Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Profanity During Professional Streams

Junior Member Cupidhead Rockonanimals's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 518
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Profanity During Professional Streams

So maybe I am alone on this, but the last few times I have tuned into the live stream I have heard swearing at some point or another. Now I swear daily yea sure, and don't normally flinch when hearing it but it just seems to take away from the seriousness of the eSport when this goes on without a care.

It hasn't been from the announcers or interviewers that I have heard I will say, just the players; but I believe in a format that could be controlled. For example is listening in on the teams chat during a game really necessary when the first words I hear are "the ****ing Susanoo!" then they carry on for another 10 seconds of listening. At this point should it not cut out and apologize? Shouldn't this just be avoided all together? Then during an interview one of the players responds to a question with another F*** in it. I feel like this is something behind the scenes that teams could become aware of that the live streams it's best at a minimum.

I get that it's not the staff,I just believe it should be encouraged and routes taken to avoid this. I just think it takes away from the credibility and professional appearance of the sport. (The same if an article is written with poor grammar or full of swearing). Being here since beta I do value the progression of the game which is why I was curious how others felt.

So in closing, I was just curious how other players felt. Do you think it makes it seem less serious? If something is presented in a less profane manner does it seem more professional? Am I just coming onto the live streams at a bad time?

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 849
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    id say the professional since is not really one soley based on how alot of them carry them selfs in game s lobbys and on streams
    will you cant blame them for saying profane things to one another during pro games thats on the production crew ,
    if smite wants to be taken more serious then those aspiring to be professional need figure out how to be just that

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 508
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    For a minuite there I thought you was on about smite central... I went in there once and said I had just play a game as Ymir and got 20 kills to 6 deaths as a support and I was told to stfu then a mod told me he would ban me for talking a load of rubbish!

The casters also took the piss out of the people competing because they wasn't even building right and it was like a riot in that place.

I dont know if it's a very " tight" community on smite central. But sometimes it's ok and sometimes you got 28 people viewing smite central and everyone of them is being a douche

As for the other streams I can see spl players using profanity but I don't want the casters using it which they don't. I find the live streams of any pro match so annoying mainly because the chat and what people say.
    I like turtles

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Things get very heated in voice comms during a competitive nature. In voice comms it is understandable, however during an interview it is not accepted very well and could possibly result in fines.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,788
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    What magic said. The players shouldnt be silenced or restrained while playing the game.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Junior Member Cupidhead Rockonanimals's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 518
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post
    What magic said. The players shouldnt be silenced or restrained while playing the game.
    I agree with the fact players should be able to say what they want during the game. I am just confused why we even listen. Even the viewer chat during is usually mocking how you can barely understand it anyways. But I feel it would be better played afterwards, when they could filter it and give an insight to "let's hear what they were saying while making (whatever play)".

During interviews I think it should be player awareness to watch language but during the game it should be HiRez taking the precautions to avoid it IMO.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockonanimals View Post
    I agree with the fact players should be able to say what they want during the game. I am just confused why we even listen. Even the viewer chat during is usually mocking how you can barely understand it anyways. But I feel it would be better played afterwards, when they could filter it and give an insight to "let's hear what they were saying while making (whatever play)".

During interviews I think it should be player awareness to watch language but during the game it should be HiRez taking the precautions to avoid it IMO.
    But the streams are live, how are you going to filter that?
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Look behind you... no the other way... c'mon almost there! No, what are you doing? Gods above..
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 611
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GogetaAR View Post
    But the streams are live, how are you going to filter that?
    Add in a minute or so delay.

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Smite is also rated T so... Profainity should be expected regardless. It just comes from the players more often than not.
    Join the cult of Khepri for he is Love and Life.

God Concepts:

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Twitch chat mocking or making fun of something will happen anywhere in any game, no matter how good or bad the production quality is. And as said above, the games are live-streamed. There is no censoring it until it has been recorded and released afterward on social media.
    Last edited by Goobis; 04-30-2017 at 10:05 PM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.