Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Something SMITE be able to learn from...

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Party Person 1 year registered Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points

Something SMITE be able to learn from...

So I have been playing a lot of League of Legends recently.I got tired of getting trash teammates in SMITE and wanted to play a different MOBA for a while.There is a mode in the main 5v5 gamemode(what would be Conquest but for LoL).It's called "Draft Pick" and there is 2 things SMITE can learn from.

1. YOU CAN PICK YOUR ROLES BEFORE YOU QUE.No seriously you really can.There is a primary and a secondary role.The MM will try to match you with 4 people and attempt to give you your primary role.If it can't then it will go for your secondary and if it still can't then you will be forced to fill.After the game ends you will have "Auto fill protection" for 3 games.Meaning you have a 100% chance to get either your primary or secondary role.

2. Much shorter then the first one.There is more bans.SMITE has 8 bans and LoL has 10.Now take this with a huge amount of salt has this is only hearsay from me and I have done 0 research into this.But I have HEARD that they are planning on making the amount of bans 10 for each team.For a total of 20.I have no official word on this or looked into it whatsoever so if you play LoL or want to use this as a counter argument then assume it is wrong and look it up for yourself.
    You don't understand.Edgar is the one in the hole.

"Tell me again little Lamb.What is mine to take?"
    "All things dear Wolf.

"Never one."
    "Without the other."

Jing Wei is the best goddess in, SMITE, in everything. <3 #Notbiased

Jing Wei stats: 15 Godlikes 2 Penta's 4 Quadra's <3

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Its one of the main reasons why i like LoL so much becuz of the primary and secondary role queue system but you also gotta autofill your role and when u have played one game with autofill in your next game you are guaranteed to get your primary or secondary role so its a pretty nice system
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Party Person 1 year registered Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Its one of the main reasons why i like LoL so much becuz of the primary and secondary role queue system but you also gotta autofill your role and when u have played one game with autofill in your next game you are guaranteed to get your primary or secondary role so its a pretty nice system
    Yeah I enjoy it too.It is also nice to play a MOBA where every character doesn't have a thousand different forms of CC.Same way for not having 8 dashes and leaps for every character.
    You don't understand.Edgar is the one in the hole.

"Tell me again little Lamb.What is mine to take?"
    "All things dear Wolf.

"Never one."
    "Without the other."

Jing Wei is the best goddess in, SMITE, in everything. <3 #Notbiased

Jing Wei stats: 15 Godlikes 2 Penta's 4 Quadra's <3

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    1. I know, people have been harping about it for a while. Player base, etc. I personally think it is worth trying.
    2. I agree 100% that we need more bans. Two more at least for Conquest, but I would not be opposed to four more...
    Remember The Manticore

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    It would work in smite if there were more players. However smite right now has a way smaller playerbase than league, and its stretched across many regions, so any such system would make queue times extremely long. I think this is the main reason it hasnt been implemented yet.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    just play support and never get autofilled like me because playing support gives you autofill protection
    delete fat
    i need to make it clear that objectively speaking raijin is the most attractive god in this game

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    I perfer lol's item balance thats about it and the acceptance that the supp doesnt need to be bulky cc machine.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by daddysgirl69 View Post
    just play support and never get autofilled like me because playing support gives you autofill protection
    What if i hate playing support ?
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,095
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    It's like.

Every developer could learn from this/that game.

What I love in Smite compared to LoL and HOTS (because HOTS utilizes same hero buying system):

- easier ingame currency farm. Quests, first wins of the day, daily login really help to get characters/some skins you want.

What I love in LoL:

- Mark system after the match. Like saying that Your play was S+ means a lot already and this alone proves you tried so much to bring that win but you maybe lost a match.

What I love in HOTS:

- The queue system in quick play. Altho I am not a fun of their class system and how they place these heroes into respective classes, I still think it's something which is good and the game tries to balance around that fact alone. Also I love that a skin in Hots has some variants of color so you can pick what you like the most out of 3 colors which is cool I think.

-----

What I hate in Smite:

- No tutorial,
    - People not treating Conquest seriously,
    - Events with "win 3 games in different gamemodes" which creates so much antifun for so many players.

What I hate in LoL:

- The currency system is hella way too long to gather. Sure, first win helps, but giving the fact you want some characters, you want all runes possible and Riot making it already a very hard farming system. No quests, no bonuses. I am a medium term player and I still can't get those characters still.

What I hate in HOTS:

- The class system. Like why are some "assassins" are ranged and aoe and they are put vs those who are melee and single target. It's stupid and should be reworked.

Personal opinion.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    What if i hate playing support ?
    then you are weak and will be culled
    delete fat
    i need to make it clear that objectively speaking raijin is the most attractive god in this game