Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nu Wa – Suggestions to spice her up

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 745
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered

Nu Wa – Suggestions to spice her up

You may think now: "Not again a thread about her". I'm sorry for that.
    Many players think that Nu Wa needs some improvements to her kit, some say she became one of the weakest links among the mages. I’ll try to put in a few ideas that could bring her back again. I mixed her current abilities with some of her old ones and added a few of my own ideas to that. I decided to leave out damage numbers since, in my opinion, they don't need any changes. Please read everything carefully before giving feedback.

Passive - Elemental Crystals
    Nu Wa draws upon the power of the five-colored elemental crystals. When she uses an ability, it activates its corresponding crystal for 10 seconds, granting her an additional bonus.

Wood Crystal Bonus: After 5 successful basic attacks, Nu Wa's next basic attack will root enemies.

I just combined her current passive with a part of her old one. I loved her previous passive and I still don't get why they screwed it. She still has got five crystals, why only use one of them?

1st Ability - Mysterious Fog
    Nu Wa condenses moisture into fog at her location which follows her at 95 % of her movement speed. If activated again, the fog rolls forward away from her. She and all allies are stealthed while inside the fog and have increased movement speed. Attacking or receiving damage won't break the stealth effect.
    Enemies caught inside the fog are concealed from their own allies as well and are slowly choked for damage every second they are in it. Covered enemies have their vision heavily blurred. This ability also activates Nu Wa's Water Crystal, granting her an increased HP5 and MP5 aura.

Water Crystal Bonus: 5/10/15/20/25 HP5 and MP5 increase
    Movement Speed: 20 %

Cooldown: 15 seconds

This would give her a lot more utility. It allows you to attack and still remain stealthed. I mean, as soon as you attack, everyone knows you're inside the fog, so it doesn't make that much of a difference, given that everyone can see the big circle on the ground. Now that you can control the fog again, you may chase an enemy with it, covering him and preventing him from being seen by his allies while also reducing his vision. However, it doesn't work that well on gods with escapes and people will usually avoid getting too close to it. I increased the movement speed buff and added a regenerative passive since water is known to have a refreshing and healing effect.

2nd Ability - Clay Soldiers
    Nu Wa conjures Clay Soldiers from the earth. These soldiers have Health equal to 200 plus 20 % of Nu Wa's maximum health, and deal damage with Basic Attacks. Clay Soldiers will attack the closest enemy when summoned and if you or an ally are hit by an enemy god they will instantly switch to that god. Gods hit by their initial charge will take damage and have their Magical Protections reduced. Using this ability activates Nu Wa's Earth Crystal, granting her a physical protection aura.

Soldiers Conjured: 1/2/2/2/3 for 10 seconds
    Earth Crystal Bonus: 10/25/20/25/30 Physical Protection

Cooldown: 18 seconds

This stays almost the same but with her old Earth Crystal passive added to it.

3d Ability - Flame Strike
    Nu Wa conjures an intense burst of flame at her ground target location, stunning enemies and igniting them for additional damage every second. The damage increases the closer Nu Wa is to the source when cast, up to 1.5x at point blank range. If she hits her Clay Soldiers with Flame Strike, they become empowered, gaining increased lifetime, health and dealing more damage. This ability activates Nu Wa's Fire Crystal, granting her basic attacks splash damage that applies on-hit item effects.

Fire Crystal Bonus: Basic attacks hit targets within 15 ft for 50 % damage.

Cooldown: 12 seconds

This is her old Flame Strike ability with a few changes. I hate how she needs to blow up her own "creations" and "children" with a piece of metal to deal bonus damage. Why not empower them like a mother should? She now can create her own "fire minions". I removed the ability to stun and damage towers with it as that was unfair to play against.

Ultimate - Metal Shards
    Nu Wa transforms into her true part-dragon form and flies up into the clouds, gaining visibility on all enemy gods, and summoning shining metal shards from the sky to damage each of them. After that, Nu Wa picks a new location to land. This ability activates her Metal Crystal, granting her basic attacks increased damage.

Landing Range: 100
    Metal Crystal Bonus: 2x Basic attack damage

Cooldown: 110 seconds

I've seen plenty of people being mad at not being able to fly over walls, me included. She ascends to the sky and can't even escape Odin's cage? Now she has an Ao Kuang-like mechanic where she can choose another location to land, without dealing damage though. I also renamed the ability from "fire" to "metal shards" to complete the five-elements theme (and re-edited the icon ).
    Last edited by Faeydon; 05-04-2017 at 03:37 AM.

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I found it a bit exaggerated. That would really make it OP. Her current kit is good, just needs some updates.

The passive, although not as useful as in previous seasons, can "save".

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile! Tagger Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by lGoulding View Post
    I found it a bit exaggerated. That would really make it OP. Her current kit is good, just needs some updates.

The passive, although not as useful as in previous seasons, can "save".
    Her current kit is really mediocre.

Her current passive sucks and is unreliable. It would be better if they gave her old passive back OR allowed her to just hit the air to charge it.

Her current 1 takes a lot of effort to use correctly and even while using it correctly it sucks compared to other abilities.

Her current 2 his probably her most solid ability compared to the rest of her kit; no change needed.

Her current 3 is ok, but its kinda too small and doesn't really do enough damage UNLESS you pair it with her 2 which shouldn't be the case.

Her Ult is...decent. Early game it can be a good tool for letting your allies know where all the enemies are, but late game it's simply a finisher and chip damage that can be countered by shields/aegis. Mage ults, for the most part, are suppose to be this strong ability that rewards you for landing it, but the fact Nu Wa doesn't have to aim it means she loses damage because of it.

*Also, Nu Wa is part snake ; not a dragon.*
    I miss S2, that's when Smite was at it's most balanced.

I only post on threads that I feel like I could add something to the conversation...most of the time.

Been playing Smite since Nov 2014; over 1264 hours in Smite, and made it to D5 in S2, so don't tell me, without any evidence, that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarFrost View Post
    Her current 3 is ok, but its kinda too small and doesn't really do enough damage UNLESS you pair it with her 2 which shouldn't be the case.
    It is not a bad ability itself, but I hate the fact that you have to kill your own soldiers to stun someone. It doesn't even fit her lore as a protector of mankind. Her old 3 at least took some skill to use and was very satisfying if you hit an enemy within such a small radius.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarFrost View Post
    *Also, Nu Wa is part snake ; not a dragon.*
    Since she has spines on her tail in her current form that makes it rather look like a dragon tail, I thought I'd call it like that.
    Last edited by Faeydon; 05-01-2017 at 04:19 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Her fog duration needs a nerf, and so does it's movement speed maybe have it scale with levels? But 20% the whole time is just too much to be honest, and that new passive needs a nerf as well. She'd be too OP if that was her Kit

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by y4073346090 View Post
    Her fog duration needs a nerf, and so does it's movement speed maybe have it scale with levels? But 20% the whole time is just too much to be honest, and that new passive needs a nerf as well. She'd be too OP if that was her Kit
    Her fog has always had this duration and no one complained, in fact, it's her weakest ability. But people complained about the little movement speed it gave and yes, 10 % speed is barely noticeable and won't help you escape or chase. Hel's heal grants 25 % speed at all levels.
    Nu Wa's old passive was one of the thinks that many people missed after her rework, so I suggested to give a part of it back to her, together with her current passive.

She wouldn't be as OP as you guys think at first glance!

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I believe there are many changes, which hi-rez is not willing to do.

Giving her more MS on the fog and making the ultimate pass-through player-made walls would be enough.

Many people give their opinion, saying that she is "fine" even without playing with her. That's what makes me indignant.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeydon View Post
    Her fog has always had this duration and no one complained, in fact, it's her weakest ability. But people complained about the little movement speed it gave and yes, 10 % speed is barely noticeable and won't help you escape or chase. Hel's heal grants 25 % speed at all levels.
    Nu Wa's old passive was one of the thinks that many people missed after her rework, so I suggested to give a part of it back to her, together with her current passive.

She wouldn't be as OP as you guys think at first glance!
    Her fog duration is 6 seconds not 10 seconds, and Hel is a hybrid mage she's a supportive damage healer, Nu Wa is fine the way she is but I honestly think she needs a better passive as in the one she has currently kind of sucks.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Polario View Post
    I believe there are many changes, which hi-rez is not willing to do.

Giving her more MS on the fog and making the ultimate pass-through player-made walls would be enough.

Many people give their opinion, saying that she is "fine" even without playing with her. That's what makes me indignant.
    I use to play Nu Wa her damage is fabulous, late game she's OP, I don't think she needs any changes except for the ult part I agree with you on that, and for her Fog MS i honestly wouldn't want that to change, it would be pretty fucked up to have her deal massive damage and stun, but also have an escape basically no Risk High Reward easier game for Nu Wa and etc

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by y4073346090 View Post
    I use to play Nu Wa her damage is fabulous, late game she's OP, I don't think she needs any changes except for the ult part I agree with you on that, and for her Fog MS i honestly wouldn't want that to change, it would be pretty fucked up to have her deal massive damage and stun, but also have an escape basically no Risk High Reward easier game for Nu Wa and etc
    I do not know.
    Or am I an idiot to keep repeating the same thing
    Or you all are sick who do not read the comments.

But for the millionth time and last, WHEN DID I TELL ABOUT DAMAGE?
    Fuck her damage, I'm already very satisfied with that and I'm not talking about it, stop being blind!

"and for her Fog MS i honestly wouldn't want that to change, it would be pretty fucked up to have her deal massive damage and stun, but also have an escape basically no Risk High Reward"
    You have just summarized Nox, Scylla, Agni,Hades among others. They all have massive damage, stun/cc and scape.

I do not see anything that implies that she has a useful scape skill, since as damage/clear this ability is horrible.