Thread: Deserters

Junior Member Senior Minion lonewolfhowl100's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! Third Class

Deserters

Is it just me, or does it seem like people have been deserting matches more and more? I understand a lot of people desert Assault for not getting the God/Goddess they want (which pisses me off), but I've had Arena and Joust matches where people just disappeared before the match started. It's honestly starting to make Smite unplayable since my team often loses those matches.

Ex: I had three people desert a match of Assault (They were clanmates). Me (Thanatos) and poor Bacchus had to face Athena, Ymir, Raigin, Zeus, and, I think a Xbalanche, by ourselves. I felt so bad for the Bacchus because he kept saying sorry and stuff even though it wasn't his fault.
    With the Marksmanship of Neith, the strength of Bellona, the viciousness of Fenrir, the frightening magic from Nox, and the healing abilities from the stunning Terra, our team will prevail! Join me on PS4 and let's make tonight one to remember! Now, who's with me?!

PSN: lonewolfhowl100

God Ideas:
    Demeter, Goddess of the Harvest.
    Izanagi, God of Creation.
    Maya, Goddess of Illusion.
    Phobos, God of Fear.

God Skin Ideas:
    Eclipse Scylla.
    Rockin' Terra

Junior Member Senior Minion
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 499
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Nah, I think it happens all the time.

Just push through it, try to have a good game on your part. In my case I am noticing a lot of abandonment in Clash and Joust.

Achievements:
    I know, I try not to quit because I could use the practice. Besides, who hasn't wanted to try and 1vs3 someone? lol
    With the Marksmanship of Neith, the strength of Bellona, the viciousness of Fenrir, the frightening magic from Nox, and the healing abilities from the stunning Terra, our team will prevail! Join me on PS4 and let's make tonight one to remember! Now, who's with me?!

God Ideas:
    Phobos, God of Fear.

God Skin Ideas:
    Eclipse Scylla.
    Rockin' Terra

Achievements:
    Exactly If you are looking for someone who NEVER quits (me) feel free to PM me
    Just now I've had a siege game, 4 opponents quit

And matchmaking in this game is a joke: http://smite.guru/match/ps/77417664

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    We was in a party today and the other conquest team/enemy had there support leave. He was pretty bad and the ADC i got put with was laughing everytime he died. The cabrakin was just running in for the kill and dying.. He raged quit.

Being support to an ADC is tough sometimes if the ADC is nuts or doesn't push. But rage quitting is never good. The team was actually pretty good just had no support and ended up surrendering but might have won the game if he stayed
    I like turtles

Achievements:
    The problem is that game is matching people who care about the game with casual people who don't. Someone who just started playing SMITE and has put few hours into the game will just quit occasionaly and might never come back to the game.
    Last edited by The_Wodzu; Yesterday at 06:35 PM.

Achievements:
    The matchmaking has been a bit annoying. Smite players are seeming to become more toxic and care less about what the outcome of the match is (or it may just be my servers). Not many tend to listen to the VGS chat.

There are instances I understand why people would leave. Ex: While I was playing Terra, I had to go somewhere unexpectedly midway through the match, so I randomly DCed. My bad. (but it made the match even since the other Terra RQed early in the match.) Sometimes I understand people leaving because their PS4 (or Xbox) froze. It happens, but don't RQ on Smite, especially if you're a role is a major component to team comp. Please don't desert because your friend got online and you'd rather play CoD instead of completing a match you just started. It affects the whole team in unexpected ways. It may force a squishy character to engage the teamfight, or it may cause the team to do no damage. That happens a LOT in Assault.

To Commandoo's comment: Being support is difficult at times. I played an Athena with an Izanami. The Izanami was retreating and I was blocking the enemies shots while she got to tower. (To understand the situation, I was blocking with 1/4 health at the start of the match.) The Izanami made it to tower with 1/5 health and decided she would rather clear the minion wave entering the tower while the two enemies were right outside the tower line. Apollo bursted her down and started blaming me. I messaged her to stop being a VGS spammer, and she called me the worst support. Long story short: I ended up leaving her for dead and my teammates agreed with my decision. We won (I think I shared this story, sorry if it's repetitive. Just the things that happen on Smite.)

And I know whatcha mean The_Wodzu: http://smite.guru/match/ps/77261863
    Last edited by lonewolfhowl100; Yesterday at 10:43 PM.

God Ideas:
    Phobos, God of Fear.

God Skin Ideas:
    Eclipse Scylla.
    Rockin' Terra