit and not saying the role they plan on going then we get in game and he plays ravana jungle so now we have a Mercury in solo lane because no English

  7. #17
    Senior Member Prestigious Trisitella's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    ♥ Stalking Rainbow-Senpai ♥
    Posts
    3,829
    15
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by NARGH1990 View Post
    I would rather be ignored than have someone who can't understand me.
    But your argument is that you do not want people who cannot speak english due to no communication- yet if you are being ignored it is the same thing. That person is ignoring your pings, your requests, or any input you have at all

    your argument is incredibly wish washy
    ♥ ♥ Kiyohime is the OG Yandere! ♥♥

    Can We Get Persephone In This Game Please?
    ==And Su Daji To, Please!==

  8. #18
    Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    9,993
    33
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    50
    Warning: Keep it without the discrimination here, complaining about lack of communication is fine as long as it doesn't devolve into racism. Not every LATAM can't speak English, not every EU/NA can.

    Also, why are you overcomplicating so much when language preference in matchmaking is a far easier solution?
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

  9. #19
    Senior Member Prestigious Trisitella's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    ♥ Stalking Rainbow-Senpai ♥
    Posts
    3,829
    15
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Warning: Keep it without the discrimination here, complaining about lack of communication is fine as long as it doesn't devolve into racism. Not every LATAM can't speak English, not every EU/NA can.
    Absolutely agree

    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Also, why are you overcomplicating so much when language preference in matchmaking is a far easier solution?
    I personally had not thought of this, would be the easiest solution though. You would still get the odd 'straggler' here and there no doubt but this would help. The only thing it would not do is ensure communication as some people, as I stated earlier- just wont talk to their team.
    ♥ ♥ Kiyohime is the OG Yandere! ♥♥

    Can We Get Persephone In This Game Please?
    ==And Su Daji To, Please!==

  10. #20
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Aryani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    53
    3
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    6
    Communication in an international game can always be a problem
    however keep in mind that with language preference, the Matchmaking could get pretty fucked up too

    The general VGS in SMITE is already the least of communication needed, with the role names. Everything above is just icing on the cake basically

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •