Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: smite ultimates arent unique at all

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class

Thumbs up smite ultimates arent unique at all

im gonna target assassins with this one because assassins usually have two kinda of ults. assassins either have an ult that makes them fly up into the air and be untargetable and then they go down at target location dealing damage or an ult that allows them to dive and fuck up one single person and not have anyone be able to do anything about it. and if the ultimate doesn't seem to fit at first, the rest of their kit allows them to use their ultimate in a way that fits into the latter (like susano, serqet, bastet)

sure sometimes its an execute and sometimes it has crowd control, but they all basically fit into these two groups

because hirez cant seem to make ultimates that feel unique its like they try to force out some frustrating ones like loki and thanatos. any ultimate thats "unless you have beads you die and even if you do have beads you still might die" is extremely poor design and leads to a lot of frustrating situations

even if you examine each class in a vacuum, they all have gods with such similar ults. SO MANY mages have the same boring linear skillshot that deals damage ult (ra,nox,thoth,kuku,etc). hunters got the lanewide aoe damage ult that may or may not apply cc (cupid,cernnunos,izanami,hou yi, etc).

warriors and guardians are KIND OF unique, but still they have almost the same ults as others and they dont have nearly as many gods in their respective classifications. warriors have the if you stay anywhere near me im gonna hit you with my lanewide aoe ult that deals damage and buffs me (bellona,nike,chaac,odin) and if they dont have that their ults are dueling or diving tools similar to what assassins have like guan yu and amaterasu. guardians usually have some aoe fuckzone where if you remain in the zone you get fucked up. geb and sylvanus literally have the same ult as well

this isnt even a problem with just the old gods as camazotz and cernnunos both have stereotypical ults for being assassins or hunters respectively

hirez needs 2 up their game. only moba i play where so many characters have the exact same ult. in league its max 3. in heroes of the storm almost nobody has the same ult which is really impressive considering every hero has an option of two. i only play dota2 with one friend but im PRETTY SURE not many have the exact same ult when you consider dota2 people have such crazy shit in their kits
    delete fat
    i need to make it clear that objectively speaking raijin is the most attractive god in this game

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    you mention thenatos, but forget to compare him with the most simillar ults (thor rata, specially apollo [ao kuang, maybe because of execution percentage ult])

and yes, i agree, not only the ults they force to do the same attach over and over, rata is a copy of thor, zeus charge and chiron charge, tyr "dash?" (aka: infinite stun) and ganesha dash.

you can resume this game in more or less 20 abbilities
    jump- underground moving
    dash, teleport, circle attack, AA buff, root, stun, sleep, charge... you know what i mean

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by PîxelFox View Post
    you mention thenatos, but forget to compare him with the most simillar ults (thor rata, specially apollo [ao kuang, maybe because of execution percentage ult])
    i didnt feel like i needed to because almost half of the assassins and even some adcs do it
    delete fat
    i need to make it clear that objectively speaking raijin is the most attractive god in this game

Achievements:
    saddest part is that sometimes when they do a unique god they overnerf him untill he is thor -2.0

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 904
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    i'd say ares is unique in his ult. yes it is an aoe ability and if you stay in it you're screwed...but in a different enough of a way.

the fact that when his ult goes off it does no damage, that if you are chained you could viably go warp back to base and then get pulled back to where you were before hand...no other god has anything close to that. (closest non guardian ult that does something like this is Fenrir, but that is a single target)
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Achievements:
    Yeah, some are unique. But there still lots and lots that are the same
    Those snipper mages: kkk ra thoth nox chag'e janus raijin
    Aoe ult: pose zeus isis vulcan ah-puch hades
    Unique ult: morrigan agni anubis nuwa freya zhong-kui hebo sol scylla aphro ao-kuang, hel isnt a real ult.

Half of the mages (the biggest role in the game) have repeated ults, but the unique ult part is comparing between mages. If you compare all roles surety you have 10 non repeated ults. Not to talk about abbilities because practically all are repeated.

Ad: comment in this thread to make the rata's uniqueness come back, he is actually thor in squirrel form (with less of everything). Please support, i want his old abbilities back (but balanced), just give your oppinion.
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...duplicated-god
    Last edited by PîxelFox; 04-22-2017 at 10:02 AM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    i'd say ares is unique in his ult. yes it is an aoe ability and if you stay in it you're screwed...but in a different enough of a way.

the fact that when his ult goes off it does no damage, that if you are chained you could viably go warp back to base and then get pulled back to where you were before hand...no other god has anything close to that. (closest non guardian ult that does something like this is Fenrir, but that is a single target)
    ares ult is terrible design because its both "unless you have beads you die" ult as well as aoe fuckzone because theres no range on the chains
    delete fat

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by daddysgirl69 View Post
    ares ult is terrible design because its both "unless you have beads you die" ult as well as aoe fuckzone because theres no range on the chains
    its simple, but is unique, there isnt any other god that when he catch you you better have beads, and isnt only by the ulti. also normal chains plus fire can easily quit 2000hp 1v1.

also most part of ults are the same. you have sanctuary or you die, except those you can avoid trolling (thanatos if you are lucky, snipper ults, etc) aoe arent counted because for example in pose when you have whirpool, you cant use escapes, then if kraken is comming you better have sanctuary.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 904
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by daddysgirl69 View Post
    his ult has a range of 35 units to catch people. after they are caught, yeah there is no range limit
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    The problem with being unique is.....being balanced.

The game in its current state is pretty much fucked over in terms of balance. Carrys gain to much from items,guardians cant really tank anymore because tons of shred,the amount of CC is far too much and the possibility to counter said CC is far too low.....and people cry about aegis and beads and want those nerfed so CC gets even less counters.

So yeah each time Hi-REz add something "new" there are two possible outcomes:

1.) Its far to weak for the current "i smash all my CC in your face and take your virginity" state of the game.

or

2.) Its far to strong for the said state of the game because it pretty much counters it so people start bitching and complaining.

The result always stays the same....it will get balanced into the current state of the game so the state of the game stays bad for ever. I mean SMITE already put some stuff in the game that shouldnt be here like :
    1. Executes.
    2. Auto aim abilitys. (SMITE was stated to be a skill based skill shot game)
    3. Flying accros the map (which means evading ALL dmg except Nu Was ult and already applyed DoTs)
    4. Warriors that tank more then tanks AND deal more dmg. (why have a tank anyway ?)

So there you go. You want something "new" ? Then fix the "old".
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.