Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Something SMITE be able to learn from...

Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    I'd probably play League more if the archaic control system wasn't old 10 years ago. I feel like I'm going to sleep most of the time.

In all seriousness though I love their draft system and overall approach to ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by lBegTsel View Post
    I don't understand how people can play LoL...Mario has the same graphics so why would you play that shi.t in 2017 ?
    Because people are playing PS2 era graphics on Smite but it's fun so they play it?

Senior Member Prestigious Trisitella's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Believe it or not i enjoy playing Support in LoL but i hate it in Smite and idk why maybe in LoL Support champions are just way more cool and fun and i really love Blitz
    I wish chang'e, hel and aphro were able to be both mage and support
    i wouldnt mind getting auto filled if that were the case

LIke similar to Sona, she can be a mage or she can be a support, because of her insane scalling, there are many diamond and masters who play her mage exclusively even though shes supposed to be "support"

example: AWildAPSona on twitch
    ♥ ♥ Kiyohime is the OG Yandere! ♥♥

Can We Get Persephone In This Game Please?
    ==And Su Daji To, Please!==

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisitella View Post

LIke similar to Sona, she can be a mage or she can be a support, because of her insane scalling, there are many diamond and masters who play her mage exclusively even though shes supposed to be "support"

example: AWildAPSona on twitch
    In Smite you can Support me with Daji
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 837
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisitella View Post
    I keep hoping HiRez will add a new item slot to all gods that will change a skill so you can mix up how gods act so things like that becomes possible. There are a few gods that I would gladly play in other roles if only I could tweak one or two of their skills to support it.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoriuzz View Post
    What I hate in Smite:
    * The utter and complete lack of matchmaking. The fact that it consistently matches premades of 30th levels up against lowbies, because ONE person on the premade is a low level.
    * The community has become INSANELY toxic, especially at the lower levels.
    * Smurfing is so rampant that you typically see anywhere from 1-3 smurfs in every single match.
    * The fact that Hirez ENCOURAGES smurfing, to the detriment of actual new players, who get facestomped and then mocked by the smurfs for the crime of actually being new.
    * The fact that a competitive game allows you to hide your profile.
    * Actives lag. I can't tell you how many times I've died because I press my active and the game says "ehh, you know what? You don't wanna use that right now, lolz."

I could probably go on, but there are a lot of things about Smite that really irritate the hell out of me. To the point that I struggle to actually get myself to log in and play most days.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    idk why people who play smite are even trying to touch league's graphics have you seen the map or any of the character models? they just dont compare to league for the most part. sure league doesnt look nearly as good as heroes of the storm but... it still looks way better than smite and is much more visually consistent
    delete fat
    i need to make it clear that objectively speaking raijin is the most attractive god in this game

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by daddysgirl69 View Post
    idk why people who play smite are even trying to touch league's graphics have you seen the map or any of the character models? they just dont compare to league for the most part. sure league doesnt look nearly as good as heroes of the storm but... it still looks way better than smite and is much more visually consistent
    Smite is actually much better than LoL for graphics. Looking at one of their newest characters...

...Yeah, he almost looks like a slightly better model from Oblivion or something. Meanwhile, our newest fat boy really only has a few problems with the shape of his head.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeC9 View Post
    1. YOU CAN PICK YOUR ROLES BEFORE YOU QUE.No seriously you really can.There is a primary and a secondary role.The MM will try to match you with 4 people and attempt to give you your primary role.If it can't then it will go for your secondary and if it still can't then you will be forced to fill.After the game ends you will have "Auto fill protection" for 3 games.Meaning you have a 100% chance to get either your primary or secondary role.
    this thing should absolutely be in Smite. honestly, one of reasons why i personaly dislike conquest i a fact, that you going to play, lets say mid or solo, but ppl with lower ping just call for this role faster and you done...

Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    1. This just opens venues for trolling. Pick a role, the game matches you with people who expect to play that role, then refuse to play that role. Not only that, but Smite considers classes to be roles on the map, so this just means everyone will do the same meta comps all the time, which is lame. Also, almost nobody is going to choose support as one of their roles, so this will only increase queue times.
    so, you wanna say, that having ppl who forced to play some role they absolutely don't want to is better? also, having support who don't play/almost don't play supports, but forced to fill means the same as having troll for team, except a fact, that it ruins that guy's day too...
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    so, you wanna say, that having ppl who forced to play some role they absolutely don't want to is better?
    You're going to get that with this system anyway because nobody's going to pick support.

also, having support who don't play/almost don't play supports, but forced to fill means the same as having troll for team, except a fact, that it ruins that guy's day too...
    Again, there will be nowhere near enough people deliberately choosing to play support for this system to work.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Smite is actually much better than LoL for graphics. Looking at one of their newest characters...
    ...Yeah, he almost looks like a slightly better model from Oblivion or something. Meanwhile, our newest fat boy really only has a few problems with the shape of his head.
    you're comparing characters that arent even remotely similar in design and saying that one is better when there's no way to compare

and its actually just so convenient that one of leagues newest champions and smites newest champions share a similar design motif of dark purple and birds

the morrigan has less detailed feathers and much much blurrier lines when you look at the brown leather on her shoes and arm wraps compared to the ones on xaya's arms. xayah also has much more easy to see colours. normally id say this is difference of game aesthetic but its really just not. both characters feature dark purples, but xaytah's are much more clear and crisp and generally more aesthetically pleasing to see

it's also very important to note that champions are MUCH SMALLER than the gods in smite will be seen. so you have more detail on a smaller model, which makes the details harder to see, and the morrigan's much easier to see in contrast

and you know what happens in league when a champion gets a huge visual update? their skins get updates too.

this is the same skin before and after the updated model
    did vamana get this? no.

you're stuck with this ugly ugly skin until hirez decides to finish updating vamana
    delete fat
    i need to make it clear that objectively speaking raijin is the most attractive god in this game