Thread: Idea on new way to balance items

New Member Cupidhead Basalisk_King's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Lightbulb Idea on new way to balance items

I think its safe to say that everyone agrees that HiRez is not the best at balancing the items in Smite. So how about a system where the players balance the items. My idea is that HiRez gives items a range for there stats and the hard stats the items have in game would be determined by how often the item is bought and how many people buy them. If an item is becomes popular its stats could becrease or its price increase and visa-versa, if an item is not being picked up often then it would be buffed to make it more incising. With the way Smite is, it will never be balanced. But if something like this is implemented it will give the community some power over how the game is balanced.

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Impying that the player base knows what balance even is...
    Join the cult of Khepri for he is Love and Life.

God Concepts:

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The issue with this is that there are different levels to how players percieve and play the game, an experienced player knows precisely how far he can go with his god and what exact role he must fulfill in a team match, so he will take the items he requires to perform to his best and aid his team the right way.

A low skill level player will only know how to cast from safe range, if even that, they usully suicide too so how balance is made would proly be either be done by the pros or by the noobs, but what the pros would suggest would make the game more difficult and unappealing to noobs, so..?

But since the noobs always exist as the majority, if we used a majority system the precise opposite would happen.

I think hirez just needs to learn to use their brains before implementing items and gods.
    Look at susano for example, he is a god that in almost less than a second can use his 1 ability to spam damage, potentially position, hit 3 times with basic attack canceling, pulling enemy to himself doing dmg, canceling again, dashing then still free to use teleport and its damage and its basic attack canceling, then he can use his ult to pull in enemies hold them trapped then knock them up and do heavy damage, wiping out an entire team in an instant.

And now take zhong kui, altough he can do plenty of damage he is a walking talking noodle that has a heavy slow, a heavy damage ability, and a weak ass stun, a protection passive and a slow ass ult that takes 5 years to deliver its full damage potential.

This is the hirez type god design, while one god pours damage in a sec, the other takes 5years ot do nything.

How to balance?

Make zhong 1 long range, 60 yard, thin but not far too thin cast ability that he can use once, if he hits reduce its cd by half.
    make it so his 2 doesnt need to target enemies, instaed any moment he can send souls he has already captured to enemies within 50 yard range, and damage them while also slowing them plenty for a mere moment, and make his 3 a single target ability that is casted like old nu wa 3, but it goes to 70yard, whoever is hit will be knocked down and will be damaged, if he uses this on an enemy god he gets 20% movement boost and if he is attacked in the process the buff has extra 0,5 sec time added so he can juke like bad.
    Keep his ult as it is, and make it so one minions die by his 1, they are automatically added to his passive.

Is this balance? Well, now they both are hellish minions of destruction and everything horryfing incarnate.
    But this is how a good game is balanced, give everyone as much potential as possible, but think beforehand, how can the encounter go.

Which is the part hi rez forgets when they keep adding op gods even more op side aspects such as teleport + dmg on susanu, knockup on ult and pull in, etc.

Senior Member Chosen JustRun175's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I think us players need to honestly shut up about their balance unless it's something so outrageous as like release sol or erlang or susano. This game ain't easy to balance, yea u say they make shit descions well what decisions would u make and how 'good' would they be on and imagine if u guys got to have a say in god balance GZ.

I understand 95% of what Hi rez changes when I read patch notes. If we applied forum opinion to balance this game would die at the end of the season and I bet everyone would be clueless every single patch 100% clueless.