Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What do you think about: Manspreading.

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessore View Post

what an elated discussion
    I mean basically manspreading is an issue centered around sjws judging how men sit. The fact that both of the men they posted also happen to be white tells me quite a bit too.

If we want to be judgmental about how people carry on their lives, I think it wouldn't be a crazy thing to say that the thread creator hates men, hates whites and hates people who disagrees with them, which is kind of funny considering only that last one got her temp-banned. And yes, she's being hyper-judgmental if men aren't even allowed to SIT around her without being told they're bad in some way.

If we want to be sensitive little children we could make a post about punching feminists or something like that as a form of retribution. Stir some shit up. And yeah some people have done something like that in a response to modern-day feminism. But me? I'm just going to sit here and make fun of their stupid ideas because it's fully within the rules to call their ideas stupid.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    I didnt even know there was such thing as "manspreading"
    Oh my, you're missing so much internet.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead rapper256's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I find it's cool too. It looks like he's relax and he has self-confidence.

Senior Member Honoured redmist456's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 867
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Just saw this and jumping unto this bandwagon here...

To me, who is a guy, manspreading just...kinda happens tbh. Like I will try to sit properly, legs closed and all like a soldier would, but it naturally tends to split apart until I inadvertently manspread my legs.

Now I get it how sometimes, when sitting on a public place, that manspreading is annoying as you would be occupying more than one seat. However, despite me manspreading, I'd just sit up and let someone else take my chair. It's more comforting to me to know that someone is at rest sitting than me taking up the space of two people.

Now, to be honest, I also don't get as to why men are being criticized for manspreading (the ones who do it with moderation and limit themselves) since they have...you know....things between their legs. I get the extreme manspreading but...people who sit like this:

shouldn't be criticized at all. We need space between our legs so that "Little Johnny" can have a little breathing space. Standing up and offering your seat to a stranger, IMO, is the best thing to do in this situation. You are being polite, you are "stopping manspreading", and you are being a chivalrous person (though some feminists loathe chivalry as they see it as a form of debilitating women).

tl;dr: I do manspread but unintentionally. To avoid this, I just offer my seat to strangers. Moderate Manspreading should not be criticized for health reasons.
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

POLYNESIAN PANTHEON GOD CONCEPT THREAD

I'm also planning on starting a concept review (I'll try my best). If you want, PM me so I can review your concepts. Just a little something I want to do to become more connected to the SMITE community.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by redmist456 View Post
    Moderate Manspreading should not be criticized for health reasons.
    Well, that's where you are wrong. Manspreading, as well as mansplaining and manslamming, must be pointed out every single time it happens because it makes public spaces hostile to women and while many feminists are going to great lenghts in rooting out this manifestation of toxic masculinity they are ignoring the core issue - manliving. If we eradicate manliving, all of the other man- issues will go away which will make our society finally a safe place for women.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by jdouci View Post
    Well, that's where you are wrong. Manspreading, as well as mansplaining and manslamming, must be pointed out every single time it happens because it makes public spaces hostile to women and while many feminists are going to great lenghts in rooting out this manifestation of toxic masculinity they are ignoring the core issue - manliving. If we eradicate manliving, all of the other man- issues will go away which will make our society finally a safe place for women.
    Pointed out every single time? If that's the height of women issues, than wow... or it's just making a mountain out of a molehill.

Comments like this serves as an example of people who ram into the most inane little non-issue, causing real issues that plague women to be negated to the background.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 387
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    the guy in the first pic is hot
    delete fat
    i need to make it clear that objectively speaking raijin is the most attractive god in this game

Senior Member Honoured redmist456's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 867
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by jdouci View Post
    NOTE: I am not mansplaining here. That is not my goal. My goal is to only share my thoughts and opinions on the matter of Manspreading. Now that that's out of the way....

I can see the angle that you are coming from. To me, as a man, closing my legs squeezes and pinches my....thingies. And as I said, there are some extreme cases of manspreading that need to be addressed. Not the moderate ones that only do it so that they can have enough space for their thingies.

In matters of opinions on the matter, well, to each his own. Honestly, if it's an issue for everyone (yes, even other men are irked by men who take up more than two spaces by manspreading) I'd just ask them if they could move their legs. Gentlemen would just offer their seats if they really wanted to.
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

POLYNESIAN PANTHEON GOD CONCEPT THREAD

I'm also planning on starting a concept review (I'll try my best). If you want, PM me so I can review your concepts. Just a little something I want to do to become more connected to the SMITE community.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by redmist456 View Post
    NOTE: I am not mansplaining here. That is not my goal. My goal is to only share my thoughts and opinions on the matter of Manspreading. Now that that's out of the way....

I can see the angle that you are coming from. To me, as a man, closing my legs squeezes and pinches my....thingies. And as I said, there are some extreme cases of manspreading that need to be addressed. Not the moderate ones that only do it so that they can have enough space for their thingies.

In matters of opinions on the matter, well, to each his own. Honestly, if it's an issue for everyone (yes, even other men are irked by men who take up more than two spaces by manspreading) I'd just ask them if they could move their legs. Gentlemen would just offer their seats if they really wanted to.
    Just to be clear. Are we trolling each other or are you serious?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Sypherys's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points
    If there's people trying to sit next the "spreading" person, then it's a lack of education and civism. Only a few persons on Earth will like to touch your legs/knees while you act like nothing is happening around. There's no reason to be sat like this unless you've got a massive testicular cancer.

If there's no one around, no problem.
    Last edited by Sypherys; 07-28-2017 at 02:53 AM.