Thread: New MMR system problem

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 383

New MMR system problem

Hello guys

i played the joust quali with my mate 5lose/5win and he got platinum V and i got SILVER II!
    how is it possible? i played with mages and adcs i had positive stats

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Stats do not affect MMR gain/loss at all.

The way the system works is, it takes your ELO into account. ELO is a hidden number, and is as close to a "skill rating" as any online system has. It goes up when you win, and down when you lose. Of course, the higher/lower your opponent's ELO in regards to yours, the more you gain/lose upon winning and losing.

With the reset of the season, however, all ranked ELOs were supposedly reset. This means that, if HiRez' systems are designed like a normal, intelligent person would design them, both of you had your ranked Joust ELO reset to 1500 and thus gained/lost the same amount of ELO. Has your friend played either of the other ranked modes at all?
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 383
    no, we just played together 10 game nothing more. We didnt played any other ranked mod.
    Now i got GOLD 3... instant leveling from silver 2

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Praclili View Post
    no, we just played together 10 game nothing more. We didnt played any other ranked mod.
    Now i got GOLD 3... instant leveling from silver 2
    Many people are finding the Season 4 rankings to be... problematic.
    I do not mean to insult your skill, but do not be surprised if you hit platinum or even diamond with little to no effort. What was S3's Gold is S4's Diamond, few players in Diamond are as skilled as Diamond used to imply.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 666
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Tagger Third Class
    Im right there with you, before the reset I was platinum 2, I won 8 out of 10 qualifiers and was placed at silver 1... makes 0 sense but w.e hirez does w.e the fk they want whether its logical or not (mostly NOT)

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    Many people are finding the Season 4 rankings to be... problematic.
    I do not mean to insult your skill, but do not be surprised if you hit platinum or even diamond with little to no effort. What was S3's Gold is S4's Diamond, few players in Diamond are as skilled as Diamond used to imply.
    Not anymore, it seems that putting everyone in a higher tier in the previous split didn't work out, so now Hi-Rez is putting everyone in a lower tier, for example, I was platinum 2 last split, I didn't got placed there, I actually had to reach it because I got placed in gold, and now I won 8 out of 10 matches and got placed in gold 4.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 2,671
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Working the way up from Gold/Plat is much more healthy than everyone being in Diamond III after 10 games imo. I'd rather have to work for something and earn it rather than being given it. My diamond rank last split meant absolutely nothing as everyone was being placed there after qualifier even if you lost like three or four games.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

New Member Cupidhead AddedProtection's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386
    As I see it, the new system is great as it tests the players skill and determination to reach their ranked goal. Because you are lower tier, it drives you to overcome the enemies in your way in order to reach your goal.

Think of it as a midyear test of all the skills you learnt in the previous split.