Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Discussion over Ways to improve ranked

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    New Member Cupidhead Dark_TigerLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1
    1
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386
    Rep Power
    0

    Discussion over Ways to improve ranked

    I believe that with the influx of almost weekly double XP, Worshippers and Favor, that the amount of people that are qualified to play ranked is broadening. While this is generally seen as good, there are some unintended consequences towards matchmaking in my experience. With the relatively low requirements for Conquest, 18 gods and becoming level 30 in-game, one can reasonably achieve this with very little experience of the game and the players often pass these "milestones" as well below average players. This causes them to lower the quality of games in the ranked matches they queue into. I propose that the requirements be heightened with a in-game play time floor and possibly a rank 10 God requirement. I believe that this is reasonably achieved because of the aforementioned Double Worshipper weekends. Leave your thoughts and critiques as you please

  2. #2
    New Member Cupidhead JotunnGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1
    1
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Rep Power
    0
    I agree. Increasing the entry requirements to ranked doesn't exclude people from playing Smite as they can continue playing Normal games, but it would provide a better quality match to those who have spent a great deal of time and effort to learning and improving their gameplay. Ranked Conquest especially requires a good team and one poor (not bad but less skilled or cooperative) player can ruin the match for some very good players. I am mostly thinking of the Smite PRO players that I see losing in ranked because of one or two difficult team mates. It's frustrating for them and boring for streamer audiences.

    Please can HiRez consider this in detail, it will greatly improve the gameplay for those who love the games so much and would give streamer audiences a better idea of what good players can achieve in an (relatively) evenly matched game.

  3. #3
    Member Worshipper MrBlack304's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    310
    3
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 668
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    only ranked 10 gods should be able to participate in any ranked mode. lets really tighten the belt.
    www.5Dclan.com
    WE ARE RECRUITING
    our Ts3 Server:
    63.210.145.160:9102

  4. #4
    Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,366
    25
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Rep Power
    11
    There should only be one change to rank.

    Make it so you need 50-100 conquest games placed before you can queue for rank. That gives you at LEAST 10 games for each role. Enough to learn each role, how conquest works, where to go and so forth. It's the easiest and most effective solution.

  5. #5
    Member Worshipper
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    255
    3
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    All I want is for the regions to be separated again. I can't win a single match with a LATAM teammate and it's getting out of hand. They aren't in the same skill level and ranked requires communication. Well more than "jungle noob" and "player bad report". That's doesn't help at all

  6. #6
    Senior Member Prestigious Trisitella's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    ♥ Stalking Rainbow-Senpai ♥
    Posts
    3,829
    15
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by NARGH1990 View Post
    All I want is for the regions to be separated again. I can't win a single match with a LATAM teammate and it's getting out of hand. They aren't in the same skill level and ranked requires communication. Well more than "jungle noob" and "player bad report". That's doesn't help at all
    ♥ ♥ Kiyohime is the OG Yandere! ♥♥

    Can We Get Persephone In This Game Please?
    ==And Su Daji To, Please!==

  7. #7
    Senior Member Honoured
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    830
    5
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisitella View Post
    couldn't resist.

  8. #8
    Member Worshipper
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    255
    3
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisitella View Post
    Ok well you continue to play ranked with people that can't speak English but for the rest of us it's almost always a loss. 90% of the people I end up playing with say the merger was a horrible idea. How is combining regions a good idea? Half the time they lag out anyway causing one sided games and even if they end up playing the whole time the game isn't competitive at all

  9. #9
    Senior Member Prestigious Trisitella's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    ♥ Stalking Rainbow-Senpai ♥
    Posts
    3,829
    15
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by NARGH1990 View Post
    Ok well you continue to play ranked with people that can't speak English but for the rest of us it's almost always a loss. 90% of the people I end up playing with say the merger was a horrible idea. How is combining regions a good idea? Half the time they lag out anyway causing one sided games and even if they end up playing the whole time the game isn't competitive at all
    Thats interesting and all- truly is, but- IF and I am saying IF having people from other realms is as much of an issue as you are claiming it to be then that means they are on the enemy team just as much as your team... yet as you have claimed in a previous post that you "Cannot win" with team mates who are not from your region, and the enemy does(?) Unless you want to claim that the enemy team magically does not people from different regions when you do, which is a pretty wild claim.

    Sounds like a personal issue TBH
    ♥ ♥ Kiyohime is the OG Yandere! ♥♥

    Can We Get Persephone In This Game Please?
    ==And Su Daji To, Please!==

  10. #10
    Member Worshipper
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    255
    3
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisitella View Post
    Thats interesting and all- truly is, but- IF and I am saying IF having people from other realms is as much of an issue as you are claiming it to be then that means they are on the enemy team just as much as your team... yet as you have claimed in a previous post that you "Cannot win" with team mates who are not from your region, and the enemy does(?) Unless you want to claim that the enemy team magically does not people from different regions when you do, which is a pretty wild claim.

    Sounds like a personal issue TBH
    If it were a personal problem I wouldn't be the only person having an issue with it. Every lobby where I have LATAM teammates the non LATAM members of my team all say the merger was a mistake. Hell there's other players on this forum that know if was a stupid idea. How am I supposedly to make smart picks and bans when I can't talk to the people on my own team? If you like playing with them then queue up in their region super easy. I don't want to play with them and shouldn't be forced to do so

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •